News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Spring Clean Up

Started by berwyn senator, April 26, 2014, 04:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

Years ago Berwyn would have a spring clean up,properties,alleys,etc.residents could throw out all there accumulated stuff.The alleys were swept,lawns raked,the town looked real nice afterward.

Ted

Berwyn still does have a clean up day each year in the spring.

berwyn senator

I am out of town quite a lot in the spring,but I don't remember being notified in the past years.

dukesdad

It has been well publicized for years. It's really not right though that they (?) don't notify you personally.

Sandy

The clean up they do now is not the same type. He is talking about the one where you could get rid of any junk without penalty. The garbage company would pick it all up.
"Modern cynics and skeptics see no harm in paying those to whom they entrust the minds of their children a smaller wage than is paid to those to whom they entrust the care of their plumbing."
John F. Kennedy

berwyn senator

The Town sends out information about {farmers Markets} and many other things.So why not use the water bills? I don't have to worry my property,but some of the others OMG! A perfect time to empty the garages and make room for two cars that have been out on the street! Maybe I just have not been paying attention,or I just haven't noticed the difference.

berwyn senator

Every resident in Berwyn should take pride in their property,keeping the place clean all year long.The crap I see,Holy Schmoly!!! Garages falling down,junk cars in the back yards,fences falling and in pieces.Dog shit from years past,the dogs are gone.Wood in place of windows,peeling paint,broken glass,I need a cold one I am getting sick thinking about the blight!!!

justme

Quote from: berwyn senator on April 27, 2014, 08:44:51 PM
Every resident in Berwyn should take pride in their property,keeping the place clean all year long.The crap I see,Holy Schmoly!!! Garages falling down,junk cars in the back yards,fences falling and in pieces.Dog shit from years past,the dogs are gone.Wood in place of windows,peeling paint,broken glass,I need a cold one I am getting sick thinking about the blight!!!

Tell me about it. Parts of this city looks like the ghetto. But I go back to what I said before: city employees don't live here (and some are created positions because of friendships and favors anyway )so they don't care what it looks like here. And the city lets people get away with this shit so of course no one is going to be concerned of consequences. I can't tell you how many times I have called and reported online a certain property and nothing has been done in well over a year. Oh but you should see how good the owners take care of their cars: they wash them almost every weekend inside and out, spot clean them almost daily, etc. and yet they still haven't raked their leaves from last fall and the garage looks like it is ready to collapse.

But yeah walk around the city and you see how filthy it is. No one cares.

berwyn senator

I do walk and report many of the blighted properties,I am talking about the ones with severe structural problems.I cannot understand why they are not corrected? One property has had the front screen door holding up the awning for over five years.Another,a small car is hidden in the back yard along side the garage,all covered with boards to hide the thing.I don't care about the weeds or longer grass that can be corrected easily,long term don't know. Lets start with the worst of the homes and work our way down the ladder.When I was a kid I remember one house that was not cared for as the rest of the homes,the family was poor and did their best.Only one house compared to today,what are we afraid of? All city employees should be required to live in Berwyn!!!!!!!!!