News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

A Little Fun in the Depot Saturday

Started by LOL, August 22, 2008, 12:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOL

The Depot District would be a nice stop before you head up to the Roosevelt Road wing ding. . .

Open Market from 8-12
Free coffee and pastry from 10-12 at Mary Memories, and 10% off your purchase of merchandise all day
10% off cigars at the Cigar Depot
Free ice cream for the kiddies from 1 - 2 at Over the Rainbow and a magician at 2! Jaycees will buy adults who join up a scoop, too!
Half price books at Fillmore
Gift with purchase (over $20) at Fly Right Gifts, and register to win a free Melissa & Doug puzzle
Mystery discount at Exquisite Revisit (between 10-25%)
Sidewalk chalk art contest for the kids

The word gullible isn't in the dictionary?

Thor

Quote from: LOL on August 22, 2008, 12:14:43 AM
The Depot District would be a nice stop before you head up to the Roosevelt Road wing ding. . .
Open Market from 8-12
Free coffee and pastry from 10-12 at Mary Memories, and 10% off your purchase of merchandise all day
10% off cigars at the Cigar Depot
Free ice cream for the kiddies from 1 - 2 at Over the Rainbow and a magician at 2! Jaycees will buy adults who join up a scoop, too!
Half price books at Fillmore
Gift with purchase (over $20) at Fly Right Gifts, and register to win a free Melissa & Doug puzzle
Mystery discount at Exquisite Revisit (between 10-25%)
OTR really knows how to throw a kids party!!! We went last year to their first anniversary and it was a blast. They had an educational animal show where the kids were encouraged to touch and ask questions about different animals that were on display. They also throw a really nice Halloween gig.
I will definitely be there with the rug rats on Saturday. I love a good magic show!!
IMHO Over The Rainbow is a big feather in the Depot District's cap.
Stop your whining and think the way I do

Bonster

(read: sidewalk graffiti contest, NBPD style)

(kidding)
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

truman40

Quote from: Bonster on August 22, 2008, 11:12:45 AM

(read: sidewalk graffiti contest, NBPD style)

(kidding)
LOL, no spray cans allowed!!
We did this last year and I was amazed by some of the talented kids. One kid did an I LOVE BERWYN theme and drew the Spindle. Maybe this year she'll draw a big empty space with a Walgreen sign behind it. Of course my favorite was Sponge Bob & Patrick.
If you have kids I encourge you to bring them out for a little while and have them "graffiti-up" the sidewalks. Cool thing is you don't have to call city hall to have this art work removed.
PS- Thanks Thor for the cool words.
Shop Local
www.the350project.net