News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Mr. Roberts Plumbing

Started by Fer, March 26, 2010, 01:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fer

Hi.
Just wanted to pass along a heartfelt recommendation for Mr. Roberts Plumbing. 

Based on BTF recs, I called Mr. Roberts when I was getting strange noises from the ejector pump in my basement a few months ago.  He (and his son, I think) came out that same morning and sure enough, determined that it was dead and needed to be replaced.  They left to get the new one, and had it installed and running in a few hours. 

I told him about the prior water problems in the basement; he suggested I have the catch basin in the back yard rodded out in early spring.  So, I called the other day & Mrs. Roberts answered the phone.  I told her what I wanted done & she said that Mr. R. could be out early the next morning (Thursday) by around 8:30.  When she asked if there was electrical access in the yard, I told her no, but I could leave my garage door unlocked so they could get it from there(since I have to leave for work at 8 a.m.).  She was horrified and told me that she'd have him come out earlier when I was still home.  She told me to not ever leave my garage unlocked at any time, and was just very sweet and accommodating.  And sure enough, Mr. Roberts was at my back door by 7:30 and had the job done before I needed to leave at 8 a.m.

Her concern helped restore a little bit of my faith in people.  Granted, I know that I should never give idiots access to just waltz into my garage and take my stuff, but I wasn't really thinking of that just then.

So, anyway, just wanted to pass this along.  Mr. Roberts is now my go-to plumber, should I need one again.

Fer

"Life is short. Enjoy it."
J. Sullivan, 7/28/06

psychomom

"He who opens a school door closes a prison"

Victor Hugo

menace2society

How much did he charge you to rod out the catch basin?  Did he use a blade or just rod?

renovatorbear

He has done work for us on several occassions, including re-doing the work that another plumber had just done and f***ed up.  Always prompt, courteous and good work.

shellyG

I used Mr Robert's for 2 clogged drains based on reading about him here....great work and a really sweet man! I would recommend him!

rudemon

I had Mr. Roberts route out our basement drain to the sewer-40 minutes $175. Does anyone think this is too much?

berwynguy

Unfortunately, this ain't your grandmother's Berwyn anymore.

Bonster

Yeah, that sounds like a lot.
Unless it was in conjunction with video to see if there's any root penetration.

I was reamed by Neptune on a catch basin cleaning before.  Got to get the quotes up front for work like this.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

rudemon

Yeah, I definitely should have gotten a quote before. Live and learn. I should've been a plumber!

dukesdad

Go to Jack's rent the machine. Do it yourself once and you'll be smiling when you write the check for $175

rudemon

Yeah, I bet it's a real crappy job!