News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Bungalow kitchen REMODEL

Started by Guy_on_Clinton, February 20, 2007, 06:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terri

tgoddess,

Very classy kitchen.  Husband said looks like a good party house.  He passed the granite and saw the liquor. LOL.  Granite looks really good w/ the lighter cabinets. 
Thanks!  Lots of talent!!

Terri

tgoddess

Quote from: Fejes on February 26, 2007, 10:44:55 PM
tgoddess,

Very classy kitchen.  Husband said looks like a good party house.  He passed the granite and saw the liquor. LOL.  Granite looks really good w/ the lighter cabinets. 
Thanks!  Lots of talent!!

Terri

Thanks, Terri...Yup, Funkytown is party central!   :fro:
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

OakParkSpartan

The Bungalow Tour is in Funkytown this year.  We saw a nice place tonight and the couple is excited to be on the walk.  A  nice combination of original, new and custom.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bonster

Quote from: tgoddess on February 26, 2007, 08:46:23 PM
Nah...just the illuuuuusion of one.  Pottery Barn.   But it looks nifty and "vintage-y" and I like a phone that FEELS like a phone instead of a walkie-talkie.  Not sure if they still carry it or not.

I have an old Western Electric dial phone in my kitchen with the real bells for ringer.  Doesn't sound to clear but I just can't get rid of it! 
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

tgoddess

SCWHEET!!!  My Busia had one...wish I could have nabbed it when we were cleaning out her place a few years ago, but I think she was actually still LEASING IT!   ;D
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Ted

Quote from: tgoddess on February 27, 2007, 09:31:21 AM
SCWHEET!!!  My Busia had one

What is a "busia"?  When I googled it, it came up with a region in Africa??

tgoddess

tgoddess

Busia was my Polish grandmother and Dzia Dzia (pronounced Ja-Ja) was my Polish grandfather, both my dad's side.

This site is pretty nifty:  http://www.namenerds.com/uucn/granny.html

Berwyn Patsy

I had a Busia and Ja-Ja on my dad's side.  My Busia always wore a babushka too!!

tgoddess

Mine did, too, Patsy!  Pretty much every day.  When you go to the beauty shop once a week to get your hair done, you want that coif to last as long as possible!   :D

littlealexa

Hi all, first time I post here, been reading the threads.  I have a question what area is "Funkytown"?  Also why is it called that? 

Secondly, the kitchens here a really nice.  I have a rather small kitchen that can't compete with these.

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

Cozy,

add Funkytown to your board vocab list.
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

OakParkSpartan

littlealexa,

One  day someone wrote the various area's of Berwyn...North Berwyn Roosevelt to 16th, Central or middle (something  like that) 22nd to  the CN, Depot was around the tracks, south Berwyn south of the tracks...you get the idea.

If you notice, the area between 16th and Cermak was omitted.  Those of us that live here took offense, and named it Funkytown.

And  there you go...

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

littlealexa

Cute, I like the name...we could use Funkytown to promote Berwyn  :D

tgoddess

Well, personally, I love it...but if you check back in the threads, you'll see that there are some people who might construe it as "racist," which really doesn't give off the warm fuzzies.

OakParkSpartan

I still don't know where that came from tgoddess.

tgoddess

Seemed pretty bee-zar to me at the time, too, OPS.

Bonster

There was a well-respected poster who believes the word "funky" somehow relates to black folks in a negative light...

tgoddess

Bonster

Yeah...that connotation was brought up in the infamous Progress thread...

and we owe the term Funkytown to:

renovator bear!

(and facilitated by yours truly... ;) )