News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Airport Car Service/Limo Recommendation?

Started by Fer, July 24, 2007, 08:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fer

Hi All.
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced local car service/limo to and from O'Hare?  I'm flying out very early (6 a.m. flight) & getting in pretty late (10:30 p.m.) and I'd like to have my transportation lined up before I leave.    I head out in a few weeks.

Thanks so much!

Fer

"Life is short. Enjoy it."
J. Sullivan, 7/28/06

java

Quote from: Fer on July 24, 2007, 08:57:36 AM
Hi All.
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced local car service/limo to and from O'Hare?  I'm flying out very early (6 a.m. flight) & getting in pretty late (10:30 p.m.) and I'd like to have my transportation lined up before I leave.    I head out in a few weeks.

Thanks so much!

Fer

I have had very good service from Platinum Limo.  708.839.1098 - ask for Joe.

Mark Titzer
The City of Homers

delbowz

I would avoid using Morton Taxi - as they keep popping up in the police blotter for having an unlicensed driver.

Blue cab has left me hanging a time or two.

I travel a lot for work and usually use American Taxi - they have flat rates to both airports and are VERY reliable.  They have an automated reservation line:  1-800-244-1177.

You can actually call them from the airport after you get your luggage and they will be there usually w/in 10 mins.

I think the flat rate from Berwyn south of 22nd to O'Hare is $30-$34 ish....

Denise
Life is too important to be taken seriously. - Oscar Wilde

formerfalcon

Last time we traveled a friend recommended American Limo/My Chaffeur.  Sorry I don't have a phone number handy though -but they were very good - the pick up at the house the guy was here like 30 minutes early and when we arrived back home at OHare we just called an 800 number upon getting our luggage and the driver was there like in 10 minutes.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: formerfalcon on July 24, 2007, 06:39:03 PM
Last time we traveled a friend recommended American Limo/My Chaffeur.  Sorry I don't have a phone number handy though -but they were very good - the pick up at the house the guy was here like 30 minutes early and when we arrived back home at OHare we just called an 800 number upon getting our luggage and the driver was there like in 10 minutes.

Back when I traveled every week, American Limo was my #1 choice.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

scoon

I know some guys at 19th and Grove who will provide you with a car, no questions asked...

treeguy

I have used American Taxi 15-20 times and have always had a good experience.  One time they were 5 minutes late, but still got me to the airport on time.  Every other time they were 10-15 minutes early.  I like their flat rates.  When you arrive at O'Hare and get your luggage, there is a free phone you can use to call them.  There is a kiosk with a bunch of pictures of hotels and limo/taxis.  Find their picture, and dial the 3 digit number on the picture.  It connects you to them and they know exactly where you are.  10 minutes later you are on your way.