News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Chick-fil-A

Started by dukesdad, March 26, 2014, 01:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dukesdad

Already camped out in the parking lot!

It's always exciting when a new Chick-fil-A Restaurant opens. But it's especially rewarding for 100 people who will be chosen to participate in the Grand Opening. Those "First 100" participants who comply with the official rules will receive a Grand Prize of one Chick-fil-A Meal per week for a year! Click on the links below to learn all of the details and rules, see photos, and find upcoming Grand Openings.

justme

I know people will have their comments about how they hate this place , how people are stupid because they camp out,etc. My cousin was telling me that he had better things to do with his time than camp out for 52 free meals. But like I told him , that's what makes some people happy. Maybe for some of those people that is the only joy they have in their life, so let them be.  Personally we love Chick-fil-A (yes there are actually gays who do!) but camping out for ANYTHING is not something I would do.

This is a perfect location and will do VERY well!

dukesdad

It's gonna be a nuthouse for awhile.

exPROPer

Chick-fil-A and Hobby Lobby are in the same bucket for me.  I'll take my hard earned dollars to more humane/tolerant businesses.  Oh, Home Depot - also in the bucket with these two.

dukesdad

pkd50

Home Depot too?   What did they say or do?

exPROPer

Home Depot CEO made some public hateful remarks about gays.

markberwyn

Quote from: exPROPer on March 27, 2014, 07:15:07 PM
Home Depot CEO made some public hateful remarks about gays.

Such as? Some quick googling suggests the opposite; Home Depot caught flak from homophobic groups like the American Family Association for donating to the Human Rights Campaign and supporting pride events. Helpfully, the AFA has put all of its stupid on one webpage:

http://action.afa.net/item.aspx?id=2147496231
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

justme

I went by this afternoon (about 2pm) just to check it out. What insanity. The line for the drive thru was wrapped around the building and the inside line was out the door. And it will be like this for quite some time.

The problem is that the parking lot is way, way too small. Best bet if you go there: park by Kohl's and walk over. And the way the drive thru is set up is a mess but I guess they did what they had to do with the little space that they had to work with. I have never seen a Chick-fil-A in such a small space but they will do very well at that intersection, that's for sure.

scottymac

Reminds me of Krispy Kreme. Was all the rage up here in the North until people realised that is was just another donut, or in this case, merely another chicken sandwich.

renovatorbear

Quote from: justme
The problem is that the parking lot is way, way too small.

I had the same impression as I watched them building it...small lot compared to the others I've seen.

dukesdad

It's never crowded on Sunday, we go right after church.

justme

Quote from: dukesdad on April 09, 2014, 02:32:07 PM
It's never crowded on Sunday, we go right after church.

Best time to go  ;)

justme

I have been there 5 times in the past 2 weeks (late afternoon)and the employees are  definitely like deer caught in the headlights. The least amount of time I waited in the drive thru was 10 minutes with 4 cars ahead of me.  Today I waited almost 5 and when I left, the line was wrapped around the building. Its going to take them awhile to work out their kinks and get their groove.

buzz

My sister and her husband, in Indiana, eat there a lot on Mondays.  If you take them your Sunday church bulletin they give you a buy 1 get 1 free deal.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

buzz

Quote from: justme on April 09, 2014, 06:58:47 PM
The least amount of time I waited in the drive thru was 10 minutes with 4 cars ahead of me.
While you were waiting I was at Five Guys enjoying a very good cheeseburger !  I saw the Chick line and decided not to wait.
Five Guys offers so many options for toppings, so why am I stuck with American on my cheeseburger ?
   offtopic

justme

Quote from: buzz on April 09, 2014, 08:03:43 PM
Quote from: justme on April 09, 2014, 06:58:47 PM
The least amount of time I waited in the drive thru was 10 minutes with 4 cars ahead of me.
While you were waiting I was at Five Guys enjoying a very good cheeseburger !  I saw the Chick line and decided not to wait.
Five Guys offers so many options for toppings, so why am I stuck with American on my cheeseburger ?
   offtopic

I rather wait for chicken lol
I only eat red meat every once and awhile and that will be this weekend when we grill  :oink:

Bonster

I've been there twice.  Once around 7p, and both lines were about 4 cars deep.  A spot opened up and I parked.
Next time I went was around 7:30 and the outer lane was wide open!!

For those who head northbound on Harlem, you have no choice but to exit at the light on Cermak, but that hasn't been too bad at the times I've gone.   

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bonster

Quote from: buzz on April 09, 2014, 08:03:43 PM

Right?! 

They are one of the only places I've seen offering green peppers as a topping.  Surprisingly good on a burger!!

offtopic
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

buzz

Quote from: B o n s t e r on April 10, 2014, 03:27:49 PM
  A spot opened up and I parked.
With gas back at $4/gal. again I don't sit with the engine running.  I park.