A Noble profession: Berwyn resident has a taste for coffee

Started by Boris, September 12, 2007, 09:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Ten

I know it's not Berwyn, and I'd rather support places south of Roosevelt, but this guy is doing it right.  Friendly, well priced, and good.

Heads Up Coffee
906 S Oak Park Ave
Oak Park, IL 60304

While you're there, stop by the Oak Park bakery two doors away.  You can't beat the pastries or the price.

Crunchie

"Oak Park" combined with "can't beat the price" is an oxymoron.

Matryoshka

Quote from: Kaiser Soze on October 13, 2007, 08:08:19 PM
"Oak Park" combined with "can't beat the price" is an oxymoron.

I don't think Oak Park prices are all that different from Berwyn, unless you're talking real estate. Of course there are certain higher end stores which are in O P.  In those particular shops, one may spend more than they would in Dollar Buster or Discovery, here in Berwyn.

Ana

My Raspberry Mocha was delicioso. . . says a Starbucks fanatica. . .
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

rbain

To be fair, a raspberry mocha has very little to do with coffee. It's like saying "they have the best wine- my sangria was perfect!"
-Rob
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

Ana

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

rbain

Beg all you want, I'm pretty sure you won't be able to tell the difference between a Panama Esmerelda and a Sulawesi-Kalossi once you've added sugar, chocolate syrup, sugar, raspberry syrup, and 20oz. of steamed milk. (then drizzled more chocolate and raspberry syrup on top for decoration.)
-Rob
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

Ana