News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

CC Agenda 7/12/2011

Started by Ted, July 09, 2011, 07:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

I have a feeling Tuesday's meeting is going to be very short. Only items of note are the moving of Youth Crossroads from 27th & Ridgeland to 6847 Cermak Road; approval for the "Wiggles and Giggles" day care center on Ogden between Ridgeland and Elmwood (next to the Shell station); and a "two scrivener's errors" in the Redlight Camera law:

BERWYN CITY COUNCIL MEETING
                                      July 12, 2011

DEAR ATTENDEE.....THE MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL WELCOME YOU. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS A MEETING OF THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL MEMBERS AS OPPOSED TO A PUBLIC HEARING WHERE ATTENDEES ARE ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE. UNLESS INVITED BY THE MAYOR TO SPEAK, YOU ARE REQUESTED NOT TO INTERRUPT. IF YOU ARE RECOGNIZED BY THE MAYOR, PLEASE PREFACE YOUR REMARKS BY STATING YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS FOR THE RECORD. THANK YOU.
ROBERT J. LOVERO                                   THOMAS J. PAVLIK
MAYOR                                                       CITY CLERK
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AGENDA
ROLL CALL

(A) PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - MOMENT OF SILENCE

(B) OPEN FORUM - (TOPIC MUST NOT BE ON THE AGENDA)

(C) PRESENTATION OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS MINUTES FOR APPROVAL
1. REG 6/28/11-COW-6/28/11-PUBLIC HEARING 6/28/11 (HARLEM TIF)

(D) BID OPENING – TABULATIONS

(E) BERWYN DEVELOPMENT CORP.-BERWYN TOWNSHIP/HEALTH DISTRICT

(F) REPORTS AND COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE MAYOR

(G) REPORTS AND COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE CITY CLERK

(H) COMMUNICATIONS FROM (ZONING) BOARD OF APPEALS
1. PEQUES WIGGLES AND GIGGLES LEARNING CENTER, INC. 6416 W. OGDEN, DAYCARE

(I) REPORTS AND COMMUNICATIONS FROM ALDERMEN, COMMITTEES OTHER BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS
1. ALDERMAN AVILA-RE-LOCATION OF YOUTH CROSSROADS OFFICE

(J) STAFF REPORTS
1. CHIEF OF POLICE - EXPLORER POST 94 SWEARING IN CEREMONY
2. CITY ATTORNEY- ORD. ESTABLISHING AN AUTOMATED TRAFFIC SIGNAL ENFORCEMENT SYSTEM
3. DIR/PUBLIC WORKS-RECOMMENDATION TO AWARD THE 2011 PAVEMENT MARKING CONTRACT.
4. FINANCE/PW DIRECTOR-DISPOSAL OF SURPLUS SCRAP METAL

(K) CONSENT AGENDA: ALL ITEMS ON THE CONSENT AGENDA ARE CONSIDERED TO BE ROUTINE IN NATURE AND WILL BE ENACTED IN ONE MOTION. THERE WILL BE NO SEPARATE DISCUSSION OF THESE ITEMS UNLESS A COUNCIL MEMBER SO REQUESTS, IN WHICH EVENT THE ITEM WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA AND CONSIDERED AS THE FIRST ITEM AFTER APPROVAL OF THE CONSENT AGENDA
1. BUDGET CHAIR-PAYROLL-7/6/11-$1,030,959.17
2. BUDGET CHAIR-PAYABLES-7/12/11-$1,357,376.61
3. LICENSING & COLLECTIONS-BUSINESS LICENSE ISSUED MAY & JUNE, 2011
4. MAIN STREET-2ND ANNUAL CERMAK SIDEWALK SALE-7/14-17, 8/11,-14, 9/8,-11, 2011
5. SUNNY DAYS KIDS ACADEMY-ANNUAL PICNIC-9/24/11
6. BLOCK PARTY-2400 SCOVILLE-7/30/11
7. BLOCK PARTY-3600 CUYLER-7/30/11
8. BLOCK PARTY-1600-GROVE-8/13/11
9. BLOCK PARTY-1400-CUYLER-8/13/11
10. BLOCK PARTY-3400 HOME-7/23/11
11. BLOCK PARTY-1300 ELMWOOD-7/16/11
ITEMS SUBMITTED ON TIME 18
In accordance with the provisions of the Americans with disabilities Act, any individual who is in the need of a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in or benefit from attendance at a public meeting of the City of Berwyn should contact Thomas J. Pavlik, City Clerk at 708/788-2660 as soon as possible before the meeting date.

Ted

btw, one of the "scrivener's errors" in the Redlight Camera law was misidentifying under what part of the statute a penalty or violation occurred.

I wondered if people who received tickets from Redlight camera's in Berwyn could get out of their ticket due to this technicality?

OakParkSpartan

Why is Youth Crossroads (which I thought was a non-profit) moving an item for city council to vote on?  Zoning variance?  Then wouldn't that go through the zoning board?  Or waiver of the ban on multiple similar businesses (I forget what it is called...nail salons, lawyers, etc).
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

EC

I think what you are questioning is the Cermak Overlay ordinance. In this case, Youth Crossroads is a professional service and their offices would be on the first floor of the building. That I believe is also against the overlay ordinance and would require a zoning variance.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: EC on July 11, 2011, 09:15:00 AM
I think what you are questioning is the Cermak Overlay ordinance. In this case, Youth Crossroads is a professional service and their offices would be on the first floor of the building. That I believe is also against the overlay ordinance and would require a zoning variance.

YES!  Overlay is what I forgot the name of.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato