7/14/09 Council Update

Started by OakParkSpartan, July 15, 2009, 04:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakParkSpartan

There was an item on the agenda regarding a Sargeant's grievance.  Ald. Skrydmarks recused herself from voting.

Guess who got a promotion with back pay to 2006?

The ONLY person to vote against this was Third Ward Alderman Marge Paul.

And there is the payback for supporting the mayor.

Let's just call it an incompetency tax.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

MOMAS2

Like I have always said, Skryd is in it for Skryd.  Anyone who doesn't vote her out of office next election should have their heads examined and Tom is a real turd.

NYWREB

I think the people that didn't vote to keep her out of office THIS election need their head examined...

MOMAS2

You are all really amazing.  What else did you expect from the DCOB.  Say what you want about Phelan and Erickson but they had YOUR best interests in mind and all you did for four years was trash them.  You all deserve whatever you get.

Ana

Yes, WE all deserve the government we have.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

MOMAS2

Yes you do.  Phelan and Erickson were the only true reformers this city has ever had and all you did was trash them.  You see the thing is, no one was able to control or manipulate either of them because they didn't need anything from anyone.  That is what made them very dangerous to O'Connor at the time.  Best of luck to you all.  Your going to need it with some of the turds you have on your city council.

NYWREB

I think you may be mistaken... I know a few people on here, grew to respect Erickson for his ideas - especially the city manager type of government proposal he put forth.

Phelan - well, he just served up so much fodder, how could you NOT ridicule the guy?

n01_important

Stupid fuck