News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Band instruments needed for high school band

Started by Northsider--NOT Northside 7, February 16, 2007, 08:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northsider--NOT Northside 7

Steinmetz highschool band is in desperate need of band instruments if anyone has any to donate please let me know and I can either arrange for them to be donated, or give you the info to speak with the band director or alumni assoc. They are haveing a fund raiser Mar. 24, 07. Northsider
Clowns to left of me; Jokers to the right; Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

Bear

I would think Berwyn kids would be worthy of such,
why the allegience to an out of district school when you live here?
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Curious George

scoon

Quote from: Northsider on February 16, 2007, 08:08:08 PM
Steinmetz highschool band is in desperate need of band instruments if anyone has any to donate please let me know and I can either arrange for them to be donated, or give you the info to speak with the band director or alumni assoc. They are haveing a fund raiser Mar. 24, 07. Northsider

Quote from: Bear on February 16, 2007, 10:32:37 PM
I would think Berwyn kids would be worthy of such,
why the allegience to an out of district school when you live here?

Quote from: Northsider on February 16, 2007, 07:38:40 PM
Well get out there and shovel it!  Since when is it the city job to shovel the alley.

Since when is it Berwyn's job to donate musical instruments to schools not in a Berwyn school district?

Berwyn Patsy

Scoon, you sound a "little" out of sorts this morning in your posts. Cheer up spring is right around the corner!!

scoon

Sorry Patsy...  I'm still upset about you and Mr. Patsy moving and I'm taking it out on everyone else.

Berwyn Patsy

Scoon and Mrs. Scoon your one of the couples I'll miss the most.  We will come back and visit, I promise!!
How about a board get together soon??  I would like to meet some of the new people on the board before we leave.

Juliet

Maybe Northsider is a teacher, or alumni, or just someone who knows of a school in need.  This board is a great place to ask for and receive help.

I know that Barb, who is in charge of music ministry at St. Leonards mentioned last week that they would take any instrument donations for their school as well.  I told her to post it here.

Northsider, my Grandfather lives 2 blks. away from Steimetz, and I worked for a dentist in that neighborhood for decades on and off.  Thanks for brining the need to our attention.
Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.   Proverbs 22:6

Northsider--NOT Northside 7

Yes, I am an alum of Steinmetz. On March 24, 2007 they are haveing a rock concert to raise money, for instruments. There is going to be three bands plus the school band. Two of the bands have alum in them one from 1980, one from 1990,and the band leader is in a band , his band will also be playing. Tickets are $15 dollars in advance, 20 at the door. I beleive Playboy will be donating something, we don't know what at this point. In the seveties they donated new uniforms. Hugh Heffner went to Steinmetz also. The radio personality Steve Dahl of WCKG 105.9 has also donated some things for Auction.
Clowns to left of me; Jokers to the right; Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.