News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Wii

Started by Matryoshka, December 17, 2006, 09:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matryoshka

Help! It's a mere 8 days before Christmas (which is also my son's birthday) and I can't find the only item he wants...
If anyone knows where I can get a Nintendo Wii system before Christmas, and not for a million bucks/ camping out in front of a store, please let me know...send me a PM - thanks

~LL~

Don't know the cost...but Google/Wii.com sez you can check with:

GAME CRAZY # 113957
6347 CERMAK RD
BERWYN IL 60402

0.5 miles   GAME CRAZY # 113776
1601 S CICERO AVE
CICERO IL 60804

0.5 miles   EB Games #5181
3017 S CICERO AVE
CICERO IL 60804

0.7 miles   GAMESTOP #2286
6631 ROOSEVELT RD # F
BERWYN IL 60402

3.8 miles   GAMESTOP #2355
6321 NORTH AVE
OAK PARK IL 60302

5.4 miles   TRANS WORLD/RECORD TOWN #0170
6465 W DIVERSEY AVE
CHICAGO IL 60707

If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

~LL~

I really thought I saw this item at Super-K last weekend -- but since I am usually traumatized and feel disoriented in 'big' stores, I could be wrong.  Might give 'em a call, though.

Matryoshka

Thank you LL, I shall try those, tho I highly doubt I'll have any luck...seems to be the "tickle-me-Elmo"  mania - Idiots are camped out in front of stores, they come out and hand out #s 1-20 and then you get inside and they have like six of these f*#%&@g things, so you waste your entire morning and return home w/nothin' -I wish these mofo video game manufacturers would stick their game systems up their a**es -

pkd50

Sounds like your in a holiday mood!

Matryoshka

It's a pity but it's situations such as these which can suck all the fun out of  ones holiday spirit -

delbowz

Rita -  I feel your pain.  I have been on the quest for a Fisher Price DIgital Camera for over a month now - when my 3 year old said "Maybe Santa can bring me a computer or a camera" (Yes, He's 3 - I do not even want to imagine what he'll be asking for when he's 10!)  I have had friends/family across the country engaged in my quest.  It's VERY frustrating.  When in stock at Target, they are $55.  On E-Bay they are selling for $100+.  I'm thinking I'll just buy it when they restock and give it to him for his birthday.   :-[

BUT - if you have any luck finding it, let me know how it is - I am NOT a video game  person, but I want a Wii - they look SOOOO fun!
(I do know that the remotes had been recalled because they can "slip out of your hand and break your TV: - at least that's what the news program I was watching a week or so ago said" - so be careful!).

Denise
Life is too important to be taken seriously. - Oscar Wilde

OakParkSpartan

Keep checking Amazon...you might get lucky...they expect to get periodic shipments.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Matryoshka

Thanks guys...if worse comes to worse, I'll give him a check and tell him to get it himself, after the holidaze (he's gonna turn 15 on the same day) that's the most likely scenario -

Brian, I will try Amazon...hopefully if they have it, I can receive it in time w/out paying an arm and a leg -

And Denise...I wish you luck in your futile pursuit of the FPDC - I agree w/you, I do not want to pay anymore than it's going for in the stores...btw, you're correct, the remotes for the Wii were infact recalled because of faulty straps...so maybe it's better to wait 'til the new ones are out anyway -

scoon

I can't wait for the first class action suit for carpal tunnel or torn rotator cuffs.

delbowz

@Rita - a flyer came in the mail yesterday from game crazy (next to hollywood video) - advertisting the Wii for $249 - plus 12 free game rentals.  May be worth checking out.  The Berwyn # is 708-788-8984, Cicero 708-652-2796.

Denise

Matryoshka

Thank you Denise,
I'm gonna call as soon as they open -
Keepin' my fingers crossed,as it's gettin' down to the wire here -

Terri

Rita,

If you didn't get it, Game Stop in North Riverside had them, $250.00  We were just there. 

Terri

Matryoshka

Thank you Terri,
I called but they both (the NRP mall location and the Dominick's strip mall location) said they were out...looks like I'm gonna be S.O.L. I'll try 2morrow and then I gives up!!!

tgoddess

How's this for ridiculous?  I was at the Dominick's in N. Riverside and someone had a sign on the bulletin board offering one-- for $850!!!

Egads.

"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Matryoshka

F*** that S***!!!

delbowz

What's more ridiculous is that someone will likely buy it for that outlandish amount!

Denise

Matryoshka

I'm sure you're right Denise. I'm mad at myself for not having the foresight to buy some up prior to the frenzy, and sell 'em for 3 or 4 x the price...woulda made a nice profit and felt really good that I had ripped off some poor, desperate suckers over the holiday season.

~LL~

'Rita:  Saw the Wii at Walmart in Forest Park today ... $249.00 -- in case you are still on the hunt.

Matryoshka

OMG! Thank u so much...runnin out 2 get it - hopefully!!! Wiish me luck