News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Chick-fil-A

Started by dukesdad, March 26, 2014, 01:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonster

Quote from: buzz on April 10, 2014, 07:17:39 PM
Quote from: B o n s t e r on April 10, 2014, 03:27:49 PM
  A spot opened up and I parked.
With gas back at $4/gal. again I don't sit with the engine running.  I park.

I go to Costco; 50ยข cheaper.   :usa:
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

renovatorbear

Yup! Gas was $4.09 at Mobil and $3.59 at Costco last weekend.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: renovatorbear on April 11, 2014, 01:49:48 PM
That's the main reason I joined.  Between myself and my husband filling up there we will get our $55 membership fee back real fast.  I shop there occasionally but I don't have a huge fridge or an extra one for any bulk purchases in that area.  I did go to the optical department for glasses and found them to be reasonable for what I needed which are not cheap anywhere.  The designer frames were $59.95 there and I looked online and could not find them for less than a hundred on any website.   However, they had to go back and be redone because the new prescription was off in one eye.  Total cost was $280 for high index no line progressive lenses with exam and no insurance.  For reference purposes, I called LensCrafters because they had a 50% off lens sale.  Their price for high index no line progressive lenses before the 50% off is $595 and that's without the exam and frames.  What a scam.  Now that I have my prescription I am going to buy an extra pair from Zenni Optical online which should run me about $100.

justme

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on April 11, 2014, 05:28:41 PM
Quote from: renovatorbear on April 11, 2014, 01:49:48 PM
That's the main reason I joined.  Between myself and my husband filling up there we will get our $55 membership fee back real fast. 

The lower gas prices make the price of membership well worth it even for people who don't shop there. But then how can you not? Not everything is in bulk...you can get booze, bakery, salads,etc too.

~LL~

Quote from: justme on April 11, 2014, 06:35:27 PM
The lower gas prices make the price of membership well worth it even for people who don't shop there. But then how can you not? Not everything is in bulk...you can get booze, bakery, salads,etc too.

The "Sweet Kale" brand of bagged salad mix at Costco is beyond awesome!  Wonder mix of lettuces & curly kale -- with separate containers of pine nuts & cranberries -- and a very tasty poppyseed dressing. 
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Bonster

Quote from: ~LL~ on April 11, 2014, 07:15:03 PM
Quote from: justme on April 11, 2014, 06:35:27 PM

The "Sweet Kale" brand of bagged salad mix at Costco is beyond awesome!  Wonder mix of lettuces & curly kale -- with separate containers of pine nuts & cranberries -- and a very tasty poppyseed dressing.

I'm going to look for that!  thanks for the tip!
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

~LL~

Quote from: B o n s t e r on April 12, 2014, 12:01:20 PM
\
The "Sweet Kale" brand of bagged salad mix at Costco is beyond awesome!  Wonderful mix of lettuces & curly kale -- with separate containers of pine nuts & cranberries -- and a very tasty poppyseed dressing.

I'm going to look for that!  thanks for the tip!
[/quote]

Its in that "cold room" with the veggies -- near where ever they put the lettuces, etc.  It truly is excellent.  Hope you enjoy...
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

scottymac

You know, it pisses the f out of me that the current administration gets no flak from our media about $4 gallon gas. Shit, when Bush was running things, every day there was a story about gas prices when the went over $2 a gallon. If Obama really wants to fix things, get gas prices to a reasonable level. That's what's still crushing our economy. A fucking pizza is $30 and we all know why.

Ted

Gas prices have been going up and up and up since the 1960s.   I remember back in the 60s, my mom was able to fill up the car with gas for only $2.  I also remember the long lines in the 1970s when the oil cartel was formed.

Since isn't something particular to this year. 

mustang54

Quote from: scottymac on April 13, 2014, 06:35:09 AM
You know, it pisses the f out of me that the current administration gets no flak from our media about $4 gallon gas. Shit, when Bush was running things, every day there was a story about gas prices when the went over $2 a gallon. If Obama really wants to fix things, get gas prices to a reasonable level. That's what's still crushing our economy. A fucking pizza is $30 and we all know why.
Two reseons for the pass from the media. 1. They fear he and his cronies will play the race card against them. and 2. A few media bigshots have family who have been given jobs at the White House. It's Illinois style politics at its best!!

buzz

You know, it pisses the f out of me that the current administration gets no flak from our media about $4 gallon gas.
Me too.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

markberwyn

Quote from: mustang54 on April 13, 2014, 09:14:22 AM
Two reseons for the pass from the media. 1. They fear he and his cronies will play the race card against them. and 2. A few media bigshots have family who have been given jobs at the White House. It's Illinois style politics at its best!!

