News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Moving boxes

Started by markberwyn, November 02, 2006, 06:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markberwyn

Need bunches. If you have any suggestions about where to get them, or have some of your own that you'd like to dispense of, please get in touch. Thanks!
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

OakParkSpartan

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

markberwyn

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on November 02, 2006, 09:00:15 AM
You leaving us Mark?

Soon. I've always known my wife is brilliant; turns out there's a think tank in D.C. that agrees.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Ted

Quote from: markberwyn on November 02, 2006, 10:38:49 AM
You leaving us Mark?

Soon. I've always known my wife is brilliant; turns out there's a think tank in D.C. that agrees.

Say it aint so!!! Mark, we're going to miss you.    I hope the think tank is a LIBERAL think tank. :)

delbowz

Who is going to keep the tally on Bear's list of gripes with the Life???

We'll miss you!

The Shurgard Storage place on Harlem and (is it Riverside Drive???) sells good moving boxes in all sizes.  Pretty reasonably priced too.
Life is too important to be taken seriously. - Oscar Wilde

scoon

Quote from: delbowz on November 02, 2006, 10:47:28 AM

Who's going to tell me that I'm small town and lame the next time I say I don't like murals?

Sad Grammar Dick

Bonster

That stinks.  I joined this board after reading some of your posts (to Ruffian, I believe).
Your quote from the Berwynist prior to the election (below) still holds true.

So, what are your plans there?
Stay at home dad?  ;D
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

markberwyn

Quote from: scoon on November 02, 2006, 11:00:38 AM
Quote from: delbowz on November 02, 2006, 10:47:28 AM

Who's going to tell me that I'm small town and lame the next time I say I don't like murals?

Sad Grammar Dick

There are dicks aplenty on this board. I'm sure somebody will fill in nicely.

(Just for the record, I'm not inclined to post a lot of details, but y'all are stuck with me through the holidays at least.)

~LL~

Quote from: markberwyn on November 02, 2006, 10:38:49 AM
You leaving us Mark?

Mark:  Indeed you will be missed.  Congratulations to your wife.  May only good things come your way on the East coast.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Berwyn Patsy

I'll miss you too!!   Bear is probably devastated!!

Bonster

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on November 02, 2006, 03:54:21 PM

His login will still work from DC, if he's feeling particularly evil. . .  :666:

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

markberwyn

Quote from: Bonster on November 02, 2006, 07:02:04 PM
Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on November 02, 2006, 03:54:21 PM

His login will still work from DC, if he's feeling particularly evil. . .  :666:

I'm hoping I'll have better things to do than tease Bear about a newspaper I won't be subscribing to anymore.  :)

Bear

'Tis a sad day to see such a quaint board member move beyond 60402, I in particular will miss
your self righteous arrogance...You amused me.

Being the kindly Bear that I am, I exercised my political clout in DC to reserve your very own
vanity plate, simply go to the DMV and tell them you are MarkBerwyn and that Bear sent you. Give them your vehicle info, the plate will be stamped and ready by the time you move.

I thought long and hard on how to word my gift to you. Arrogant people usually act that way to compensate for other "shortcomings" in their life.

The choice was simple...now all of DC will know what God did not bless you with.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

scoon

Quote from: Bear on November 02, 2006, 07:55:11 PM
The choice was simple...now all of DC will know what God did not bless you with.

In my family we call it the "Coon Curse".

Terri

Enjoy DC.  The Metro is great, so maybe you won't need to go to the DMV like Bear suggested afterall.  LOL!

Terri

tgoddess

Quote<- what is that?

It looks like a singing fire hydrant to me...

"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Matryoshka

WTF? I think I missed something...where's the fire hydrant?

Matryoshka

Oh, btw, Mark, you can get tons o' moving boxes @ Terrace Paper...1325 S. Cicero Ave -
in Cicero -

markberwyn

Thanks for the suggestions so far folks -- please keep 'em coming.

Special thanks to scoon for passing along some of his boxes. It seems like I can never get my schedule to work so I can meet y'all at OoT, so it was generous of him to greet me and the wife while wearing the assless chaps I've heard so much about.

scoon

I'm an equal opportunity offender.