Main Menu

Bungalow kitchen REMODEL

Started by Guy_on_Clinton, February 20, 2007, 06:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guy_on_Clinton

Quote from: Guy_on_Clinton on February 19, 2007, 04:47:29 PM
Duke..
VIKING!!!?  awseome...
someone should start a new thread... kitchen remodels.... 

since no one started one..  Here's mine...
We started in October and finished a few weeks before Christmas..

BEFORE

DURING

AFTER

SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

Boris

Quote from: Guy_on_Clinton on February 20, 2007, 06:57:54 PM
Quote from: Guy_on_Clinton on February 19, 2007, 04:47:29 PM
Duke..
VIKING!!!?  awseome...
someone should start a new thread... kitchen remodels.... 

since no one started one..  Here's mine...
We started in October and finished a few weeks before Christmas..

BEFORE

DURING

yeah, yeah...and after??
Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

Guy_on_Clinton

what happened? no one else posting pics?
???
SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

Terri

Both of your kitchens are so breathtaking, you may have intimidated the rest of us.  I may ask both of you for advice when we tackle our kitchen.

Terri

tgoddess

I'd post pics of my gorgeous kitchen remodel...but I don't own a bungalow.
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Terri

I would love to see your remodel, mine isn't a bungalow either. 

Terri

tgoddess

Terri,

I have them on my website, but I don't remember the link.  I'll post it when I get home tonight.
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Robert Pauly

You guys set the bar too high.  And to think I was once proud of my new faucet.

Bonster

Quote from: Melliman on February 26, 2007, 03:19:53 PM
You guys set the bar too high.  And to think I was once proud of my new faucet.

LOL!!!  Same here.  Now I'm ashamed of mine...
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

bahas

here are some photos of our non-bungalow remodel.  the "before" photos were taken a few days before closing on the house.  much of the work we did ourselves (except exterior) over the last 3 years.   

tgoddess

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

baha,

Great choice of color in the stairway and fireplace area. I have the same color in my home, although my formal dining room is a forest green. Need to change my living room/great room w/fireplace from a sponged burnt orange to..........????

Any suggestions?
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

bahas

thanks tgoddess and pp.  pp, colors have been a trial and error game for us.  we have already painted every room twice and the kitchen 4 times.  the living room color was a result of 3 trips to the paint store to tweak the color we had already purchased. 

tgoddess

To see my kitchen remodel in photos, feel free to visit http://www.stikchik.com/kitchen

You have to right-click and "view image" to see the pictures in a larger format on the second page, because I didn't feel like resizing them all...

Bonster

bahas- I LOVE the accents you added (or had added) to the exterior!!! 
the siding, the horizontals, the window frame accents, the corner pieces on your porch posts...love it
I also like the smaller bushes in front; they don't hide your beautiful house.

[open pics in a separate window for full size]

pkd50

I love your kitchen.  I'm building soon, and love your backsplash.  Just wonder...do you have a hard time keeping the grout clean?

tgoddess

The grout is sealed and I haven't found it hard to keep clean at all.  I did use colored grout, as opposed to white, though, so maybe it's dirtier than I think!   ;)

Bonster

t- your kitchen and dining room look kickass.  Didn't mean to blow your post off (had to run out).

I agree with pkd...the backsplash looks shweet.
Is that a dial phone?

[the final page the pics weren't linked.  opened up in new window for full size]
^^ nevermind...browser issue on ol' lady's pc

tgoddess

Nah...just the illuuuuusion of one.  Pottery Barn.   But it looks nifty and "vintage-y" and I like a phone that FEELS like a phone instead of a walkie-talkie.  Not sure if they still carry it or not.

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

Quote from: tgoddess on February 26, 2007, 06:05:43 PM
To see my kitchen remodel in photos, feel free to visit http://www.stikchik.com/kitchen

You have to right-click and "view image" to see the pictures in a larger format on the second page, because I didn't feel like resizing them all...

All right tgoddess, so when is Pantera & crew coming over to "sample" the kitchen? ;)
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted