News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

ALAMO SHOES

Started by renovatorbear, April 28, 2006, 04:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonster

Quote from: scoon on May 29, 2007, 11:39:11 AM
I've heard that individuals who are responsible for promoting business in the city have suggested a name change cause "Alamo Shoes" makes most of us honkies assume they sell boots with matching belt buckles and hats.

Hmmm...interesting, scoon.  Whiten it up.

How 'bout doing the boots & matching accessories idea? 
The name is then perfectly self-promoting in Berwyn, esp. on Cermacht!

Quote from: TyRy on May 29, 2007, 11:32:08 AM
Your appt is now next Monday at 8:30am
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

~LL~

Quote from: 'Rita on May 29, 2007, 11:45:27 AM
I've heard that individuals who are responsible for promoting business in the city have suggested a name change cause "Alamo Shoes" makes most of us honkies assume they sell boots with matching belt buckles and hats.

Or if you're like Ozzy, it may make you feel like takin' a leak on it, whilst donning your wife's dress

Now, just hold on there, 'Rita-kins.  Let us be clear that there is nobody like Ozzy, nor ever can there be.  The Prince of F**king Darkness rules.
However, pretty sure some of the local thugs have already copycatted the pissing part--behind the store.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Ted

Quote from: pkd50 on May 28, 2007, 06:00:25 PM
....   I stopped in there, and  met the new owner.  His name is Craig and he worked at the Andersonville location. He will keep a line of the moderate priced shoes that the previous owner had, but will be bringing in Born, Merrill, Easy Spirit, etc.  He has just been there for a couple of weeks, but seems to want to upscale a bit and not be another payless type shoe store.  He didn't have what I wanted, but will order it for me and call when it comes in.  He was very helpful and friendly.  I hope he makes it there.

Hmmm... Could that be the name of the board's newest member (craigsshoes)?   :D :D

~LL~

Quote from: Ted Korbos on May 29, 2007, 06:30:32 PM
Quote from: pkd50 on May 28, 2007, 06:00:25 PM
....   I stopped in there, and  met the new owner.  His name is Craig and he worked at the Andersonville location. He will keep a line of the moderate priced shoes that the previous owner had, but will be bringing in Born, Merrill, Easy Spirit, etc.  He has just been there for a couple of weeks, but seems to want to upscale a bit and not be another payless type shoe store.  He didn't have what I wanted, but will order it for me and call when it comes in.  He was very helpful and friendly.  I hope he makes it there.

Hmmm... Could that be the name of the board's newest member (craigsshoes)?   :D :D

I thought the same thing, "Sherlock".  It seemed, well...elementary!
Ten-four.
Watson.

pkd50

It's probably him.  He called me today to tell me that he ordered the shoes that I wanted.  I told him that I gave him a plug on this board.   Be nice to him, and buy in Berwyn.    He's all about customer service.

Bear

Quote from: pkd50 on May 29, 2007, 08:36:07 PM
It's probably him.  He called me today to tell me that he ordered the shoes that I wanted.  I told him that I gave him a plug on this board.   Be nice to him, and buy in Berwyn.    He's all about customer service.

We will have to help him succeed, but there is one concept he must accept. Women were not meant to wear comfortable shoes. He needs to stock a nice collection of high heels to get the male shoppers of 60402. It will
improve relationships greatly and give Berwyn better"scenery" as we male pigs drive about town. It may cause an upswing in unexpected rear end collisions while driving, but the overall marketing of such will offset such petty setbacks.

Ah yes, a nice red 4" pump, closed toe, with a heel bow tie thingy?

Cruise night is next Tuesday gals, dress for success at the event!
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Bear on May 29, 2007, 09:48:27 PM

We will have to help him succeed, but there is one concept he must accept. Women were not meant to wear comfortable shoes. He needs to stock a nice collection of high heels to get the male shoppers of 60402. It will
improve relationships greatly and give Berwyn better"scenery" as we male pigs drive about town. It may cause an upswing in unexpected rear end collisions while driving, but the overall marketing of such will offset such petty setbacks.

You sure you are not a podiatrist?
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Matryoshka

Quote from: LL--Schmidt on May 29, 2007, 01:09:18 PM

Or if you're like Ozzy, it may make you feel like takin' a leak on it, whilst donning your wife's dress

Now, just hold on there, 'Rita-kins.  Let us be clear that there is nobody like Ozzy, nor ever can there be.  The Prince of F**king Darkness rules.
However, pretty sure some of the local thugs have already copycatted the pissing part--behind the store.

LL...I am a a a f f fellow Ozzy f f f fancier m m meself

~LL~

Quote from: 'Rita on May 30, 2007, 01:22:42 AM
Quote from: LL--Schmidt on May 29, 2007, 01:09:18 PM

LL...I am a a a f f fellow Ozzy f f f fancier m m meself

Blimey! W w w who k k k knew?  I've great respect for SHARON!

Matryoshka

Quote from: Bear on May 29, 2007, 09:48:27 PM

Bear, what other kind of rear end collisions are there, other than "while driving"?