News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

8/12 COW and City Council meeting

Started by Ted, August 08, 2008, 07:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Bonster on August 15, 2008, 03:33:18 AM
lol Tommy...

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on August 14, 2008, 10:35:13 PM
There was no valid Cicero permit per the Cicero Clerk's office.  Applicant said there was. 

Applicant was told to bring in the Cicero permit to the Berwyn Clerk's office and the permit would be issued.  Never returned, but called PW demanding barriers be set up.  Got the resident alderman involved. 

So...Berwyn wants to see a Cicero permit first before allowing a block party?  I would get my alderman involved, too!
I can just see it...Berwyn demanding Cicero's permit, Cicero demanding to see Berwyn's permit...oy. 

If it was that bad, I guess it should not have been approved even after the fact.  And if not, what are the consequences?

There must have been other shenanigans.  That's very classless to make such a statement in public at City Council.  You make yourself look as bad as those you're holding an old school grudge against.

For Lombard, yes they do.  It is a shared street, so both communities must approve closing it.  Normally, I'd think you would apply for both, and need to show they were both approved before having the street closed.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Berwyn Patsy

Wonder what would happen if Cicero/Berwyn sides disagreed on a block  permit for a shared
city street?   How nasty could that become?  OC and Larry Dominick dragged into a messy battle?

Tommy

So, what'r ya sayin', Patsy?  Pistols at dawn?!  LOL...

apatriot

Geez, we close Cermak for parades, Ogden for the Route 66 hoedown, but closing a major street for a block party ?!  These ppl are nuts.  Anything major traffic should be denied when it comes to block parties.

No, Tommy ... it's bellies at dawn.  Belly bumpin.  OC better beef up.

Tommy

So, Apat, are you going to go to the Roosevelt thing that Fitzgeralds and Wishbone are doing this Friday and Saturday nights?  Should be a blast and the music lineup is incredible.  Mother Truckers, Sonny Landreth, Michele Malone, and CJ Chenier... Plus the Wishbone... Closed street... Doesn't get any bette than that.  I will probably be working the door at Fitzgeralds Friday.  See you there?!

apatriot

Tommy, Fitzgeralds is one of the few good things Berwyn has going for it.  It's been around a long time, and I've had some good times there.  Being Berwyn and all, I was living just outside the Washington, D.C. area 1979/1980, and we were watching Redskins (Riggs to Sandra Day O'Connor .... "Loosin up Sandy, baby") and they were playin the Bears.  Then right after that a LIVE show from Fitzgeralds came on.  Dan Akroyd was the host.  I was STUNNED !!!  I yelped .... its Fitzgeralds !!!! from BERWYN !!!!

had one of the most hallarious evenings there when no one, and I mean NO ONE showed up to see the Hell Billys which we picked the date at random.  The main dude (singer) looked like Wayne Cochran with white slicked hair and red allegator boots, and we sat RIGHT by the stage.  That ALONE was hallarious considering other than staff we were the only ones in the joint.  We laughed ourselves sick drinkin cuervo.

and never missed a performance of the Elvis Brothers.  I've posted youtube performances of them here but if anyone wants to see a blast from the past .....from Fitzgerals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_eFwc7AstU

Tommy

It's about the Red Elvises, baby... or would that be the Red Elvi?!

So, does this mean I will see you there?  I would like that... I truly would.  And what the hell, everybody here should come to this thing.  The music is fantastic, the food is great, Roosevelt is blocked off, and we will be dancing in the streets...