News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Ask 'Rita

Started by Matryoshka, December 30, 2007, 08:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binchen6

I'd go for the Ouzo first  - Love that stuff  ;D

ScimmiaCattiva

'Rita my dear,

I have a query; How would you suggest to let a coworker know, without being rude, that they smell bad? Everybody agrees that this person smells like rear end but nobody has the cojones to tell him this. I am sure that simply buying him soap/cologne won't help. Must we all ban together and teach this moron how to bathe properly?

Sincerely,
SCat

Crunchie

Are you saying no one has the cojones to tell him about it? ???

Bonster

Quote from: ScimmiaCattiva on February 17, 2008, 11:14:08 AM
'Rita my dear,

I have a query; How would you suggest to let a coworker know, without being rude, that they smell bad? Everybody agrees that this person smells like rear end but nobody has the cojones to tell him this. I am sure that simply buying him soap/cologne won't help. Must we all ban together and teach this moron how to bathe properly?

Sincerely,
SCat

SCat- Feel at ease to fart all around him, and tell all your coworkers the same.  Once Mr. le Pew starts complaining about your personal habits you let him know just how you feel about his.

(unless he likes that sort of thing)
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

apatriot

Cattiva, takes two seconds.

Bud, I want to tell you that you stink.  No, not your personality, your body stinks.  People are complaining.  They are throwing up in the toilets.  I tell you this cause I care and cause I, along with the rest of these people, don't want to smell the stink anymore.  Now what say you?  That should um, clear the air.  Get things on a road to progress.

Matryoshka

Scim - Scim,

Why don't you spritz him with some perfume as you walk by (try to spray his hind quarters)...if he gets upset with that, tell him that your coworkers put you up to it, due to his malodorous aura. That way you can put the blame on others, and he will realize that not only you, but many people have had to endure his putrid stench

ScimmiaCattiva

Many thanks for your suggestions. I shall try the perfume idea and report back to you the results. Wish me luck that this Mr. Smelly does not bop me over the head while I carry out this task.

Sincerely,
SCat

Bear

Go to someplace like Wally World and buy the most rank perfume you can find

- Pepe LePue
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

ScimmiaCattiva

Well Rita, I think I need a new suggestion, for it was unsuccessful. My coworker realised that he smells but he now covers his smell with cologne. So we all smell his bad smell, along with his bad cologne. I dread having to sit in a chair which he has just gotten up from. What to do now?

OakParkSpartan

Email him a link to this thread?
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Ted

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on April 06, 2008, 09:05:58 PM

I noticed a trend among younger kids we hire out of college who will text me or IM me a question even though they may sit near me.

When I work downtown, there are two people (one man and one woman) who sit in front of me (less than 5 feet away) who will IM me a question rather than just turning aournd and asking me.

My nieces and nephews do the same thing.  The may be sitting in different rooms in the house and they will text each other rather than going to the other room.

Whatever happened to yelling upstairs at the top of your voice?  <LOL>

Ted

ScimmiaCattiva

Mr Oak Park:

Thank you. I email him this link ( but from not my email address) and I said that his coworkers all think he needs to practise better hygiene. Since then he has been smelling better. Now he just need to brush his teeth.

Felix Greco

Quote from: Ted on April 07, 2008, 06:30:50 AM
Quote from: OakParkSpartan on April 06, 2008, 09:05:58 PM

I noticed a trend among younger kids we hire out of college who will text me or IM me a question even though they may sit near me.

When I work downtown, there are two people (one man and one woman) who sit in front of me (less than 5 feet away) who will IM me a question rather than just turning aournd and asking me.

My nieces and nephews do the same thing.  The may be sitting in different rooms in the house and they will text each other rather than going to the other room.

Whatever happened to yelling upstairs at the top of your voice?  <LOL>

Ted

Could it be we have  a very lazy society?  In time, perhaps by not using our vocal chords anymore, we will just stop verbally communicating.
All of us might wish at times that we lived in a more tranquil world, but we don't. And if our times are difficult and perplexing, so are they challenging and filled with opportunity. ---Robert Kennedy

berwynson

Why in the world did this thread just come up today as "unread"; perhaps my computer?? To think of all the opportunities I've missed over 3+ months to get my most intimate and tumescent questions answered- legally, yet!

All of the mentally superior contributors, whose active and remarkable help has gone unread.

All of the seamy, sexually delinquent, divisive, and morally questionable detail wasted!

But finally the good word: What goes around, comes around, and BT has finally whirled it's way into perpetuity. Like the graves at Woodlawn.

Good Job, Rita!!  Berwynson

Matryoshka

Quote from: Felix Greco on April 21, 2008, 03:07:02 PM
Could it be we have  a very lazy society?  In time, perhaps by not using our vocal chords anymore, we will just stop verbally communicating.

Well Felix, perhaps no verbal communication is better than talking to yourself...and responding to yourself ;) - it could be very quiet and peaceful

ZORBA

Talking to yourself is not bad, according to some. In fact, its healthy.

It's when you start answering yourself that you should start looking out for the people in the white suits.

Matryoshka

Quote from: SILK on April 21, 2008, 11:02:09 PM
Talking to yourself is not bad, according to some. In fact, its healthy.

It's when you start answering yourself that you should start looking out for the people in the white suits.

That's actually what I meant  ;D