News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Berwyn house on Internet

Started by Guy_on_Clinton, September 10, 2007, 01:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guy_on_Clinton

man... dont piss off your neighboor...  someone posted this on YouTube.
Which of you posted this???

hillarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61xwshUzWEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgSRRDcXTUE
SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

mrs. scoon

Quote from: Guy_on_Clinton on September 10, 2007, 01:01:17 PM
man... dont piss off your neighboor...  someone posted this on YouTube.
Which of you posted this???

hillarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61xwshUzWEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgSRRDcXTUE

That must be one ticked off neighbor!
You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.  - Eleanor Roosevelt

OakParkSpartan

First one sounded like it was a person on acid.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bonster

Terrible footage, but you get the point...

Guy, have you seen this place?  Is it that bad in person?

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Guy_on_Clinton

Quote from: Cliff Yablonski on September 10, 2007, 01:42:56 PM

Nope, I'm on Clinton..  but its close to me..

i really dont notice since everytime i drive down Home Ave... My eyes are always drawn to that house thats been for sale for over a year.. on at the end of 19th & Home... by the way, he's now gone down to $429K

SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

OakParkSpartan

I think a little landscaping would have made the curb appeal better.  Just some flowers for summer.  It is a beautiful house. I think Bru should buy it...he loved the attic.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

tgoddess

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on September 10, 2007, 02:14:00 PM
I think a little landscaping would have made the curb appeal better.  Just some flowers for summer.  It is a beautiful house. I think Bru should buy it...he loved the attic.

Yeah, Bru... Move to Funkytown, man!
:D
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Matryoshka

Quote from: Guy_on_Clinton on September 10, 2007, 02:00:32 PM
Quote from: Cliff Yablonski on September 10, 2007, 01:42:56 PM

Nope, I'm on Clinton..  but its close to me..

i really dont notice since everytime i drive down Home Ave... My eyes are always drawn to that house thats been for sale for over a year.. on at the end of 19th & Home... by the way, he's now gone down to $429K

I heard a rumor that the house on 19th and Home had raccoons in the attic...just a rumor of course :666:

Nazerac

Last 5 secs of the 2nd video, it looks as if they turned the roof of the backporch into some type of the balcony.

p.s. Rita, I did see some animal excrements just outside the attic windows during the Bungalow tour.

Bonster

It looks like they started a porch roof just under the regular roofline...mine was integrated with the oringinal roof; not sure what's the norm, though.

There's another 4 min compilation vid there as well...surprised he can get away with outing the owner by name, too!
See:
2112 Home Berwyn Blight, House Values Drop

MRS. NORTHSIDER

And I thought the blight department was screwed up - that takes the cake!  I'll guess they won't be getting together for a neighborly BBQ anytime soon.

Bonster

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on September 10, 2007, 04:20:36 PM
And I thought the blight department was screwed up - that takes the cake!  I'll guess they won't be getting together for a neighborly BBQ anytime soon.

The video isn't shot well enough to tell. 

This place doesn't look half bad compared to many I know of.  So the guy needs some tuck pointing and a paint job.  Not so unusual in this town.
He focuses a lot on the guy's tree...I know of a dozen homes whose lines are busting thru trees (on their property).
And any bushes hanging over your property are your business...get the hedge trimmers and lop it off!

I will do my own inspection, later.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

My point exactly!  We have lived with this type of situation for a few years now and guess what - I just was out last week cutting the stuff growing through the fence and the hubby has become somewhat of a Paul Bunyon with the bigger stuff.  We don't like it but it's either that or live with what that video shows - if it's growing on or over your property take it off or down.

apatriot

The point is this guy would not have to shoot video if the City would address his problem.  If things could have been addressed to some degree of his satisfaction I don't think this guy would have felt compelled to put video on youtube.  Berwyn gov. that means mayor, all his departments, each and every alderman (whose ward is the 2100 block?) has failed in helping and getting residents to keep their homes up properly.  No one respects Berwyn, because Berwyn gov doesn't respect itself.

Count DMC

Ask La about that house on Home he had it listed for a while.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: apatriot on September 10, 2007, 05:58:14 PM
The point is this guy would not have to shoot video if the City would address his problem.  If things could have been addressed to some degree of his satisfaction I don't think this guy would have felt compelled to put video on youtube.  Berwyn gov. that means mayor, all his departments, each and every alderman (whose ward is the 2100 block?) has failed in helping and getting residents to keep their homes up properly.  No one respects Berwyn, because Berwyn gov doesn't respect itself.

The city cannot address this type of problem from what I've been told - it's a neighbor to neighbor problem when shrubbery or trees from one private property overhangs another private property (you just cut or trim whatever you want to get rid of).  If you know differently, please PM me.

ivan

Sure it's ok to cut what is hanging over on your side of the fence, but looking at the film thats a lot.  Why should i have to clean up my neighbors mess every time it grows over the fence like  this.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: ivan on September 10, 2007, 07:05:07 PM
Sure it's ok to cut what is hanging over on your side of the fence, but looking at the film thats a lot.  Why should i have to clean up my neighbors mess every time it grows over the fence like  this.
Believe me, if I didn't do a trim job on a regular basis I'd be looking at that or a whole lot worse.  Why should you (or I) have to trim the mess?  Well, because we respect and love our property, even if our neighbor does not.

OakParkSpartan

You could have a neighbor who trims his trees with a circular saw...

MRS. NORTHSIDER