News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Berwyn Kar-Ka-Bob

Started by pioneer, July 06, 2007, 02:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If it was up to you, would you keep it or junk it

Keep it in the Cermak Plaza
34 (58.6%)
Junk it
11 (19%)
Move it but keep it in Berwyn
9 (15.5%)
Don't care
4 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: July 13, 2007, 02:05:02 PM

tgoddess

Bear,

Nah, that's Koz.  I remember meeting him back in 1981 when I had a total crush on him and he was out doing an appearance at Orland Square Mall.

He signed my repro Creature From the Black Lagoon poster.  I wish I'd gotten a photo like L8N did.
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

L8N

Quote from: Boris on July 11, 2007, 01:36:22 PM
Since the story broke about the Spindle coming down, Berwyn has been front page Tribune and Sun Times. All the TV news programs. So on and so on. This is a godsend of positive PR. There will be a rush of people coming out to be photographed under it before it comes down...if I owned that Plaza, I'd get a hot dog or a beef stand out there NOW!

Do we have a date when it is to be dismantled? We should start a countdown clock and then let people post their pictures taken at the Spindle online.

And on the day it's supposed to come down, we can gather around it holding hands like the Whos in Whoville around their Christmas tree.

And the Grinch, with his grinch-feet ice-cold in the snow,
Stood puzzling and puzzling: "How could it be so?"
"The spindle is rusty! It's covered with poop!"
"It looks like the garbage I put out on my stoop!"
And he puzzled three hours, till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!
"Maybe Berwyn," he thought, "isn't such a bore."
"Maybe Berwyn...perhaps...means a little bit more!"

Fah who foraze!
Dah who doraze!
this is Berwyn,
come this way!
Fah who foraze!
Dah who doraze!
Come and visit
us today!

Mulder: "Fear. It's the oldest tool of power. If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."

tgoddess

To paraphrase Comic Book Guy....

Best. Post. Ever.

"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Artanis1215

Better yet, best fucking post ever!  L8N you are a man of pure genius!

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Thank god for you newbies - you do give me hope!

L8N

Quote from: tgoddess on July 11, 2007, 06:43:32 PM
To paraphrase Comic Book Guy....
Best. Post. Ever.

Quote from: Artanis1215 aka Ole Blue Eyes on July 11, 2007, 06:47:21 PM
Better yet, best fucking post ever!  L8N you are a man of pure genius!

Aw shucks. Thanks.

;D
Mulder: "Fear. It's the oldest tool of power. If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."

binchen6

'All my new Berwyn-Friends do not,
DO NOT give so many compliments to my hubby - I'll NEVER hear the end of it. ;D

tgoddess

Oops!  Sorry, binchen!    :D

Bonster

Quote from: L8N on July 11, 2007, 06:09:50 PM
And if you're curious why I want to get one, here's a picture of me from about 27 years ago.

Damn, you're old.

Quote from: tgoddess on July 11, 2007, 06:25:59 PM
Nah, that's Koz.  I remember meeting him back in 1981 when I had a total crush on him and N did.

Damn, you're old!
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bonster

Quote from: binchen6 on July 11, 2007, 08:07:09 PM
'All my new Berwyn-Friends do not,
DO NOT give so many compliments to my hubby - I'll NEVER hear the end of it. ;D

L8N that rocked!
You may have found a cure for my ADS. 
I know I will pay attention to the Grinch next time it's on - if just for that part! ;D

Bonster

Quote from: Bonster on July 11, 2007, 02:14:31 PM
Quote from: binchen6 on July 11, 2007, 01:32:17 PM

It's all about name recognition and for the record - L8N will actually order one of Svengooly's shirts.
If they weren't only available in L and XL I'd get one myself.  :'(

Have L8N head on up to Horrorbles, Oak Pak Ave & Roosevelt...cool place, they have the shirts in stock, and you can talk to them about a custom sized shirt.

They glow in the dark, so my ol' lady's got another reason to be scared of me at night . . .

Just wanted to mention Horrorbles also carries the "official" rubber chicken used on Svengoolie... ;D
Go!

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Bonster on July 11, 2007, 12:15:45 PM
Tom Benson, president of the Berwyn Development Corp., said $350,000 could be better spent on other projects in town.

"I think that it hasn't served any economic purpose," he said.

