News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

HYDRANGEAS

Started by Ana, October 18, 2008, 06:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ana

We have had a string of car break-ins in the last couple of weeks maybe a month, a few just last week.  Naturally, I am in a state of alert.  So last night when everyone in the house had turned in for the night and not a creature was stirring, our dog jumps up and starts this crazy barking and menacing growling, I immediately get up, reach for my glasses and look out my window.  I see a figure standing right in front of my hydrangeas (which a blooming beautifully right now, might I add).  I knock hard on my window to scare this person off and she is startled, guiltily hides whatever she has in hand and walks quickly away past the very same window that I was looking through. 

I quickly get my jacket, run out toward her house to see a light being turned off, I ring her doorbell twice, her dog barks and no one answers the door.  I have yet to run into her. Thinking back on this I feel as if I were in an episode of Desperate Housewives (wishful thinking).  I'm in awe, my kids are in awe.  I can't hold a candle to her gardening ??? and as if I would have turned her down had she asked. 

At least she wasn't taking my pumpkins.   :fiveoh:
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Bear

Sounds like a midnight seed raid to me. You think she would have just asked.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

buzz

Quote from: Bear on October 18, 2008, 07:00:25 PM
Yeah.... is this the 1st reported case of de-ranged Hydrangea gardeners in Berwyn ?
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

BerwynBuffy

Quote from: Bear on October 18, 2008, 07:00:25 PM

Most gardeners are happy to share there seeds , all you have to do is ASK
Over Taxed, Over Worked and Under Paid = America!

littlealexa

A co-worker of mine lives in Berwyn and there's a little old lady that steals other gardeners plants.  Some plants were taken from her hanging basket and planters.  She followed the trail of dirt from the hanging basket and it lead to that lady's house.  Lo and behold she saw her plants in their new digs (her yard).  Apparently this lady is known to steal plants from around the neighborhood.

tgoddess

Sounds like the little old lady is a bit "off."
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: tgoddess on October 20, 2008, 04:29:44 PM
Sounds like the little old lady is a bit "off."
Give the little old lady a break.  In terms of crime I can live with that.  Maybe she's just looking for attention.

tgoddess

I thought I WAS giving her a break.  She may just be senile or something.
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Bear

Maybe she smokes them,
she could be a Hydrangea ho.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Ana

Quote from: littlealexa on October 20, 2008, 04:28:50 PM
A co-worker of mine lives in Berwyn and there's a little old lady that steals other gardeners plants.  Some plants were taken from her hanging basket and planters.  She followed the trail of dirt from the hanging basket and it lead to that lady's house.  Lo and behold she saw her plants in their new digs (her yard).  Apparently this lady is known to steal plants from around the neighborhood.

I don't think this is your little old lady, but you never know.  Mine is more of a highly educated middle-aged lady.  I was really upset at first because she scared me but now I just laugh.  I don't have any problem sharing my plants and the thing that kills me is that she thinks I wouldn't share.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby