News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Bungalow Walk Meeting today!

Started by hvychev, June 23, 2005, 12:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hvychev

Hello to all!
Just a reminder that on June 23rd Thursday at 7pm at the Berwyn Library we will be having our first meeting regarding our first annual Berwyn Bungalow Walk.
I am very excited that we have a chance to show off our wonderful historical little town and the amazing Bungalows to all who come.
Please feel free to invite all who are interested in attending.
This meeting will be to help organize volunteers interested in helping in this historical event.
All are welcome! Refreshemnts will be served. If you can not make this meeting, but would like to be apart of this please feel free to email or come me with any questions or concerns. Thank you in advance for your support and help. I look forward to seeing you there!
Bungalow Love!
Sincerely;
Aimee Sordelli

Hey Java or Shelly, PLEASE invite Lucille Evans to this meeting! I would love to see the Dunham house on the tour!-Frank

pkd50

Welcome back Aimee!     You weren't gone after all....were you.

hvychev

Aimee is not back.....this is a mass e-mail that she sent out that I just cut and pasted here for a reminder.

pkd50

hvychev

The meeting was great but we need more volunteers. I find it hard to believe that in a city of 60,000+ people that there would not have been more involvement in something that is as great for Berwyn as this is. We are going to keep pushing it and make further calls for more volunteers.

Ana

I would like to volunteer.  I didn't get emailed.  Let me know.   :-\
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

hvychev

The next Berwyn Bungalow Walk Meeting is scheduled for July 14th thursday at 7pm at the Berwyn Library community room.
We will be setting the committees up at that time.
Here are the committees we will be needing volunteers for.
House Selction
Publicity
House Research
Docents & Support (volunteers)
Graphics & Design
Do you have a good name for the walk?
Let us know.
If you know of anyone who wants to help please give them my name and or phone # for concerns or questions.
We will not be able to have this event with out volunteers and support from the community, lets get this started.
Thanks Aimee Sordelli
nsordelli1@netzero.com 484-0822

sterling

We have an old home in Berwyn but it is a Tudor.  Are we included??

hvychev

Sterling I believe what we are looking for at this point is 1920's vintage Chicago Bungalows. The Bungalow craze has been building since the early 1990's and are now hotter than ever. I would love to get a bungalow on the 2900-3000 block of Maple along with a couple on Riverside Dr. etc. Anyone out there interested e-mail Aimee or PM me.

OakParkSpartan

I didn't think the house selection committee had been set up yet to decide who should be on the walk or not? Or am I mistaken?

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

hvychev

Brian were you in the same meeting as me? I thought that it was decided that it was 5-6 Bungalows, MAYBE a victorian, and a church.

If I am wrong on this then maybe I will have nothing to do with this walk on this board anymore.

Ana

hvy, we need to be informed on the Bungalow Walk, it is a very good event for Berwyn.  I don't think Brian was trying to challenge you, I think he was just asking a legitimate question.  You are doing a wonderful job of informing us.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

sterling

Yeah HVY - if it is bungalows only that is OK.

Our home won the Berwyn Historical Society's Best English Tudor back in the 90's.  Thought it would be nice to add to a House Walk.  No problem.

sterling

hvychev

sterling

Quote from: hvychev on July 08, 2005, 11:26:01 PM
With what?

At the meeting in June?  Just curious and lnow we can't be in it

hvychev