Remember folks, the city of Berwyn (TAXPAYERS) is paying for these comments.

Contact your alderman if you disagree (and the mayor).
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

tgoddess

Quote from: Bonster on July 11, 2007, 11:40:49 PM

Quote from: tgoddess on July 11, 2007, 06:25:59 PM
Nah, that's Koz.  I remember meeting him back in 1981 when I had a total crush on him and N did.

Damn, you're old!

Watch it, Bonster.  Or I'll whack you with my walker.

mrs. scoon

Quote from: L8N on July 11, 2007, 06:39:19 PM
Quote from: Boris on July 11, 2007, 01:36:22 PM
Since the story broke about the Spindle coming down, Berwyn has been front page Tribune and Sun Times. All the TV news programs. So on and so on. This is a godsend of positive PR. There will be a rush of people coming out to be photographed under it before it comes down...if I owned that Plaza, I'd get a hot dog or a beef stand out there NOW!

Do we have a date when it is to be dismantled? We should start a countdown clock and then let people post their pictures taken at the Spindle online.

And on the day it's supposed to come down, we can gather around it holding hands like the Whos in Whoville around their Christmas tree.

And the Grinch, with his grinch-feet ice-cold in the snow,
Stood puzzling and puzzling: "How could it be so?"
"The spindle is rusty! It's covered with poop!"
"It looks like the garbage I put out on my stoop!"
And he puzzled three hours, till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!
"Maybe Berwyn," he thought, "isn't such a bore."
"Maybe Berwyn...perhaps...means a little bit more!"

Fah who foraze!
Dah who doraze!
this is Berwyn,
come this way!
Fah who foraze!
Dah who doraze!
Come and visit
us today!

That is too funny!!! 
You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Matryoshka

Quote from: tgoddess on July 11, 2007, 02:23:49 PM
Why do I get this image of Bonster standing out in the Cermak Plaza parking lot with his camera and a hose?

(Yeah, and if that wasn't an easy lob right over in 'Rita's direction, I don't know WHAT is!)

What, the hose comment? You must think I'm obsessed with sexual innuendo-type humor,huh? Well, I'm turning a new leaf...I've gotten into photography and I'm giving up the toilet humor...Here's my latest pic of me in my new T-shirt:   

Boris

Quote from: 'Rita/aka Berwn Scumbag Broad on July 12, 2007, 09:23:46 AM
Why do I get this image of Bonster standing out in the Cermak Plaza parking lot with his camera and a hose?

(Yeah, and if that wasn't an easy lob right over in 'Rita's direction, I don't know WHAT is!)

What, the hose comment? You must think I'm obsessed with sexual innuendo-type humor,huh? Well, I'm turning a new leaf...I've gotten into photography and I'm giving up the toilet humor...Here's my latest pic of me in my new T-shirt:   

HA HA HA HA HAAAA!!!!!!
Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

tgoddess

Goodness, it looks chilly there.  Honey, you need to change your nickname from "Scumbag Broad" to "Real and SPECTACULAR." 

Matryoshka

Quote from: tgoddess on July 12, 2007, 09:31:20 AM

Goodness, it looks chilly there.  Honey, you need to change your nickname from "Scumbag Broad" to "Real and SPECTACULAR." 

'tis a mite chilly in here...perhaps it should be changed to Burrrwyn. I think I need to turn down the a/c and retake the picture...oh how embarrassing...I'm blushing now...gee, I hope no one else notices...

hanan

First post here, so please don't savage me!

I'd hate to see it go... one of the things I liked about Berwyn when we moved here fifteen years back was its quirkiness, its there-ness, its feel of being a real place. I felt lousy about the trashing of the SITE McDonald's at the Cermak Plaza when that happened, and have been saddened by the ongoing lack of maintenance to the art pieces at the Plaza over time. I miss the Good Time Clock being in working order, and even Big Bil-Bored, yep, I miss that as well.

Okay, it's true... I went to art school in Michigan, and it cheers my little snobby heart to see actual art here.

The other thing that's true: I'm actually a native, was born at MacNeal, just lived lots of other places. Now I'm home.
Just go out there and do what you've got to do.
   -Martina Navratilova

OakParkSpartan

Welcome hanan!

A lot of people feel as you do.

Where did you go to school in Michigan?

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato