News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Salernos on Grove

Started by LindaB, February 10, 2008, 08:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thor

Quote from: Bonster on February 10, 2008, 04:02:34 PM

At least when Casciani's moved from 16th St (?)  they kept a good quality pizza.  Not kidding.

NO they Didn't! Their pizza sucked after they moved off of 16th St.
Stop your whining and think the way I do

Bonster

Yes, they did. 
I just had it last week and it was kickass.
MUCH better than Salerno's on Grove, that's for damn sure!

Mustang54, a long time Cicero guy agrees:

Quote from: mustang54 on August 05, 2006, 02:39:06 PM
Casciani's on Joliet rode in Hodgkins is very good. Great sausage much better than Villa Nova.

not sure if I agree with him on the snausage part, though.

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Crunchie

Bonster

Casciani's - East & Joliet Rd., Countryside

Damn good ice, as well.

Hogzilla

Had a beef there one afternoon. Was quite good. Liked the place a lot.
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

scoon

Quote from: Hogzilla on February 10, 2008, 01:44:08 PM
I really don't think there will be the problems like the Windsor has. Gay bars don't really attract that element.

Exactly right Hogzilla...  They've been doing this for a couple of months now.  One hit in the police blotter is pretty good.  The Gays aren't going to be starting a knife fight over someone wearing the wrong colors.  (Unless they're out of season.)

And really people...  if you couldn't tell that this was a gay club after looking at the website you need to get out of Berwyn a little more.  Hell, you need to get out IN Berwyn a little more...  anyone who has been knew about this months ago.

Bonster

Not that this place is going to cause trouble, but.............
You guys haven't been OUT if you've never seen a fight at a gay bar or between gays for that matter!

Crunchie

Yeah, those big purses can be deadly.

Bonster

Hogzilla

Quote from: scoon on February 11, 2008, 02:53:31 PM
I really don't think there will be the problems like the Windsor has. Gay bars don't really attract that element.

Exactly right Hogzilla...  They've been doing this for a couple of months now.  One hit in the police blotter is pretty good.  The Gays aren't going to be starting a knife fight over someone wearing the wrong colors.  (Unless they're out of season.)

And really people...  if you couldn't tell that this was a gay club after looking at the website you need to get out of Berwyn a little more.  Hell, you need to get out IN Berwyn a little more...  anyone who has been knew about this months ago.

"The Gays aren't going to be starting a knife fight over someone wearing the wrong colors.  (Unless they're out of season.)" That's greatness, I had to quote you. Wonderful!
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

scoon

tgoddess

"Hooker's a good cop!" - Crow T. Robot
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Bonster

Quote from: Hogzilla on February 11, 2008, 03:54:26 PM
Quote from: scoon on February 11, 2008, 02:53:31 PM

"The Gays aren't going to be starting a knife fight over someone wearing the wrong colors.  (Unless they're out of season.)" That's greatness, I had to quote you. Wonderful!

There's a place for quotes, Hogzilla, come on.  It will be long forgotten here.
http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?board=32.0

seebee

Salernos on Grove food:
Have had the egplant parm. Not bad. Actually, it was pretty decent.
Too bad I tried the mussels in marinara as an app.
Frozen mussels should be outlawed. Joking aside, I think restos should be required to mention which seafoods are purchased frozen.
Frozen shrimp = usually ok
Frozen fish = can be ok when frozen and thawed correctly
Frozen mussels = just plain wrong. They do not recover as well as other seafood items. One bite and you can tell if a mussel was frozen. Nowhere remotely close to as delicate as fresh ones.

scoon

I'm still not sure why anyone would want to eat there given the rat problems they refuse to pay the exterminator to take care of.

Boris

Quote from: seebee on February 13, 2008, 10:29:48 AM
Salernos on Grove food:
Frozen mussels should be outlawed. Joking aside, I think restos should be required to mention which seafoods are purchased frozen.
Frozen mussels = just plain wrong. They do not recover as well as other seafood items. One bite and you can tell if a mussel was frozen. Nowhere remotely close to as delicate as fresh ones.

ALL seafood in grocery stores and restaurants in the midwest is frozen. Everything. All of it. Always. Anything sold as "fresh" has been previously frozen and thawed by the grocer.
Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

dukesdad

QuoteALL seafood in grocery stores and restaurants in the midwest is frozen

Not mussels, clams and oysters. The don't freeze well at all. Mussels and clams should be alive when you cook them.

Boris

Quote from: dukesdad on February 13, 2008, 10:49:05 AM
QuoteALL seafood in grocery stores and restaurants in the midwest is frozen

Not mussels, clams and oysters. The don't freeze well at all. Mussels and clams should be alive when you cook them.

Whoops! you are correct...I stand corrected.
Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

Hogzilla

Quote from: seebee on February 13, 2008, 10:29:48 AM
Salernos on Grove food:

I had the linguini and clams in red sauce the one and only time I went. I've had better clam sauce from a can. In fact, it tasted like canned clams to me.

Berwyn Patsy

I am with you on that one Scoon!  "why would anyone want to eat there given the rat problems they refuse to pay the exterminators to take care of ".  I thought I noticed a new screen door on the alley side, like that will help keep the rodents at
a distance!