Small Poodle found in alley (3600 area of Gunderson and Elmwood alley)

Started by 2beagles, July 05, 2012, 05:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2beagles

I came home today and found a very tired, very worn out dog in our alley today. He looks like he has been on the loose for some time now. VERY thin and very dirty. He would not drink water. It was suggested that I take him to Waggin Tails in Cicero (no kill)...He is such a sweet and calm dog. He is not chipped....I hope he finds his home, or a wonderful new home if possible!!

psychomom

I volunteer for Animal Care League:

www.animalcareleague.org

they are closed for the evening.

Did you try Berwyn Animal Control?

What a cutie.
"He who opens a school door closes a prison"

Victor Hugo

2beagles

the CSO for animal control was out on calls when I found him, I have no doubt he was dehydrated, and not drinking worried me, so when I heard the suggestion of waggin tails I took him there...he was such a good little guy in the car

thank you for the info for the care league as well!

psychomom

He's just so cute.......my kids and I want a dog....just trying to convince my hubby. ...may have to follow up on this one!
"He who opens a school door closes a prison"

Victor Hugo

~LL~

Quote from: psychomom on July 06, 2012, 05:55:02 AM
He's just so cute.......my kids and I want a dog....just trying to convince my hubby. ...may have to follow up on this one!

I hope you do and I hope you act fast/now - because I'm sorry to say that little dog is pretty much doomed to be doggy heaven very soon.  Waggin' Tails is NOT the no-kill shelter they advertise to be -- and were to have been on promise of Mr. Dominick.  The so-called 'shelter''s director recently obtained a licence to euthanize -- claiming such will be done to animals "too sick/injured" to be adopted.  The euthanization is apparently at her discretion -- and, last I heard, she does not hold a veterinary licence.  Furthermore, she has stated publicly that she, "hates cats."  I will be praying for this sweet pup - but I'd say his chances are slim to none at Waggin' Tails.  Check it out for yourself.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

2beagles

WHEW!!  his owner came for him!

I did ask about the no-kill status of the shelter while I was on the phone...they did say that the do not euthanize for space (but it breaks my heart IF they do for illness or injury)

I wish I could take them all home!

~LL~

Quote from: 2beagles on July 06, 2012, 03:31:48 PM
WHEW!!  his owner came for him!

I did ask about the no-kill status of the shelter while I was on the phone...they did say that the do not euthanize for space (but it breaks my heart IF they do for illness or injury)

I wish I could take them all home!

Seriously -- his owner claimed him??? Geeze I hope they take better care of him and keep an eye on him.  But, knowing these critters can make a quick get away no matter how careful are the owners -- I am happy the lil guy is back in a home and hopefully will get looked at by a vet.  BTW -- how did you find out the owner claimed him?

Bonster

Quote from: ~LL~ on July 06, 2012, 05:58:13 PM
Seriously -- his owner claimed him??? Geeze I hope they take better care of him and keep an eye on him. 

+732!
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

mustang54

Quote from: ~LL~ on July 06, 2012, 11:26:58 AM
Quote from: psychomom on July 06, 2012, 05:55:02 AM

I hope you do and I hope you act fast/now - because I'm sorry to say that little dog is pretty much doomed to be doggy heaven very soon.  Waggin' Tails is NOT the no-kill shelter they advertise to be -- and were to have been on promise of Mr. Dominick.  The so-called 'shelter''s director recently obtained a licence to euthanize -- claiming such will be done to animals "too sick/injured" to be adopted.  The euthanization is apparently at her discretion -- and, last I heard, she does not hold a veterinary licence.  Furthermore, she has stated publicly that she, "hates cats."  I will be praying for this sweet pup - but I'd say his chances are slim to none at Waggin' Tails.  Check it out for yourself.
Well what do you know a happy ending after all. What happened to the slim to none chance? Do you know how many animals they have actually euthanized? If so please tell us. If not don't make public accusations.
Like sick humans not all animals can be saved. Unlike humans their suffering can be put to an end.

2beagles

I left my number (and asked if i could call and check on him) when I dropped him off...and then called today to see if he was ok...

~LL~

Quote from: 2beagles on July 06, 2012, 09:17:47 PM
I left my number (and asked if i could call and check on him) when I dropped him off...and then called today to see if he was ok...

nice