News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

201 School Board Meeting 10/10/07

Started by Berwyn Patsy, October 10, 2007, 12:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MortonStudent08

I've never heard of that probability/statistics class being an option.  It must be a new course.  Anyways, with it being a core class, I don't think it would be much of a challenge for anyone coming out of an AP Calculus class.

Ted

Quote from: time after time on October 15, 2007, 11:22:04 AM
(I am reposting this again in hopes that it reads correctly within the thread)

Thanks for re-posting Time After TIme.

In looking at the 4 strands, it does not look like Freshmen can start out in Geometry.  I guess that's why it still feels to me that a course is missing somewhere.

Something like Geometry in freshman year; College Algebra/Trig in sophomore year; "Pre-calculus" in junior year; AP Calculus in senior year. 

Ted

java

A couple of posts in this thread mentioned communication.

I see that the district website now has a mechanism for people to subscribe to a newsletter.

It will be interesting to see what kind of subscription rate they get, and what type of content is in the newsletter.

Check it out:  http://www.jsmortonhs.com/
The City of Homers

time after time

Quote from: MortonStudent08 on October 15, 2007, 07:25:42 PM
I've never heard of that probability/statistics class being an option.  It must be a new course.  Anyways, with it being a core class, I don't think it would be much of a challenge for anyone coming out of an AP Calculus class.

AP Calculus is taken Senior year in the Honors Strand B so, no, you wouldn't come out of AP Calculus and take the probability/statistics course (which is in the Core Strand (B) anyway)

Probability/Statistics-Core (West Only)
For: 12 or by Special Assignment
Prerequisite: Advanced Algebra
Students may not take Probability/Statistics if they have credit in College Algebra and Trigonometry. (A "B" or better in Advanced Algebra is highly recommended for success in this course.)

Ted

Quote from: java on October 15, 2007, 09:08:43 PM
A couple of posts in this thread mentioned communication.

I see that the district website now has a mechanism for people to subscribe to a newsletter.

It will be interesting to see what kind of subscription rate they get, and what type of content is in the newsletter.

Check it out:  http://www.jsmortonhs.com/

I hope the district continues to send out a newsletter to all residents which has objective information in it about the district and informs the people what is going on.  It's a dirty shame what the district did to the last newsletter.

Not all people will know about the website where as a newsletter they get in the email would be useful if it was informative.