News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

All service salon

Started by Zelma, April 19, 2007, 04:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zelma

I'm still making my way around Berwyn and am trying to find a salon that offers waxing services.  I'd prefer to find a local place but will go into another town if needed.  Any recs?

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

Salon de Bear.

In the historic Depot District on Kenilworth.

First visit is gratis!!!
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

Juliet

MJ Salon on Harlem just south of Riverside Drive has eyebrow waxing for $8.  I always get my pedicures there.  You can usually walk in without an appointment.
Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.   Proverbs 22:6

A.Malina

Friends of mine go to Tracey's on Ogden --they love her  Here is a link (and she also does threading):

www.traceyshairsalon.com
"I have never killed a man but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

Juliet,

Ah yes, MJ's. Pantera goes there for his semi annual Brazilian's.
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

Bear

Quote from: P-PANTHER on April 19, 2007, 04:49:58 PM
Salon de Bear.

In the historic Depot District on Kenilworth.

First visit is gratis!!!

I had a great mentor...

Bearson...Wax on....Wax off!
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Zelma

Thanks so much for the quick replies!  And Panther, that was more than I needed to know.   ;D

Bonster

Ace Of Fades on 16th & Ridgeland.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

~LL~

Quote from: Bonster on April 20, 2007, 11:02:56 AM
Ace Of Fades on 16th & Ridgeland.

An evil mnd is a constant solace, isn't it "Bonster". Well, I think so...
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Boris

Quote from: Zelma on April 19, 2007, 04:45:41 PM
I'm still making my way around Berwyn and am trying to find a salon that offers waxing services.  I'd prefer to find a local place but will go into another town if needed.  Any recs?

...ahhhh, you may want to head in to the Gold Coast, Bucktown or Naperville for that. There's no one around here I'd trust with the Mrs's "waxables".
Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

Terri

Quote from: Boris on April 20, 2007, 01:44:16 PM
...ahhhh, you may want to head in to the Gold Coast, Bucktown or Naperville for that. There's no one around here I'd trust with the Mrs's "waxables".
Boris the thoughtful husband, Mrs. B a lucky woman. LOL.  

Terri

delbowz

A Matter Of Style in Oak Park does a FABULOUS job -
Life is too important to be taken seriously. - Oscar Wilde

Zelma

Boris, I'm just looking to tame the brows, nothing too crazy.  I may head into OP for it, but I was trying to keep my money local. 

Oh, and Panther, be nice to the newbies.  ::)  What if I hadn't known about Ace of Fades before logging in here?  That could have been disastrous.  Speaking of which, I know A of F is reviled around here but why is that?  Ties to the wrong people, front for another business?  What exactly is the deal?

Bonster

Quote from: Zelma on April 21, 2007, 01:02:03 PM
What if I hadn't known about Ace of Fades before logging in here?  That could have been disastrous.  Speaking of which, I know A of F is reviled around here but why is that?  Ties to the wrong people, front for another business?  What exactly is the deal?

It sounds like you have a fair idea, knowing that it's reviled amongst some here, hinting at ties to people and fronts for others.
But, alas, alderman Brocato used to visit for his regular haircuts, so it couldn't have been too bad, eh?
From what I hear, people are crazy about the work they do.
I honestly don't know if they do waxing, or how good they are at it. 
I shave the ol' lady's back myself.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

OakParkSpartan

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Zelma,

Pantera did not mention A of F.

Just for the record though, Pantera DID go in yesterday for his semi regular spa day (manicure, pedicure, facial, full body deep tissue massage). No time for my Brazilian, though.

Bear

Pantera, my gals at Salon De Bear are very accommodating,
keep your  wax $ in 60402
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UXXQCSUvqf4
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

TyRy

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on April 21, 2007, 04:12:34 PM
Tyry is a SAINT!  :)

Thank you very much  :D  And I keep telling Bonster that  ;D

And I'm glad to see you survived your time at the fair today.

Zelma

Sorry, Panther.  I just read more closely and got names mixed up.  But thanks Bonster for the A of F info.  I wondering, espcially since it's next door to that mystery project under construction.

happyinberwyn

The Skincare Company Spa Salon
6830 Windsor Avenue
Berwyn, IL 60402
708-788-8820

SUMMER SPECIALS...
DISCOUNT:
$10 OFF any one service of $50 or more. First time customers only.
15% OFF any product purchase of $45 or more (Excludes Aveda). First time customers only.
FREE:
Complimentary EYEBROW OR LIP WAX with any FACIAL (Not valid with other offers or discounts).
Complimentary AVEDA..DEEP CONDITIONING TREATMENT with any Hair Color Service (Not valid with other offers or discounts).

JOIN US FOR OCTOBERFEST = SPAtoberfest at THE SKINCARE COMPANY SPA SALON!!
Friday, Sept. 17, 2010   9am - 5pm, hours extended til 7pm (Refreshments)
Saturday, Sept. 18, 2010   9am - 5pm
SPECIALS
Airbrush Tan Spray, first layer spray normally priced at $25, NOW ONLY $20
Book BASIC MANICURE..and GET FREE UPGRADE to the SPA MANICURE with neck and shoulder massage!
Complimentary 10 minute chair massages!
$5 Tarot Card Readings for FUN!

We have been welcomed with open arms and are so happy to be in Berwyn. 
We look forward to serving you.
THE SKINCARE COMPANY
708-788-8820

SUMMER HOURS
Thurs 11am - 7pm
Fri  9am - 5pm
Sat  9am - 5pm

FALL HOURS
Tues  11am - 7pm
Thurs 11am - 7pm
Fri  9am - 5pm
Sat  9am - 5pm