Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

22nd and Oak Park Dance Studio

Started by justme, July 05, 2012, 05:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justme

Did it close down? I just found this today:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/off/3088411862.html

I drove by earlier this week and swear it was still open.

berwynguy

Holy crap, AGAIN??? 

What's the history now at this location?  Lawndale Pharmacy was there for decades.  Since at least 2004 we had the ghetto furniture store with the lighted palm tree inside, Bedding Experts, Urban Ensambles, and the Pulse Dance Studio.  Am I missing any?
Unfortunately, this ain't your grandmother's Berwyn anymore.

OakParkSpartan

They were open Tuesday evening.

I think parking is always going to be a problem there.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

justme

Quote from: berwynguy on July 05, 2012, 06:47:50 PM
Holy crap, AGAIN??? 
Since at least 2004 we had the ghetto furniture store with the lighted palm tree inside, Bedding Experts, Urban Ensambles, and the Pulse Dance Studio. 

Such a shame, because every day now I wonder, "Where the heck am I gonna find a lighted palm tree?"

Diona

Quote from: justme on July 05, 2012, 07:05:45 PM
Quote from: berwynguy on July 05, 2012, 06:47:50 PM
Holy crap, AGAIN??? 
Since at least 2004 we had the ghetto furniture store with the lighted palm tree inside, Bedding Experts, Urban Ensambles, and the Pulse Dance Studio. 

Such a shame, because every day now I wonder, "Where the heck am I gonna find a lighted palm tree?"

LOL...I remember the lighted palm tree & the acrylic furniture in that crazy furniture store. I used to laugh while waiting for my busy to the train all the time when that store was in there.

renovatorbear

Judging from the temporary look of the exterior signage and the thrown together look of everything else, I've assumed the dance studio is a month-to-month situation...  I was at the intersection two days ago and the place was open...

dyta93

It's been up on craigslist for at least a few months.  Not sure if they run it all the time but I have always seen listings for that space since January.  Assuming the dance studio is month to month.