News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Summer Fun

Started by pkd50, June 08, 2005, 04:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pkd50

God, was it really that long ago that I saw Frankie Vali and the Gatlin Bros!!   If the Historical Society ever finds a permanent home, Hvychev will be the go to guy for memoribilia.

markberwyn

Interesting factoid embedded in that Summerfaire pamphlet: 2008 is Berwyn's centennial.

Really neat stuff, hvychev; thanks for posting.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

pkd50

I sort of remember that we had our share of trouble at Summerfaire.....like fights, but wasn't there some kind of scandal about money?  Why did Shaugnessey end it, and who started it Lanzolotti?

P-PANTHER

Quote from: pkd50 on June 10, 2005, 07:02:04 AM
I sort of remember that we had our share of trouble at Summerfaire.....like fights, but wasn't there some kind of scandal about money?  Why did Shaugnessey end it, and who started it Lanzolotti?

Fights were a way of life in Berwyn. Summerfaire, Italian Fest, pick a local bar, etc................

I believe Summerfaire started during the Lanzilotti administration. Saw Laura Branigan there. And yes, there was a money scandal, but not sure of the particulars.

pkd50

Sorry..... keep me in line buddy

chandasz

http://www.chicagoexotica.com/index.asp

Fitgerald's and Chef Shangri-La are 2 of the local venues for this upcoming festival. Looks like it's going to be a LOT of fun

Bear

Los strait jackets and Pontani sisters is a must See for every
Berwynite Fitzgeralds will be rockin
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Bear

Los Straitjackets & World Famous Pontani Sisters Twist Party!
Mon, May. 23 2005
Los Straitjackets & The World Famous Pontani Sisters are at it again, returning this summer with their newest stage show, the Summer Twist Party! Scottish superstar and the world's leading twist aficionado, Kaiser George, joins the bill as host to make this show truly unlike any other!

More than just a rock & roll show, the Straitjackets/Pontani Sisters combination evokes the spirit of 60's staples like “Hullabaloo” & “Laugh In.” The Summer Twist Party takes its inspiration from songs & dance crazes of yesteryear, but with a post-modern ‘twist.’ Along with their classic instrumental hits, LS will be unveiling new tunes like the “Hypno-Twist”, “Twistin’ in the Rain” and “Do the Daddy-O!”, while the Pontani Sisters will debut never-before-seen dance routines to this new and fabulous repertoire!

Don’t miss the mind-bending combination of Los Straitjackets' raw instrumental power with the Pontani Sisters' magnetic sensationalism, all presided over by a genuine Scotsman that Mike Myers would give his left Haggis to be.

...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...