Started by OakParkSpartan, May 26, 2009, 11:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berwyn Patsy

Maybe Brian Pabst, is just a nice guy Bonster, and didn't think it
was necessary to put down OC or gossip about why he didn't take OC's
offer, maybe it was not anything except with all the crap that went on
in Council and with OC, he just didn't want to take a chance, when he
had other concrete offers?
BTW, your wrong to say I walked away from Berwyn and quit myself.
I simply moved on to another phase in my life, which  someday you
will do also.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Ana on May 27, 2009, 12:39:54 PM
any word on the Berwyn Housing Center?  and were there many people in the audience?

Gone baby gone.  Aldermen seem to want to do their own.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on May 27, 2009, 12:58:21 PM
Maybe Brian Pabst, is just a nice guy Bonster, and didn't think it
was necessary to put down OC or gossip about why he didn't take OC's
offer, maybe it was not anything except with all the crap that went on
in Council and with OC, he just didn't want to take a chance, when he
had other concrete offers?
will do also.

Or maybe none of the above.  He seemed quite chummy with the DCOB crowd before he left the BDC.  Maybe that was political expediency to get things done.  Maybe not.  We'll never know.  We just know a "friend" landed a nice job.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bonster

Maybe Brian Pabst, is just a nice guy Bonster, and didn't think it was necessary to put down OC or gossip about why he didn't take OC's offer
Gossip? No, it's called a valid reason, and his reason was another place made a better offer.
And from what I've heard from folks who've worked with him, he's not so nice.

will do also.
You're right.  I may quit on this town one day, too.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Ana

A lot of people have quit on this City.  And if certain people didn't have a "vested" interest today, they would have quit also.

Caring about the City takes on a whole new meaning when your children are involved in Berwyn and when you are involved with your neighbors and your community.  You tend to fight harder, it isn't about just real estate for me or politics or a paycheck.

Trust me I didn't want to live in Berwyn, but it was all we could afford, and during the Schaunessy years I consistently questioned our move (more specifically because of the type of people running the City), but the OC administration meant change, movement, open government, yes even with all the crap being slung.  I am not feeling it anymore.

That being said, I really hope that I am wrong.  I am truly, in my heart of hearts, political parties and vested interests aside, hoping that this City is headed in the right direction to benefit the people that live here, play here and/or educate their children here.

Loving Berwyn, brown nose and all.  ;)
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Ana

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on May 27, 2009, 01:08:32 PM
any word on the Berwyn Housing Center?  and were there many people in the audience?

Do what on their own?  Each ward is going to run the show as it sees fit? 
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Nazerac

Quote from: Ana on May 27, 2009, 02:02:00 PM

No apparently, there seems to be issues that the BHC is under an organization in Oak Park.  A number of them said something to the effect that we need to "have our own."  They clearly don't understand the program, nor the extent of services and experience that a 30 year old organization has. 

OakParkSpartan

Thank Naz.

Basically, a Not Invented Here syndrome.  Apparently no one else from outside Berwyn can function in Berwyn.

Ana

Quote from: Nazerac on May 27, 2009, 02:15:20 PM
any word on the Berwyn Housing Center?  and were there many people in the audience?

Gone baby gone.  Aldermen seem to want to do their own.
Do what on their own?  Each ward is going to run the show as it sees fit?  

No apparently, there seems to be issues that the BHC is under an organization in Oak Park.  A number of them said something to the effect that we need to "have our own."  They clearly don't understand the program, nor the extent of services and experience that a 30 year old organization has.  

It hasn't been a problem for outsiders running the show at OUR OWN High School which btw is BERWYN.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: JSlaught on May 27, 2009, 12:31:24 PM
Oak Park Spartan,
You People?
To answer your last question, Yes.  Kushner 
Well then if it's agreed that Kushner was not a patronage hire by OC then he should be a good measure of how the new administration will deal with non-patronage hires who seem to be doing a good job.  If he's let go for someone who's shown past allegiance to our new mayor the answer will be very, very clear.

JSlaught

Tell me Mrs. N how do any of us know that Kushner has done a good job. What do you base this opinion on. Seems to me to correctly assess his performance one would have to be involved. Are you?

I didn't think so.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: JSlaught on May 27, 2009, 06:26:07 PM
Tell me Mrs. N how do any of us know that Kushner has done a good job. What do you base this opinion on. Seems to me to correctly assess his performance one would have to be involved. Are you?

I didn't think so.
I base my opinion on crime statistics in this town and people who I've talked to around town and yes, by what I've heard from people on this forum.  Sorry, no I don't work for the police department and haven't had the occasion to call the police (thank God).

As an observation from someone who's lived in Berwyn for 21 years now I LIKE the fact that he was brought in from outside the Berwyn Police Department considering all the controversy surrounding our former police chief (no sorry, Public Safety Director).

And since you most obviously digress from my opinion on the matter what do you base your negative opinion on?

Bonster

Quote from: JSlaught on May 27, 2009, 06:26:07 PM
Seems to me to correctly assess his performance one would have to be involved. Are you?

I didn't think so.

She's got eight kids she's shuffling in and out of the house and Berwyn school systems, so yeah, I'd say she's pretty heavily involved...
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

buzz

any word on the Berwyn Housing Center?
They will re-incarnate it (new name of course) and find a way to have the BDC control/manage it.  Just a hunch.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: buzz on May 27, 2009, 07:15:08 PM
They will re-incarnate it (new name of course) and find a way to have the BDC control/manage it.  Just a hunch.
I'm really glad I live in a part of the city that has mainly single-family homes.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on May 27, 2009, 07:29:19 PM
I'm really glad I live in a part of the city that has mainly single-family homes.

Like South Berwyn?  Ask Bear how that apartment building north of him impacted the area.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on May 27, 2009, 07:32:54 PM
Gone baby gone.  Aldermen seem to want to do their own.
Do what on their own?  Each ward is going to run the show as it sees fit?  
They will re-incarnate it (new name of course) and find a way to have the BDC control/manage it.  Just a hunch.

Like South Berwyn?  Ask Bear how that apartment building north of him impacted the area.
Brian - I know the apartment building and I also know neighbors of his who moved last summer and never had a good thing to say about the end of the block that borders Windsor.  Me, myself and my family live on a block that no one parks on and we rarely see anyone - a very strange anomaly here in Berwyn that at this point I hope continues considering what I've heard.

Anyways, our block has the largest number of 100 plus year old homes in Berwyn (well, combined with the block to the north of us) and used to be called Baldwin - one of the original founders of Berwyn.

Bear

"Like South Berwyn?  Ask Bear how that apartment building north of him impacted the area."

Ask the business owners around the housiing authority, sorry center office about the caliber of renters that OP sent us.

3302 was starting to clean up. We have had more of a significant drug
problem there lately (as reported to BPD) since the office opened.

...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

OakParkSpartan

So you are claiming the housing center was sending drug users to that building?  Give me a break. 

Ana

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on May 27, 2009, 07:39:23 PM
Quote from: OakParkSpartan on May 27, 2009, 07:32:54 PM

Like South Berwyn?  Ask Bear how that apartment building north of him impacted the area.
Brian - I know the apartment building and I also know neighbors of his who moved last summer and never had a good thing to say about the end of the block that borders Windsor.  Me, myself and my family live on a block that no one parks on and we rarely see anyone - a very strange anomaly here in Berwyn that at this point I hope continues considering what I've heard.

Anyways, our block has the largest number of 100 plus year old homes in Berwyn (well, combined with the block to the north of us) and used to be called Baldwin - one of the original founders of Berwyn.

I'm on Baldwin also just south of Plank Road!