Berwynite, Cityhall & Sterling you will be glad to hear this...

Started by Aimee, June 05, 2005, 04:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boris

Man!

This is better than Mexican Wrestling at the Congress theatre!

Aimee...I mean this in a positive, big-brother kind of way-

grow some skin!

Don't let some jerky-pants liver-lips push you around in person, or digitally.

On another note, one of my friends just sold his condo in Block X (west Loop) and bought a house near the Depot District...I directed him to this board so he could see just how nice and wonderful Berwynites really are and how well they play together. Don't make me a liar!!

;)
Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

pkd50

Hi Boris,   I welcome your friend to my neck of Berwyn.  It's a great neighborhood.  No boots on the phone wires...yet.  I just want to give you a little advice before Jim scolds you.  You can't call people jerky pants....liver lips, or maybe you can.  Some of us aren't allowed....some are.  Take your chances and see if you get a repremand.  I'm pullin' for ya.   Anywhooo  welcome to the DD Boris's friend.  There are a couple of nice bars here and a group on this board that knows how to work a discount.   lol

markberwyn

Quote from: pkd50 on June 06, 2005, 07:37:00 AM
Markberwyn,  Don't drag me into your fight.  I'm still reeling from the verbal abuse OakParkSpartan is laying on me.

Oh, I wasn't fighting. I just think the argument that this board is -- or has ever been -- an exclusive den for IVB supporters is false.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

pkd50

You're right, because I'm not an IVP supporter.   I'm all about me, and whoever will provide me with the services that I desire and expect for the taxes I pay.  If that sounds selfish, so be it.  I just want people to realize that the current adim are politicains that do things the way politicains do things.  Not all bad....not all good.  Things aren't going to change that much,  or at least I hope not. 

hvychev

Aimee, like I told you yesterday, knuckleheads like stearling and city hall are not worth getting upset over. Lets "Face Reality" there guys got wacked and they have no mo juice....sorry fellas..how is it finally being on the outside looking in? It's gonna be tough pickins for all the out of work political hacks out there....lol ;D

As far as the rest of you go, when you all get together and say we need posters like pkd and Berwynite to "leval out" the board it makes me cringe. These two are real good at playing both sides of the fence. They post nice about bungalows and gutters then strike out at the rest of us when they get a chance. These two don't deserve the effort of your response. If any of you had any sense you would ignore them till they disappear. Then they will atempt to reregister then Jim will catch them up. Next time they try to make nice in a post remember the 100 times these two have insulted T-Stan and the rest of us with that whole mess about the $1.00 drinks. Lets have a little self respect.

pkd50

I want to play nice.  What can I do to make you feel a little less grumpy.  I don't remember making a personal attack or calling anybody names.  I just disagree with some things.  Allowed?  Do you really really want us to go away because we don't see eye to eye on all things?   As far as the $ drinks,  it's a JOKE.  Don't get upset about it.  Will it make you feel better if I don't kid around about the discount thing? 

Bear

Boris...You are truly a word-smith, "liver lips" is an outstanding phrase.
I can't wait to use that line if I ever get into a beef with someone.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

pkd50

I have to agree it has a certain appealing ring to it, but I'm not sure what it means.  Do you think he'll get in trouble for calling names?

hvychev

pkd, once again you are a master at turning words around. I have no problem with opposing views regarding the current administration.

The bottom line is frankly if you are trying to be funny your sense of humor blows. As a matter of fact I believe you are not even trying to be funny. You mean what you say and are riding a fine line trying to play nice enough so that when the opportunity arises you strike when the time is right. I will say it again. In my opinion if anybody resoponds to your further nonsense they basicly have no self respect and are here just for the sake of argument or to argue politics in general and not for the betterment of Berwyn.

pkd50

Shelley

Somewhere along the line, we've stopped talking about issues and started talking about each other.  I went back and reread the last 20 or so posts of PKD.  I don't always agree with him/her, but she mostly asks questions, clarifies and remains nuetral.  I think she has given credit where credit is due without buying in completely to any party/administration/alderman/ etc.  With the exception of her post making fun of Aimee, she's brought up lots of good points.  I also don't think we should lump Berwynite, sterling, PKD and anyone else with a little criticism for O'C into one category of thugs anymore than they should lump IVB supporters into one category of liberal, idealistic yuppies.  Anyone trying to push anyone else off this board is missing the whole point.  PKD, I'll buy you a full price drink at the next function AND leave a nice tip!!  Keep posting.

pkd50

Thanks for the offer, but bars are too smokey for me.  I like full price and a tip for a small businessman who's trying to make it here in Berwyn.  I really am joking about the discounts.  Heck it's the Berwyn way to save a buck here and there.  If I in any way hurt Aimee, I'm truly sorry it was never intentional. 

markberwyn

Quote from: Berwynite on June 06, 2005, 10:35:23 AM
(markberwyn and I have harmless bantering).

Is that a fact? Just yesterday you were threatening to put me on your ignore list.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

T-Stan RPCV

Quote from: pkd50 on June 06, 2005, 09:52:37 AM
As far as the $ drinks,  it's a JOKE.  Don't get upset about it.  Will it make you feel better if I don't kid around about the discount thing?  

Joke or not, it must really mean alot to you considering the frequency that you refer to it.  I personally could care less whether you find accepting a buisness owner's offer for a discount humorous or an ethical lapse worthy of contempt.  I don't think it's worth defending again (for those interested see replys #21-24 on the Get Together Part II thread).

The only thing that I would ask is that you direct your humor or critisism in the right direction.  Example:

"There are a couple of nice bars here and a group on this board that knows how to work a discount.   lol"  

No one else on this board, except myself,  is responsible for talking to the owner of the bar regarding discounts.  This was not a "group" effort and others did nothing to deserve being the brunt of your jokes or the shame of your critisism.  I feel casting people into groups is a problem with this board.   If it makes you happy, please continue to use it, it does not bother me. But, try to direct your laughter/angst at the responsible individual (myself) not "the group".

pkd50

ruffian

A I M E E ................. COME BACK

DON'T LEAVE

PLEASE

pkd50

Would it be possible for her to come back with a different name?

ruffian

It's possible, but I don't think so.  I've met Aimee at the first Garvs gathering .... and she just seemed like a real sweet gal to me.  She's pretty and yes, she's young, but who wasn't .... once.

I just feel bad cause someone called her names she is gone.  If someone reads this and see her please tell her we want her back .... asap.

Paul Fuentes

I never even noticed this post but let's get a few things straight:

At the meeting at Garvs we never got discount drinks...at least I didn't.

We, actually, DIDN"T GIVE A SHIT, we did not get the comps.

It was a VERY GOOD time,,,maybe next time you'll show your face and "discuss" your issues face to face. I am willing...are you?  (damn..beer b@#$s do exist).

As far as Aimee leaving, I will truly miss her and hope she comes back.  At the same time, although HIGHLY sympathetic, if you can't stand the heat......

Just the posts of a person with thoughts that "occur" near 2:00 am.