News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

AAMCO Transmission, Cicero

Started by seebee, July 28, 2011, 04:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seebee

Ok, so the trusty girl has been acting up a lil. Took it to my hood mechanic, and they applied a 100.00 patch that helped. But, the symptoms were just covered up. I figured that I would take it to (hopefully) some place that specialized in transmission work to diagnose the problem, and repair it if possible. AAMCO came to mind. The car is there right now and they are opening it up. Not a lot of AAMCO talk around here, just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

berwynguy

Unfortunately, this ain't your grandmother's Berwyn anymore.

LOL

I went once, after I had taken my car to my mechanic for something else. He told me to get the transmission taken care of before he would touch it for the other stuff (just in case it was FUBAR). They flushed and filled it while I waited and it didn't cost as much as I thought it would. They seemed nice. This was about 3 years ago.
The word gullible isn't in the dictionary?

Crunchie

Get a factory rebuilt trans from the manufacturer. They have a real warranty, otherwise you could get milked until the cows come home.

seebee

So here's my journal about "double a, *honk, honk* mco on 2k South Cicero:"
Wed evening, I dropped the carr off. Thursday am, I got the call telling me it would be X dollars to open it all up, and pinpoint what the issue was. X would be applied to the final cost of repair. Friday am, I got the call telling me it would be Y dollars to fix. I got a description of all the issues, and an offer to replace 400 odd bucks worth of hoses for free if I ok'd the transmission rebuild. Promised time was Saturday 12pm. I told them that if I didn't hear from them, I'd just plan on picking it up at 11:50 am on Saturday. They told me they'd call me first thing on Saturday am for a status update, and a guess if the car would be ready earlier than noon.

No Call.

I called around 11 ish on Sat. Not done. More issues, even though I was under the impression that the issues were already found which is why the promised time was given. New promised time: Monday late afternoon.

They close at 6, I think.
And here I sit. 5:30pm, no new info.

Dear mechanics: I fon't care if you tell me it will take a week to fix something. I can live my life just fine. Do NOT tell me what day it will be fixed if you don't know, and then don't update me because you feel that I am not worth the effort. People make plans based on what you tell them. Tell me it will be a week, and I'll be happily surprised that it only took 4 days instead. All I know right now is that I have been lied to at least twice, and hopefully my car might be getting fixed.

Crunchie

My Mother once told me that if I didn't anything good to say, then be quiet. So, ....  Good luck with that. :(

Crunchie

seebee

Got her back tonight. They called, gave the apology for taking longer than expected. One year warranty on the transmission. Seems ok, time will tell.

Crunchie

Those warranties are notorious for lasting 366 days. Make sure you take the car in in about 11 months and beef about something so that if it breaks down next August, you may get a little sympathy.

Crunchie

How's the shifting coming along, Seebee?