News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

5/13/08 Council

Started by OakParkSpartan, May 11, 2008, 12:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZORBA

apat,

Probably because you were identified as a "hard core" Republican (not likely to vote for Judy, Tony, OR Terri).

Maybe you can ask some of your other Republican buddies who Terri's "campaign workers" PUSHED when they got to the door. I'm pretty sure not much about Terri, OR Tony. A trained monkey can stuff a single piece of Shonder literature in the BACK of a plastic bag and hang it on a door. The key is, what candidate(s) were they pushing. Ironic how some of Terri's "campaign workers" get credit for helping her when they were actually pushing Judy, and Judy only. Stuff a Judy bag with a small Shonder piece and get credit for "helping" Terri. Brilliant idea.

Even funnier is how Paul NEVER mentions who else worked on Terri's campaign, and how he shunned that person.

apatriot

you are right.  It was Judy, Judy, Judy.

ZORBA

ZORBA

Quote from: Felix Greco on May 20, 2008, 08:21:25 AM
SILK,

What is your stake in Berwyn elections/politics?

Nothing. How about yourself?

Quote Why are you so concerned?

Probably the same reason you are.

QuoteIf you are that passionate about Berwyn, why not run for office here?

Right after you.

Paul Fuentes

Quote from: SILK on May 20, 2008, 05:25:05 PM
apat,

Probably because you were identified as a "hard core" Republican (not likely to vote for Judy, Tony, OR Terri).

Maybe you can ask some of your other Republican buddies who Terri's "campaign workers" PUSHED when they got to the door. I'm pretty sure not much about Terri, OR Tony. A trained monkey can stuff a single piece of Shonder literature in the BACK of a plastic bag and hang it on a door. The key is, what candidate(s) were they pushing. Ironic how some of Terri's "campaign workers" get credit for helping her when they were actually pushing Judy, and Judy only. Stuff a Judy bag with a small Shonder piece and get credit for "helping" Terri. Brilliant idea.

Even funnier is how Paul NEVER mentions who else worked on Terri's campaign, and how he shunned that person.

The following is not a response to the poster of the above.  It is a statements of facts wherefrom any interested can form their own conclusions.

1.  I was asked to be the Berwyn Township coordinator for the Topinka campaign months before Ms. Shonder announced her candidacy for Republican Committeewoman.  I was also asked to act as coordinator for Christine Radogno before Ms. Shonder announced her candidacy.  BTW, I knew Judy since 1992 when she held a meeting at what is now Lucky dog on Harlem (if I recall correctly it was Pepe's Tacos then) in an effort to recruit more Hispanics into the Republican party.  Later, her son, while on leave from Operation Desert Storm, worked for me as a clerk in the State's Attorney's office. 

2.  Subsequently, I approached Frank Amaro (who I did not know from Adam...I left a note on his door) in an effort to recruit his assistance to help Topinka and Radogno.

3.  After Ms. Shonder announced her candidacy, I was asked to meet with Ms. Shonder to determine her viability as a candidate and to determine whether to make an endorsement.  Now I do not recall whether there were 2 or only one meeting, one between me and Ms. Shonder, and a subsequent meeting with Ms, Shonder and Frank Amaro.  Regardless, there was at least one meeting at Garv's wherein I posed the question.."Are you running because O'Connor asked you to run or are you truly running to act as an independent committeeperson?".  The answer was the latter. 

4.  I reported back to the campaign managers of both candidates for which I was acting as coordinator.  One chose to make an endorsement, the other did not.   

5.  The next major event was a fund raiser held for Ms. Shonder held at the "old" La Notte.  The reasons this event was of note is twofold.  First, all of the attendees were either IVB supporters or VFW supporters that Amaro recruited (I still have the roster).  But more notable, to me, was that during Ms. Shonder;s address to the crowd, she gave cudos to her campaign manager, a person who has no need to be dragged into this discourse.  The problem was that both Frank and I were never told she has a campaign manager.  Furthermore, I later learned that the same person was more involved in electing Bob Feight as Dem Committeeman.