1. Horseshit. 2. Double horseshit. You're making things up again.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

mustang54

Quote from: markberwyn on April 13, 2014, 01:29:09 PM

You may think its horseshit because your a partisan pinhead in denial but none of it is bullshit. I don't make things up.

CBS News President David Rhodes and ABC News President Ben Sherwood, both of them have siblings that not only work at the White House, that not only work for President Obama, but they work at the NSC on foreign policy issues directly related to Benghazi."

markberwyn

Quote from: mustang54 on April 13, 2014, 05:11:37 PM
Quote from: markberwyn on April 13, 2014, 01:29:09 PM

You may think its horseshit because your a partisan pinhead in denial but none of it is bullshit. I don't make things up.

I have no doubt that you believe these things are true. But you will never trouble yourself to verify it as actual fact. If you believe these things to be actual facts, then you are a fool.

You're a liar, and none of your knee-jerk insults counter that.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

markberwyn

Please use this space to list all the very important facts about Benghazi that the "MSM" has failed to report.

markberwyn

mustang54

I'm a liar, your a partisan fool! I have sources you could NEVER have and ask ANYONE who knows me 1. I never lie and 2. I NEVER type anything on this site without verified info. I don't expect you  to understand because I'm quite sure someone like you has no freinds that tell you things. I have freinds who tell me a whole lot of info about what goes on some I discuss here and a lot more I don't.
  I just added the CBS and ABC info while you were posting so I did your homework for you. And don't ever call me a liar, EVER.  Now quit trolling this site looking to piss people off and go out in the streets of Washington D.C and try and find a real life. I know its hard for those who are legends in their own mind but give it a try.

markberwyn

Quote from: mustang54 on April 13, 2014, 05:29:13 PM
  I'm a liar, your a partisan fool! I have sources you could NEVER have and ask ANYONE who knows me 1. I never lie and 2. I NEVER type anything on this site without verified info.

Sources! Sources on Benghazi! So many sources on Benghazi you have! And none that you could share, because your sources on Benghazi are so very important! Benghazi!

I don't know how you persuaded yourself that a) It's somehow out of the ordinary for people who've worked in journalism to take jobs in government PR, and b) that this all plays into some vast Obama-stoked conspiracy to benight the American people. But you're a damn fool for thinking that any of this is new or interesting.

Again: What information is being withheld from the American public because of this conspiracy you perceive? Past history tells me you won't answer. Let me tell you why you won't answer: Because you don't know what you're talking about. You've heard some right-wing blithering and proceeded to make up some conspiracy theory to comfort yourself because the world changed on you while you weren't looking and the president is doing things you don't like and understand. You're a sad, lying man. Does your family see how you behave here, insulting people and talking about Benghazi? (Benghazi!)

Quote from: mustang54 on April 13, 2014, 05:29:13 PM
I have freinds who tell me a whole lot of info about what goes on some I discuss here and a lot more I don't.

Friends! Friends with information about Benghazi! Benghazi!

Quote from: mustang54 on April 13, 2014, 05:29:13 PMAnd don't ever call me a liar, EVER.

Let me try this again: You're a liar. Cutting and pasting from Newsmax doesn't make you an informed citizen. Indeed, I'd argue it makes you pretty much the opposite. In slinging this crap around like you actually know what you're talking about, you're lying. You're a liar.

mustang54

There you go again twisting a post by someone else. Where did I say my freinds even mentioned the word Benghazi? They told me about the media execs family members getting jobs from Obama. Are you saying those people are not working for the Obama administration? And don't pull your usual shit ANSWER the question. And the only crap slinger around here is YOU. Done with you not playing your mind game.

markberwyn

Quote from: mustang54 on April 13, 2014, 05:44:32 PM
  They told me about the media execs family members getting jobs from Obama. Are you saying those people are not working for the Obama administration?

I haven't verified that it's true. Right-wing propaganda sites say it's true. Let's say it's true. What of it? You were arguing that there is somehow some kind of chill on reporting important information because of this. What information is being suppressed because of this, mustang? If you don't have an answer, you're being a fool manipulated by your "sources."