News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Bungalow pics

Started by Port Meadow, January 11, 2006, 12:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.Malina

Quote from: 'Rita on April 27, 2007, 11:17:42 AM

And there were no disposable diapers...nowadays even babies are wrapped in plastic
LOL!
"I have never killed a man but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

MRS. NORTHSIDER

I remember when I was growing up my mom used to use those big brown paper bags that your groceries came in for our garbage and when it was full you took it out to the big 55 gallon drum in the alley.  Even with the heavy duty recycling that I do I doubt that one of those bags would last half a day if all 6 of us were home. 

renovatorbear

Quote from: 'Rita
...nowadays even babies are wrapped in plastic

...and their stinky, poop-laden bundles of love are often left at the curbs on our streets.  Would not have happened back in the day.

Man, I always thought those cement receptacles were for burning trash.  I can't imagine how much the job of garbage man must have sucked back then.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Renovator Bear - I still think the life of a garbage man pretty much sucks, especially in the summer what with the heat and the way some people dispose of their garbage (like those stinky diapers on the curbs-that is disgusting!)  I haven't come across those yet and hope I don't!  YUCK!

Ana

I have no pity on waste management garbage men, I wish we had those cement resceptacles now to show them what kind of wimpy babies they really are. . . "you but rocks in your garbage can, it's too heavy, i'm going to hurt my back, no, it doesn't matter that you are 5'2" and you can carry it all the way out here, I'm not taking it. . ."  Waaaaa somebody call a waambulance.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Count DMC

Quote from: Ana on April 27, 2007, 11:18:09 PM
I have no pity on waste management garbage men, I wish we had those cement resceptacles now to show them what kind of wimpy babies they really are. . . "you but rocks in your garbage can, it's too heavy, i'm going to hurt my back, no, it doesn't matter that you are 5'2" and you can carry it all the way out here, I'm not taking it. . ."  Waaaaa somebody call a waambulance.

How would having cement trash receptacles show how wimpy the garbage men are? Those were fixed in place, they were not movable. Typical Berwyn thought process" you do what I say cause you work for me and I am the boss and I pay taxes!!" I hope that this kind of thinking and you people never spread beyond the boundaries of this fetid and feculent city.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

Bonster

fetid and feculent!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!! 
That's why I moved here!

I think Ana's just had some bad experiences with her garbage collection. 
Although - it may be true that the WM guys who work the south are a bit wimpy. 
Up in the great white North they've abandoned their shovels when pickin' up for the hovels, and lift the cement cans by hand.

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bonster

I thought this was a neat bungalow mod I noticed on my OPA walk last week.  Rather than the normal straight cement climbers, at some point the owner had curved stairs put in, with some neatly trimmed evergreens planted for privacy.  Maybe the neighbors were bastards...

Ana

Quote from: Count DMC on April 28, 2007, 08:12:57 AM

How would having cement trash receptacles show how wimpy the garbage men are? Those were fixed in place, they were not movable. Typical Berwyn thought process" you do what I say cause you work for me and I am the boss and I pay taxes!!" I hope that this kind of thinking and you people never spread beyond the boundaries of this fetid and feculent city.

As Bonster, said, I've had my share of probs with WM. . . but I can assure you that I'm not the only one.  BTW, one of my waste baskets has been sitting in the alley for 2 weeks without being emptied.  Why?  No one knows and no one can tell me.  Anyone want to drive by and take a gander and let me know why, WM won't. . .

Bending over and shoveling garbage all day may be a little more difficult than dragging a garbage can with wheels over to the hauler.  And this fetid  ::) and feculent  ::) city is my home for life.   
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Count DMC

Quote from: Ana on April 30, 2007, 09:46:13 PM
Quote from: Count DMC on April 28, 2007, 08:12:57 AM

As Bonster, said, I've had my share of probs with WM. . . but I can assure you that I'm not the only one.  BTW, one of my waste baskets has been sitting in the alley for 2 weeks without being emptied.  Why?  No one knows and no one can tell me.  Anyone want to drive by and take a gander and let me know why, WM won't. . .

Bending over and shoveling garbage all day may be a little more difficult than dragging a garbage can with wheels over to the hauler.  And this fetid  ::) and feculent  ::) city is my home for life.   

Home for life, ok your choice. But a bit short sighted, but then again that is the  Berwyn mindset.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

Ana

It is what it is, my choice, your opinion.  When are you moving?

Count DMC

Quote from: Ana on April 30, 2007, 10:00:28 PM
It is what it is, my choice, your opinion.  When are you moving?

As soon as I find a nice hovel near yours!! :-*

Bonster

I dig it here, but then, again, I'm half a DINK (amongst other nasty things...).  If I had kids nearing Jr. High, well...hmmm.  We'll see what happens. 

I couldn't imagine not having a driveway as a teen.  That's one thing about driveways...all the hot chicks out washin' their cars and

tgoddess

Bonster...

You're gonna get Bear all flustered. ;)
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

renovatorbear

Quote from: Bonster
... with some neatly trimmed evergreens planted for privacy. 

ahhh...gigantic evergreens, the national flower of Berwyn.

But I agree...the curved stairs are an interesting twist.

Joe Sleestak

Hey - Count DMV -  why you gotta come here and crap all over everyone? No one needs your attitude.  I've been a long time lurker here on this board but no more. Why not put the for sale sign on the front lawn of your hovel and head on over to some other suburb where everything is perfect and no one has the typical Berwyn mind set you so despise? Is it because you like the attention you get here?   

Joe Sleestak
Berwyn - Land of the Lost!

Sir Mack

Joe,

Just an guess, but something tells me the Count can actually DRIVE his house to another town.

Joe Sleestak

Yeah, I think it's time for him to pull up those cement blocks, reattach the wheels and hit the road!

http://www.whitetrashworld.com/vtp/

Count DMC

Quote from: Joe Sleestak on May 01, 2007, 01:47:02 PM
Hey - Count DMV -  why you gotta come here and crap all over everyone? No one needs your attitude.  I've been a long time lurker here on this board but no more. Why not put the for sale sign on the front lawn of your hovel and head on over to some other suburb where everything is perfect and no one has the typical Berwyn mind set you so despise? Is it because you like the attention you get here?   

Joe Sleestak

Did you copy that directly from some other noob poster on here? I will give you your moment to bask in telling me off, so you can show everyone where you work how witty you are. If you truly had anything to say and lurked as long as you say you did, you would have shown your mug here before.

You flatter me with the use of the word hovel which I know until you heard me say it and then looked it up online you had no idea what that word meant. Unfortunately for you I am not going anywhere, though buzz about me enough and I will make you my new play toy. And yes you are a typical Berywn dullard, now look that word up too. :-* :-*

Joe Sleestak

Dullard? Wot duz that mean? Gosh - u'r so smart.  Better get out my dickshunary! How duz berwyn run without you in charge?

Oh - and by the way, Count DMZ, I don't have any co-workers to share these fun postings with - I own my own business, jackass -  I have employees and I don't think they'd be interested in what you have to say.

Now, back to the drive thru window with you! The fries I ordered are getting cold!