News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

6/9/09 Council

Started by OakParkSpartan, June 05, 2009, 06:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakParkSpartan

Maybe I missed it...but didn't they vote to refer the ordinance to the law department?  Or did they approve an ordinance which hadn't yet been written?  In which case, if it hasn't been written, can someone be appointed to a position which may or may not have been created?

Then they appointed Drury to a position that...see last paragraph.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Terri

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on June 10, 2009, 11:15:17 AM
Maybe I missed it...but didn't they vote to refer the ordinance to the law department?  Or did they approve an ordinance which hadn't yet been written?  In which case, if it hasn't been written, can someone be appointed to a position which may or may not have been created?

Then they appointed Drury to a position that...see last paragraph.
You didn't miss anything it wasn't clear.  I understood the job description for Deputy Chief was sent to the law department yet they approved the appointment.  In my world the job description would have been written prior to the creation of the position and the appointment.   

Terri

Quote from: Nazerac on June 10, 2009, 11:03:22 AM
Nothing about aligning our streets with Cicero's?
Sent to Parking Committee and traffic engineer. 

Bonster

Quote from: Terri on June 10, 2009, 11:28:35 AM
Quote from: Nazerac on June 10, 2009, 11:03:22 AM
Nothing about aligning our streets with Cicero's?
Sent to Parking Committee and traffic engineer. 

Perhaps, instead, we should be requesting her rationale for doing this.

email?

Any Skryd fanboys on here understand why we'd want one-way access roads, easier access for folks cruising to/from Cicero as they bypass the main arteries?
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

MOMAS2

The answer to the Joe Drury appointment is clear.  You all think you are so smart.  He is Bobby's choice for police chief.  Mr. Drury will make Kushner's life there difficult and he will soon retire.  That will then set the stage for the promotion of Mr. Drury to chief of police.  It also gives maylo a reason to not solicit qualified applicants when the time comes.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: MOMAS2 on June 10, 2009, 11:48:12 AM
The answer to the Joe Drury appointment is clear.  You all think you are so smart.  He is Bobby's choice for police chief.  Mr. Drury will make Kushner's life there difficult and he will soon retire.  That will then set the stage for the promotion of Mr. Drury to chief of police.  It also gives maylo a reason to not solicit qualified applicants when the time comes.

That was clear to many of us the moment we heard it.  We just didn't say it here.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Terri

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on June 10, 2009, 11:52:37 AM
The answer to the Joe Drury appointment is clear.  You all think you are so smart.  He is Bobby's choice for police chief.  Mr. Drury will make Kushner's life there difficult and he will soon retire.  That will then set the stage for the promotion of Mr. Drury to chief of police.  It also gives maylo a reason to not solicit qualified applicants when the time comes.

That was clear to many of us the moment we heard it.  We just didn't say it here.
Ditto.  
I noticed that Lieutenant Drury and the newly appointed building director Charles Lazzara seemed very familiar with each other, much more than a new employee. 

Bonster

MOMAS2, do you know anything about Lazzara?

Bear

"I noticed that Lieutenant Drury and the newly appointed building director Charles Lazzara seemed very familiar with each other,"

lol...Your starting to sound like Thor Terri...I suppose the last
admin's appointees were NOT familiar with each other? lol
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Bonster

"I suppose the last
admin's appointees were NOT familiar with each other? lol"

Actually, no.  Kushner had no idea who LeBeau was when he got hired on.  (lol)

MOMAS2

Quote from: bonster on June 10, 2009, 12:12:31 PM
Nothing at all.  Does anybody else?

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: MOMAS2 on June 10, 2009, 12:32:54 PM

Nope.  Not that I've heard.

Bonster

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on June 10, 2009, 01:30:17 PM
Quote from: MOMAS2 on June 10, 2009, 12:32:54 PM

Nope.  Not that I've heard.

Charles Lazzara -

Married to the daughter of former Berwyn Mayor Joseph Lanzillotti?

Ana

I think we need a flow chart or a family tree started.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Berwyn Patsy

Bonster, how did you come to that conclusion?

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on June 10, 2009, 03:23:31 PM

She made that statement.  She lives in Evergreen Park, attended the same college as he did, said she married a guy named Charles Lazzara from Evergreen Park, IL. 

What are the chances that Lanzilotti's daughter married a DIFFERENT guy from Evergreen Park with the exact same name and education background? 

Bonster

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on June 10, 2009, 03:23:31 PM

I didn't.  It was a question.  Did you not notice the question mark?

Regardless,
His wife wrote an excerpt...
http://books.google.com/books?id=CoDbZvcsGaoC&printsec=frontcover#PPA84,M1

JSlaught

You really are clueless aren't you.

Bonster

Quote from: JSlaught on June 10, 2009, 03:56:43 PM

You really are cluless aren't you.

cluless?

You've lost it in your time off, haven't you?! ;D

JSlaught