News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Just The Riffs

Started by Beans, December 12, 2006, 04:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beans

For guitar players: Riff-O-Matic.

Riff-O-Matic gives you great practice material to help develop your skills and understanding through popular music you may have heard before. It features accurate riff transcriptions with looping audio examples so you can practice along with the song segment until you've got it down.

It's a good way to get up to speed with "Smoke On The Water" before your next visit to Guitar Center.

http://riff-o-matic.com/riff-a-day/index.htm

markberwyn

Quote from: T. Jones on December 12, 2006, 04:51:15 PM
It's a good way to get up to speed with "Smoke On The Water" before your next visit to Guitar Center.

Just for the record, the nearest Guitar Center is in Burbank. Maybe they'd be interested in coming to Berwyn? Plenty of blue-collar heshers in the area . . .
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Terri

There is a Sam Ash on Cicero Ave., north of Guitar Center.

Go to Musicopia on Roosevelt Rd., they sell guitars and drums.  Professional musicians, not the pseudo-rock star youngsters like at Ash and Guitar Center.  And it's in Berwyn.

Terri

Bonster

Quote from: markberwyn on December 12, 2006, 05:11:52 PM
Quote from: T. Jones on December 12, 2006, 04:51:15 PM

Just for the record, the nearest Guitar Center is in Burbank. Maybe they'd be interested in coming to Berwyn? Plenty of blue-collar heshers in the area . . .
heh.  Guitar Center missed it's Berwyn calling in the 80's.
From North Berwyn:  Guitar Center in Villa Park is about 15 minutes in non-rush hour...290W to Roosevelt, there and back in a flash.

Quote from: Fejes on December 12, 2006, 06:17:36 PM
Go to Musicopia on Roosevelt Rd., they sell guitars and drums.  Professional musicians, not the pseudo-rock star youngsters like at Ash and Guitar Center.  And it's in Berwyn.
LOL!
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bear

You better go back to Joe's garage, I don't consider 75% of those
riffs to be relevant to humanity...One more time....

Frank Z
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

markberwyn

But "Eye of the Tiger," the finest Berwyn-related cultural product ever, is on the list.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Bear

Incorrect once again Mark, please try to get your facts straight before posting. The writer of that song was a fellow graduate from Benet Academy and a resident of Lisle. He was just buddys with Peterick, and did other work together. Survivor is not the same as IOM.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

markberwyn

markberwyn

Also:

EYE OF THE TIGER (FROM FILM ROCKY III)             (Title Code: 350092054)
      Writers:
   PETERIK JAMES M
   SULLIVAN FRANK MICHAEL III

Performers:
ANKA P
ASIA
CHIPMUNKS
DOUBLE DOZEN ORCH
KINGSTON PLAYERS
LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA/ROYA
METROPOLIS
NIGHTHAWK
PAUL ANKA
ROBERTSON E
ROYAL CHORAL SOCIETY
SURVIVOR
WEIRD AL YANKOVIC

Variations:
  EVE OF THE SURVIVOR
  EYE OF THE TIGER
  OEIL DU TIGRE
  HU WEI
  THEME FROM ROCKY III
  EYE OF THE TIGER / ROCKY III
  EYE OF THE TIGER PETERIK SULLI
  ROCKY 3:THEME
  EYE OF THE TIGER
  EYE OF THE TIGER ROCKY 3
  RYE OR THE KAISER
  EYE OF THE TIGER FROM FILM
  ROCKY IV

Publishers/Administrators:
  EASY ACTION MUSIC/WB MUSIC
    % WB MUSIC CORP
    % WARNER CHAPPELL MUSIC INC
    10585 SANTA MONICA BLVD
    LOS ANGELES , CA, 90025
    Tel. (310) 441-8600

W B MUSIC CORP
    % WARNER BROS INC
    (WARNER BROS MUSIC DIV)
    10585 SANTA MONICA BLVD
    ATTN: JAY MORGENSTERN
    LOS ANGELES , CA, 90025
    Tel. (310) 441-8600

Contact ASCAP Clearance representative at (212)621-6160
   for other publisher information.

scoon

Is there any Infinity on there?

tgoddess

This past weekend, Neil Schon was in Vegas and got on stage to jam with my friend's band.  Man, that dude has had some SERIOUS Botox work.   Yikes.

You heard it hear first.

Rona Barrett
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

markberwyn

"My name's Neil Schon / But people call me Nina Simone":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-0fb-DhYh0

Terri

T.Jones,

The teen bass player in my house said thanks for the riffs.

Terri

Bonster

Oh, Fejes!
A bass player...
Keep those reins tight!

Terri

He's following the footsteps of a good man. 

Terri

Bonster

Quote from: Fejes on December 14, 2006, 03:19:26 PM
He's following the footsteps of a good man. 

Terri

<turns around, sees no one>

whew...!   ::)

Robert Pauly

Who are the guitar players on this board?

Beans

Quote from: Melliman on December 15, 2006, 08:19:10 AM
Who are the guitar players on this board?
Yeah, let's see who admits it...

Bonster

Fejes!
We just returned from Musicopia where we purchased my father-in-law his first acoustic guitar, and we couldn't be happier with the experience.
lol...he's 72 and just got the itch to learn how to play.  Many places have $99 starter kits, but the kicker here, besides supporting a fine local shop around the block from us, was it came with quality Martin strings right off the bat.  We also picked up a stand.

It was also nice of the guy to play some chords for us to get a good idea how it sounds.
hehe...they also had some cool stuff for they pseudo-rock star youngsters, too :D

Terri

Bonster, what a great gift.  That's really cool he wants to learn to play, good for him.  Let us know when he records his first song. 

Terri