2nd Annual BerwynCARES Kids Concert - November 10th!!

Started by java, October 26, 2007, 11:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

java

The 2nd Annual BerwynCARES Kids Concert will be on Saturday, November 10th at 3:00 pm at Fitzgerald's Nightclub.  Tickets are only $5!!  This year's lineup includes the Boogers and Mr. Matt and Joe the Show, all Berwyn residents with years of experience in the music industry.  We are thrilled to hear these serious rockers perform some classic kids' favorites.  The kids will be rockin' ...and so will YOU!!

You can purchase tickets online at www.BerwynCARES.org or you can go to Over the Rainbow Ice Cream Shop (6836 Windsor, Berwyn).

After the show, there will be some family-friendly appetizer specials provided by Wishbone at the Sidebar.

Visit the BerwynCARES blog to view a video of last year's Boogers performance:  http://berwyncares-blog.blogspot.com/

We are looking for volunteers and hope you can help.  Community participation is important to ensure a successful event. 
100% of proceeds will go to directly to the school districts in the form of mini-grants for Berwyn teachers. 

Please, consider helping in any of the following ways:
- Commit to selling at least 10 tickets for the concert
- Pass out 4x6 postcards to trick-or-treators on Halloween
- Distribute flyers to area businesses in the western suburbs
- BUY TICKETS!!

Contact Shelley Titzer at titzers@yahoo.com  asap if you are able to volunteer in anyway.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!!
The City of Homers

Juliet

BUMP!  Today's the day for the benefit concert.  Hope to see you there.
Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.   Proverbs 22:6

Berwyn Patsy

What a good feeling to see only another positive statement about CARES. What a great organization for Berwyn's teachers and kids!   If it sounds like I'm bragging, well yes I am.

chandasz

Thanks for a great show! My 3 1/2 year old was in heaven and my 1 year old loved it too. What a total kick. PLUS we won a prize in the raffle. I have never won anything before in my life!

When's the next one?

Juliet

That was a lot of fun!  I'm ready for my nap, now.  The entertainment was wonderful, and the kids had such a great time.  Their parents were smiling, and people were more than generous in their purchasing of the raffle tickets.  Congrats to those who won the Wishbone gift certificate, the OTR Birthday party, the CARES Tshirts and the bike!  Those who donated those items gave such nice prizes, and the purchasers were happy to donate to the CARES cause.

I'd like to give a round of applause for the organizers, the bands and all of the volunteers.  Berwyn pride was surely showing this afternoon.
Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.   Proverbs 22:6

truman40

Just got home also and I have to say even though the music was geared towards kids I found myself shaking a tail feather or two. My apologize to those of you that had to witness that but I really had a great time. Congrats to Berwyn Cares!! for throwing such a wonderful family friendly event.
Shop Local
www.the350project.net

Shelley

It was a sold out show!  Thanks to all that attended and our generous sponsorships (Stacey Cortez-realtor, Steve Nassaralla-realtor, Over the Rainbow, Wishbone, Fitzgeralds) and raffle prizes donated by OTR, Dan's Bike shop and Wishbone, we will likely exceed the amount of grants to give to Berwyn teachers.  Also,  A huge thanks to Mr. Matt, Joe the Show, and The Boogers, local talent who drew a huge crowd with their rocked out kids show! 

If you'd like to join BerwynCARES or make a donation, please visit our website www.berwyncares.org

truman40

There were CDs being sold at the concert that I meant to pickup.
Does anyone know where I can pick them up now?
Shop Local
www.the350project.net

Shelley

I have about 10 CDs left.  I can drop one off at OTR this week.  I've been listening to it today...I can't get "Fish will Fly" out of my head!  Anyone else interested in a CD can PM me.  They are $5.  To have a listen (and look) at The Boogers performance from LAST year, go to this link and scroll down to the two videos:

http://berwyncares-blog.blogspot.com/2007/10/2nd-annual-berwyn-cares-kids-concert.html