Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Band Name

Started by Beans, August 15, 2006, 10:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beans

markberwyn = wisdom

This is true. We're a bit longer in the tooth and our eyes are out of the stars. I don't think we'll have to sweat anything more than local attention though.

This project is our vehicle of all the stuff we wanted to do but nobody had the patience to listen to, you know...math rock. We're having a blast. It'd be cool if folks dig it. We'll see...

So far, our wives like it.

My wife says "That's how I remember you guys playing, with feeling".

It's amazing what years of jobbing and clubbing will do to your chops and soul but, ya gotta pay the bills and the kids gotta eat.

Bonster

Quote from: T. Jones on August 17, 2006, 11:10:57 AM
This project is our vehicle of all the stuff we wanted to do but nobody had the patience to listen to, you know...math rock.
musician's music?

Where do you guys practice?  Ever have any problems with the neighbors?
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Beans

musician's music? Yeah. We could start a fresh tread just on that subject alone. It's true that studying musicians do tend to listen to a wider variety of things than most. It's a pleasure to run into non-musicians that have "stretched ears".

Where do you guys practice? My place. I finally have a rehearsal space...I mean, house and it's nice to finally have guys come to me rather than schlepping my equipment around.

Ever have any problems with the neighbors? I think the question should be, do my neighbors have problems with me?...We have the coolest neighbors. We are so lucky in so many ways. Believe me, I am very sensitive to the issue. So far all is well.

Bonster

Nice!  ...kinda sux to blow money on rehearsal space when you can just make your way downstairs for "free."  (and follow your own rules (and regulate who stumbles on in   8) ...))

Quote from: T. Jones on August 18, 2006, 11:58:23 AM
Believe me, I am very sensitive to the issue. So far all is well.

haha...poor drummers. Can't turn 'em down, and practice pads just aren't the same, I'm sure.

Beans

Quote from: Bonster on August 18, 2006, 12:32:27 PM
Nice!  ...kinda sux to blow money on rehearsal space when you can just make your way downstairs for "free."  (and follow your own rules (and regulate who stumbles on in   8) ...))

Quote from: T. Jones on August 18, 2006, 11:58:23 AM
Believe me, I am very sensitive to the issue. So far all is well.

haha...poor drummers. Can't turn 'em down, and practice pads just aren't the same, I'm sure.
It is my basement...I have no rules and my wife lets me stumble in.

My parents are standing in line for sainthood. I don't know why they put up with it.

Beans

Anymore names or did you guys dry up?

tgoddess

"Naugahyde Headquarters"
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Bonster

Quote from: T. Jones on August 15, 2006, 10:13:51 AM
The band is a progressive rock group with guitar, bass and drums with heavy King Crimson influence.
Prince Magenta?

The Thalidomide Three
The Paper Cuts
Chia Pubes
Wet Lint
Berwyn Nuisance (no, that would be my band's)

Matryoshka

Quote from: Bonster on August 18, 2006, 11:38:04 PM
Quote from: T. Jones on August 15, 2006, 10:13:51 AM
The band is a progressive rock group with guitar, bass and drums with heavy King Crimson influence.
Prince Magenta?

The Thalidomide Three
The Paper Cuts
Chia Pubes
Wet Lint
Berwyn Nuisance (no, that would be my band's)

Eww, Thalidomide Tree??? Bon - do these names just all pop into ur head or have u thought of these names over the yrs? U got some real doozies -

Bonster

I was hungry, and reading about all the food on here was making me  c r a z y !!!

T-Stan RPCV

Camel Spit or

Dolboyobe (dole-ba-yobe) I'm making up how I would spell it using Latin characters. My favorite non-English word and it has been depressing not being able to use it for a few years.  Russian - literal translation is "wood f*cker" or "someone who pecks at wood with his di*k"   Essentially it means someone so incredibly stupid that he would attempt to fck wood.  Appropriate for some of the discussions that take place at Berwyn city council meetings.

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

TyRy

Quote from: 'Rita on August 19, 2006, 09:48:30 AM
Quote from: Bonster on August 18, 2006, 11:38:04 PM
The Thalidomide Three

Eww, Thalidomide Tree??? Bon - do these names just all pop into ur head or have u thought of these names over the yrs? U got some real doozies -

Thalidomide Tree? 
lol...that sounds even slightly more twisted than The Thalidomide Three. 
Or would that be The TT's version of the Joshua Tree...

Matryoshka

Bonster

Missing Bookend

Berwyn Bloodwater Revival

Twisted Tongues 

Tupac Presley

Bonster

Intravenous Berwyn  (IVB)

~LL~

So - any name selected yet, or are you still open to suggestions?
Curious to see/hear the band scheduled to play 'small stage' --during Ocktoberfest at the DD this weekend --who call themselves HalfFast.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Beans

We're still open for names. Keep'em coming.

Matryoshka

LL -
HalfFast is an excellent band...my kind of music  :coreyhart:

Matryoshka

So??? Did anyone go to Oktoberfest and hear HalFast? I was too lazy to drag my ass out in the rain...