6.   During the actual campaign, every person who voted Republican in 2000, 2001, 2002, or 2004 was targeted for a knock or drop of literature.  I.E. both "hard" and "soft" Republicans.  If you fit into this category and did NOT receive a literature package then those I trusted burned me,  Comes with the territory.  The literature was packaged in clear door knob bags and the order of the literature was ALWAYS according to office heirarchy....Governor, State Treasurer, County Board President, and finally Berwyn Township Republican Committeman...same as the Palm Card that Amaro and I paid for.  Furthermore, I did NOT print or supply the literature.   From what I know, and correct me if I am wrong, Ms. Shonder's literature was paid for and donated by Mayor O'Connor.  I had no control over the size or content of the literature from any candidate.  Furthermore, if "JUDY" had a bag, I am still waiting for it because all of the door knobbags  were paid for by Yours Truly.  i would expect that if there was any problem with that scenario it would have been addressed by Ms. Shonder's manager, the candidate herself, or any significant other. After all, all concerned knew who i was working for,  Thus if the candidate, her campaign manager, or significant other has any issue with anything I did, they were never bound and were always free to proceed another path.  To this date I have not heard any complaints by anyone other than someone who was not a decision maker in any campaign.

7.  Come the conclusion of the primary, Ms, Shonder lost to Castrovioanni. I made a call to CASTRO the next day congratulate him on his victory.  We subsequently "broke bread" and talked about common issues.    We never came to an agreement as to any joint venture, but agreed to keep an open dialogue.  Whoever has a problem with that so be it.  That is the protocol. That is politics. 

8. As far as flip flopping or seeking personal gain, one individual here (see above) sought a political job (DUI Prosecutor), I did not, never have. 

In conclusion, I am done with this discussion unless u are willing to meet me face to face without the shroud of anonymity.  Furthermore, if there is anymore discussion to be had on the above, I would prefer to hear it from those individuals cited....those that can confirm or deny based on first hand knowledge, not hearsay.  Sniping in anonymity does not make the twins shrivel (cold water does). 

As far as any other questions, comments, or other, you know who I am (I post under my REAL name).  You know or should know where to find me. 

Paul Fuentes

ZORBA

Mr Fuentes,

See apats post above.

If you want to get into specific who's, where's, and when's, we can.....with the expected results.

The 20K is still on the table. And of course you've backpedaled faster than legs can take you.

The ONLY reason you "broke" bread with Castro was to see if he would back Judy. THAT'S IT. And whne Castro told you to forget it, you were done with him as well.

For whatever reason, you've also decided to go off on a DUI tangent, much like your friend Mr Greco.  So please identify the person you're specifically speaking of, and we'll go from there. And of course you'll backpedal again.

p.s. I have no need to set up clandestine meetings in person. What I have to say I do so in public, where my words and actions can be judged and recorded. I'll leave the secret meetings to those who  cavort amongst camps like a 9 year old Berwyn schoolgirl playing hopscotch on the sidewalk.

ZORBA

A few more points.

The question is whether you decided to help Terri BEFORE or AFTER Judy's endorsement. That's it. I would say that prior to Judy's endorsement, Castro had as much chance as getting your support as Terri. maybe more. Now does that sound like someone who is interested in what's best for Berwyn, or someone who makes politically calculated decisions?

Secondly, the assertion that the only people at terri's La Notte fundraiser were IVBer's and Vets is a flat out lie. Tony Peraica falls in neither category Nor does a BTF member who no longer posts, and afew others. Nonetheless, what difference does it make if there were IVB people there? Did it offend your "Republican" senses? Maybe a few BRDO members would have been more palaltable? Careful the waters you're treading Mr. fuentes, you don't have a lifejacket.

Third, so what if Terri had a campaign manager? Did that take the spotlight off of you? Did it take away your decision making power? And who cares if he was helping Fejt? Or would it have been more palatable to have helped Lovero, like some people we all know? At least the guy in question never  hid his party allegiance or campaign work.

Now I suggest we terminate the discourse Mr fuentes, because you have NO outs. NONE.

Nuff said

ZORBA

btw, who cares whether Radogno endorsed Terri or nt? The REAL endorsement was Judy. funny how you didn't mention anything at all about peraica with respct to endorsements. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Additionally, the issue above wasnt' in WHICH ORDER the literature was presented. It was who YOU stumped ofr whne YOU got to the door.

Don't bother though, apat already answered.

Tony Peraica's comb.

OakParkSpartan

Ok, I think this is the first time I've locked a thread.

Obviously my vague comments about making threads and the entire thread getting tedious didn't sink in.

Quit behaving like idiots rehashing the same damn thing over and over.  I really don't like doing this, but you keep pushing and pushing.  Remember how that turned out last time.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato