News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Get Grandpa's FBI File!

Started by A.Malina, July 10, 2007, 05:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.Malina

"I have never killed a man but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

apatriot

you should be very cautious using a website such as this.  Surprised at you FLY

MRS. NORTHSIDER

But let's not forget the FBI does make mistakes - back in the 60's the FBI came to our 3-flat in Chicago looking for my dad's first cousin who basically had the same name as my dad-the only difference was that they had a different middle name-but it started with the same letter-they thought my dad was him.  Interestingly enough, the president of Harley-Davidson right now has my dads exact name - their monogram would be the same but I'm sure their middle names are different.  We were just on vacation last week in Northern Wisconsin and came across a mountain with my maiden name on it.  I guess this could be an interesting genealogy project.

A.Malina

it looked amusing.  Is it a secret plot to steal one's identity, or what are you saying?
"I have never killed a man but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: A.Malina on July 11, 2007, 06:38:32 PM
it looked amusing.  Is it a secret plot to steal one's identity, or what are you saying?
Actually I do think I will access this website based on my previous post-it could be very interesting-especially considering my dad is gone now-I wonder what interesting tidbits I'll find!

apatriot

Fly, identify theft is at an all time high.  People wanna go on and give personal information go right ahead.  Nobody is stopping you.  It's just something I wouldn't do nor would I recommend.

berwynson

Quote from: apatriot on July 11, 2007, 07:16:52 PM
Fly, identify theft is at an all time high.  People wanna go on and give personal information go right ahead.  Nobody is stopping you.  It's just something I wouldn't do nor would I recommend.

Right on! Berwynson

Bonster

Quote from: berwynson on July 11, 2007, 07:30:43 PM

Right on! Berwynson

Right on cuz you agree with him, or right on cuz you're hiding something?   :666:
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

berwynson

Quote from: Bonster on July 11, 2007, 07:37:50 PM
Quote from: berwynson on July 11, 2007, 07:30:43 PM

Right on! Berwynson

Right on cuz you agree with him, or right on cuz you're hiding something?   :666:

OK, you got me! Honest to the core, I AM hiding something, but only Apat could tell you what it might be! I shall not spew forth my secrets. Berwynson

apatriot

well I'll tell ya what I do know.  CIA's got a file as thick as a phone book on the Berwynson.  Since we keep no secrets here at the BTF (  ::) ), CIA has been trying to track him down.  With his renown knowledge of chemistry, he has somehow managed to invent this dust that when sprinkled over the head of an individual within seconds turns them into a Republican.

So Berwynson, how's the work on that crop dusting plane you just bought?  You said it needed a little work ?  I've got the answer my friend.  Bardahl.  As you well know, OIL is the life blood of every engine.

A.Malina

ok, I will just assume you got that I thought it was funny -- had funny pictures, you know?  -- and was good for a laugh for a couple of seconds.  As long as I haven't awakened some conspiracy theory or latent paranoia, I am content.

grassy knoll:

Bear

Bardahl...That reminds me of Mike and Stella who owned the Sinclair station on Ogden, just east
of Ridgeland, "Mike & Sons". Going for gas there was a one hour event when I was a kid.

Stella worked the pumps, this is when people pumped the gas for you. She always wore a bandana
and a mechanic jump suit. She was the living being of Rosie the riviter from the WWII propaganda
posters. Her husband Mike would be under a car in one of the bays and stop his work to come out to say hello and talk, sporting his BARDAHL pill cap.

Good memories. And two of the most intelligent people I met in life as a child.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

berwynson

Quote from: apatriot on July 11, 2007, 08:33:53 PM
well I'll tell ya what I do know.  CIA's got a file as thick as a phone book on the Berwynson.  Since we keep no secrets here at the BTF (  ::) ), CIA has been trying to track him down.  With his renown knowledge of chemistry, he has somehow managed to invent this dust that when sprinkled over the head of an individual within seconds turns them into a Republican.

So Berwynson, how's the work on that crop dusting plane you just bought?  You said it needed a little work ?  I've got the answer my friend.  Bardahl.  As you well know, OIL is the life blood of every engine.

And I thought I could trust you! You went and gave it away! Now I'll have to remain in hiding another 30 years! Let's see: sixty-five and thirty......................nuts!

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

Quote from: Bear on July 11, 2007, 10:07:45 PM
Bardahl...That reminds me of Mike and Stella who owned the Sinclair station on Ogden, just east
of Ridgeland, "Mike & Sons". Going for gas there was a one hour event when I was a kid.

Stella worked the pumps, this is when people pumped the gas for you. She always wore a bandana
and a mechanic jump suit. She was the living being of Rosie the riviter from the WWII propaganda
posters. Her husband Mike would be under a car in one of the bays and stop his work to come out to say hello and talk, sporting his BARDAHL pill cap.

Good memories. And two of the most intelligent people I met in life as a child.

Ok Bear, here's one for you-who owned Mike and Sons after Mike?
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted