Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Morton Hiring practices!

Started by berwyn senator, November 17, 2011, 09:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Quote from: Mustang84 on November 25, 2011, 09:14:47 AM

... Worse, I have routinely advocated that while we should demand improvements in our schools, our community etc, we need to try and change things by attending events, doing something positive. I am disappointed that so many on here point to conspiracies, negatives, and attacking people or things within the community all the while wondering why it is not as strong as it could be. Perception is reality and these folks who spew inaccuracies and venom are pushing a negative perception of our city. NO city is perfect, but we have so many positives happening in the city and the schools. ...

Reality is reality.  The reality of the patronage and politics that people see in D201 is not just perception. It is the truth.

As for positives in the schools, that may be happening in the elementary school districts, but I see no improvements in the high school district.  Just the opposite.

watcher

Yes, Mr. Berwyn. I can say I have neither been bought or in debt to anyone. I also think for myself and do not throw big stones (occasionally, I do throw some little shots I admit) but I do not dwell on the negative and I am just trying to point out that all the "information" shared here is not gospel, in fact it is either rumor that starts with some facts then twisted to create a scenario that suits the agenda of the poster.

As for the senator, I was asking for facts to be laid out. You may be blindly a follower, but when someone starts making assertions I like to know where they are based, hopefully in fact rather than the depths of their unhappiness because they had their lunch money taken once at school back in the day, or they did not make the team.

Worse, I have routinely advocated that while we should demand improvements in our schools, our community etc, we need to try and change things by attending events, doing something positive. I am disappointed that so many on here point to conspiracies, negatives, and attacking people or things within the community all the while wondering why it is not as strong as it could be. Perception is reality and these folks who spew inaccuracies and venom are pushing a negative perception of our city. NO city is perfect, but we have so many positives happening in the city and the schools. Yes, some were against Rpauly, but at least he stood for something positive.something to move the city forward. Some opposed with very legit concerns But some just spewed antagonistic crap. That does not solve problems., just muddies the water.
So, go back to politicking for Coach Euk , at least he has contributed to our community.

Well said. I understand the misunderstandings. I sometimes (often) throw boulders at the controlling sects. I do this so that, maybe, they will consider their actions beyond the walls of their bunkers. I applaud Berwyn CARES efforts to spread the good word and enhance opportunities for involvement, but I also ask myself why such efforts have to come external to the existing structures? That, in itself, speaks to the problems endemic to the entrenched, inbred institutions that view "outsiders" as suspect. This isn't a isolated phenomena. No matter what issue is at hand, the splintering begins with those in control causing a proliferation of smaller and smaller groups who feel their concerns are being marginalized and ignored. Efforts to limit "outside influence" tend to occupy too much of the internal thinking. IMO, that speaks to the leadership. Promoting internal harmony is one thing, trying to eliminate or limit input to achieve it just creates more "outsiders".

"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

Bonster

Quote from: Mustang84 on November 25, 2011, 09:14:47 AMattacking people or things within the community all the while wondering why it is not as strong as it could be.
You have that backwards, implying the city is not "as strong as it could be" due to attacking people or things within the community.
People attack "people or things" because the city is not as strong as it could be.

Yes, some were against Rpauly, but at least he stood for something positive. something to move the city forward. Some opposed with very legit concerns But some just spewed antagonistic crap.
Just because YOU say so doesn't make it so. 
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

berwyn senator

May I say again" I don't give a rates ass " I will not be drawn into a confrontation regarding nonsense,I respect everyones thoughts and comments,and opinions.So be it!

OakParkSpartan

Yes, Mr. Berwyn. I can say I have neither been bought or in debt to anyone. I also think for myself and do not throw big stones (occasionally, I do throw some little shots I admit) but I do not dwell on the negative and I am just trying to point out that all the "information" shared here is not gospel, in fact it is either rumor that starts with some facts then twisted to create a scenario that suits the agenda of the poster.

As for the senator, I was asking for facts to be laid out. You may be blindly a follower, but when someone starts making assertions I like to know where they are based, hopefully in fact rather than the depths of their unhappiness because they had their lunch money taken once at school back in the day, or they did not make the team.

Worse, I have routinely advocated that while we should demand improvements in our schools, our community etc, we need to try and change things by attending events, doing something positive. I am disappointed that so many on here point to conspiracies, negatives, and attacking people or things within the community all the while wondering why it is not as strong as it could be. Perception is reality and these folks who spew inaccuracies and venom are pushing a negative perception of our city. NO city is perfect, but we have so many positives happening in the city and the schools. Yes, some were against Rpauly, but at least he stood for something positive.something to move the city forward. Some opposed with very legit concerns But some just spewed antagonistic crap. That does not solve problems., just muddies the water.
So, go back to politicking for Coach Euk , at least he has contributed to our community.

Please go read the articles about our D201 School Board President...then ponder why people don't want to be involved with that bunch.  See if you can figure out that the problem isn't with us, but rather many of our elected officials who don't seem to give a rats ass about the City of Berwyn, but only want to enrich themselves, family members or cronies.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

mr. berwyn

SOMETIMES THE TRUTH IS HARD TOO HEAR, AAAAAAAAH MUSTANG! don't               WORRY COACH EUK WILL GREET YOU AT HEAVENS GATE,IF YOU FOLLOW HIS CHRISTIAN LIFE STYLE OF EDUCATING OUR YOUTH!!!

Bonster

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

douglas

Hello to all, I have not been on Berwyn Forum for a while, but I will try and clear up the situation that occurred between the two Security Guards, they were both on probation when this happened, apparently they did not get along from the day they started, I dont have any reasons why, and not that this mattered, but I will say this anyway, the two Female Security Guards were both Black, so we can eliminate any racial problem, for whatever reason they started arguing in one of the halls and starting fighting, they were broken up, and went to the office and were fired immediately because they were both on probation, then out in the parking lot they started fighting again, not sure if the Police took them in to the station our not. and all departments do background checks, and fingerprinting, along with a drug test before hiring. I hoped this helped answer some Questions.

berwyn senator

Very well said,it's just amazing how issues can be assumed to be more complicated than they really are. The only one that can change the perception of Berwyn is citizen that votes,anyone have the figures on the number of  D201 votes from Cicero and those from Berwyn?               

Ted

Quote from: berwyn senator on November 26, 2011, 11:31:13 AM
Very well said,it's just amazing how issues can be assumed to be more complicated than they really are. The only one that can change the perception of Berwyn is citizen that votes,anyone have the figures on the number of  D201 votes from Cicero and those from Berwyn?               

In terms of percentage of voters, Stickney and Lyons outvoted Berwyn in the 2011 election.

But, in the high school and college race, there were no contested positions.

berwyn senator

Let me make a correction,the only one  that can change the perception of Berwyn is the resident that votes,its been a long weekend.Thanks for the info!

mr. berwyn

thank you, senator and others who discussed this situation!!! JUST VOTE!!!