News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Alamo Shoes

Started by hounddog, September 14, 2006, 04:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hounddog

Went shoe shopping at Alamo Shoes today.  I asked about the "FOR SALE" sign.  According to the people there, the Alamo people own  the building and are looking for someone to buy it with Alamo remaining as tenant. They say they want about $770K.  Apparently they are not pulling out. BDC, realtors aware of this? 
   As to their selection, I regularly just find the shoe I want(say, a Dansko style) online and then I just call our Alamo and have them bring it down in my size from the Chicago location.  They have it by noon the next day, and I save myself an annoying trip into the city. Couldn't be easier.   

Terri

Great, didn't know that.  I like their shoes, but the selection hasn't been the same in the last year.  They should let customers know to shop on-line and pick-up at the store. Thanks, Hounddog.

Terri 

renovatorbear

Ana

My props too for Alamo.  Their selection isn't as good as the one in Chicago, but my Danskos are always there.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby