News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Costco Outlots

Started by jfrickind, April 28, 2014, 08:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfrickind

I noticed that the Costco outlets have a fence around them and some work is going on.  Anyone have an inside scoop of what's going in there?

JD

Ted

JD, here is an article in the Riverside newspaper. 

http://mobile.rblandmark.com/News/Articles/11-26-2013/Red-Robin-a-done-deal-at-26th-and-Harlem/

Rumors are:

1. Red Robin
2. Longhorn Steakhouse
3. Red Lobster
4. Starbucks
5. Potbelly
6. Noodles & Company

justme

I wish they would a Panera or Corner Bakery.

mustang54

Someone told me this morning they are building a bank by Costco and thats why the fence is up.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: Ted on April 28, 2014, 11:29:18 AM

JD, here is an article in the Riverside newspaper. 

http://mobile.rblandmark.com/News/Articles/11-26-2013/Red-Robin-a-done-deal-at-26th-and-Harlem/

Rumors are:

1. Red Robin
2. Longhorn Steakhouse
3. Red Lobster
4. Starbucks
5. Potbelly
6. Noodles & Company
I would be much happier with any of the above (or Panera) than another bank.

~LL~

If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

dukesdad

I wouldn't mind a bank with an easy in and out ATM.

Bonster

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bonster

I loved Corner Bakery circa 1999.  They're still good, but I don't think nearly as good as they used to be.  Still better than anything around here, of course, but I doubt they'd bother.

J'sMom

The article described some rather disappointing potential tenants. Another mattress store? Another chain hair salon? Another cell phone store? Blah. The development certainly does not set itself apart from established offerings nearby.

berwyn senator

How about a White Castle!!!!

dukesdad

QuoteHow about a White Castle!!!!

What a great idea! I was hoping for a Mexican restaurant, but you're right, no White Castles around anywhere close.

Good Time Charlie

Quote from: J'sMom on April 30, 2014, 10:04:43 AM
The article described some rather disappointing potential tenants. Another mattress store? Another chain hair salon? Another cell phone store? Blah. The development certainly does not set itself apart from established offerings nearby.

They'll probably do what will make the money, not nice things that you'll go to once a year!

justme

When I went to Meijer, I did see the sign on Red Shoe's former location that they were moving...so instead of staying in Berwyn they went to NR. Nice.

And yeah the selection  that is slated to go in the out lots sounds like what is over by Panda Express: a hair cuttery,etc, But then again if you look at the clientele and the area, unfortunately that is all that is bound to come here.

I wonder if Fifth Third  Bank will go there. Last I had heard the city bought that block so Fifth Third, Berwyn Western,etc are all slated to be gone. Of course who knows...

sgrmag7

The outlots at Costco are getting a Starbucks and a Red Robin.

The MacNeal building near Olive Garden was supposed to get a Red Lobster but that isn't happening. 

I also heard a rumor of a steakhouse chain (can't remember which one) is snooping around some of those properties!!

justme

Quote from: sgrmag7 on May 01, 2014, 02:56:17 PM
The outlots at Costco are getting a Starbucks and a Red Robin.

The MacNeal building near Olive Garden was supposed to get a Red Lobster but that isn't happening. 

I also heard a rumor of a steakhouse chain (can't remember which one) is snooping around some of those properties!!

Starbucks was looking to go in Berwyn somewhere around the plaza awhile back so I guess they decided on NR. Makes sense, that is a busy intersection.

Longhorn Steakhouse is supposed to go either in the mall outlot or may go next to OG since RL is out

dualref

Isn't there a White Castle on Harlem & Ogden, just a few miles south?

Bonster

Quote from: dualref on May 04, 2014, 09:50:49 PM
yeah, but wrong side of the tracks.  :)

Gaetane

Quote from: B o n s t e r on May 04, 2014, 10:23:33 PM
Quote from: dualref on May 04, 2014, 09:50:49 PM
yeah, but wrong side of the tracks.  :)

Depends on how you look at it :)