News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Music To Die To

Started by Beans, July 26, 2006, 01:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beans

A bit morbid...

Let's say you're sitting in the electric chair, waiting to be executed. You've already eaten your last meal request, and the warden tells you that you can listen to one last song before they flip the switch What would it be?

scungili

hmmm ... tough one ...

I'd say anything by the Greatful Dead ... because then I'd be looking forward to that switch being flipped.

markweiner

You Can't Always Get What You Want
Time Waits For No One
Dead Flowers
The End
Electric Ladyland

Good thread. 

Mark

markberwyn

Anything from AC/DC's High Voltage or Flick of the Switch.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Bear

What other than....

The Ballad of Dwight Fry
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Berwyn Patsy

'The end is near, I did it "MY WAY"

~LL~

From the "All Too Obvious" Department:  Stairway to Heaven...
For me, personally, it would be Ozzy Osbourne -- either Crazy Train or No More Tears -- preferably both.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

markweiner

Break On Through To The Other Side
The Musics Over

Tough day at the office.   :o

~LL~

"Burn baby, burn -- Disco Inferno."

Meanwhile -- back at my memorial service...more Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath/Rob Zombie /Prodigy/Offspring/ etc. etc. and, oh what the hell -- BeeGee's/Saturday Night Fever -- topped off with "Let's Get Together" - Jefferson Airplane version -- although, "Chris Gaines'" (the alter-ego of Garth Brooks) version ("Get Together"  was, to me, very creative and well done. 

markberwyn

I've been trying to come up with great songs that feature electric chairs:

Bruce Springsteen, "Nebraska"
Tom T. Hall, "Turn it On! Turn it On! Turn it On!"
Johnny Cash, "The Mercy Seat"

More?

(Iggy Pop has a song called "Little Electric Chair," and Prince has a song called "Electric Chair," but neither is very good.)
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Bonster

I Am The Resurrection, Jesus

Fade to Black or For Whom The Bell Tolls, Metallica (Ride the Lightning, apropos)

Cranial Hemorrhage, Devastation (Berwyn band, mid 80's)
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

markberwyn

Quote from: Bonster on July 26, 2006, 07:24:08 PM
I Am The Resurrection, Jesus

Fade to Black or For Whom The Bell Tolls, Metallica (Ride the Lightning, apropos)

Cranial Hemorrhage, Devastation (Berwyn band, mid 80's)

Somebody actually named their band Jesus? Nice!

mustang54

Imagine,followed by Stairway To Heaven.

BountyHunter

Ravel's Bolero

it's quite lengthy

scoon

Tijuana Taxi

If they're gonna put me down, I want to make sure the song torments them for a few hours...  You're welcome LL...

Not to mention, that's a funny scene...  of course a rubber chicken, a bear on a tricycle, and a smoking monkey would have to be involved as well.  I get the feeling that when I die people are going to say, "Damn, what a way to go." with a hint of jealousy in their voices.

Bear

Geez...a bear on a tricycle?

I graduated to two wheelers a year ago
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

~LL~

Quote from: scoon on July 26, 2006, 09:50:39 PM

Tijuana Taxi

If they're gonna put me down, I want to make sure the song torments them for a few hours...  You're welcome LL...

Scoon -- you are, indeed, an uber-brat.  But, someone beat you to tormenting me today -- by blasting out the theme song from the TV show, "Rescue Me",  at 7:AM. So, that running around and around in my head must be my penance for today.  Make it stop...

Ana

Seasons in the Sun. . .
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

pkd50

Those Were the Days, My Friend!

T-Stan RPCV

Find a recording of 1st graders singing "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands".