News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Berwyn GOP "Summer Social"

Started by piniped, July 06, 2005, 06:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piniped

The Berwyn Township Regular Republican Organization is having its annual "Summer Social" on Monday July 11 from 6:30 - 8:30 PM at Michael Anthony's Restaurant 6436 W. Ogden Avenue.
Donation:  $15 per person - children under 12  $7.50  
Admission includes all-you-can-eat-pizza and eligibility for door prizes.  There will be raffle drawings and a cash bar.

Anyone wanting tickets or more information may reply to this message.

Paul Fuentes

I'll be there,  Where do I buy a ticket??

OakParkSpartan

Was that the one at the track?  I attended.  Food was fine.  People were nice...horses...I never have bet on them.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

pkd50

I didn't know the IVP had a fund raiser.  Was it publisized, or was it just the "the click" that knew about it?.   I'm a complete outsider, so I wouldn't have heard.  I can't even get my "highley visible" alderwoman to acknowledge my requests, small as they are.

Bear

PKD....what were your requests?
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

piniped

Paul,
Glad to hear you're coming. Based on reading your posts on this board, you're exactly the type of individual the Berwyn GOP needs more of.  I'll be holding some extra tickets at the door.  Ask for Chuck - that's me.  I'll probably be the one collecting & selling tickets at the door.
Berwynite,
I'm looking forward to meeting you there also.

pkd50

Same problem everybody has...parking.   No big deal.  I don't need or want any follow up, which is good because I'm not getting it.  I didn't vote IVP.  I didn't put up any signs for the IVP (or anybody else), so I'm not expecting any help for the next 4 years. 

markberwyn

Do you really believe that the current government works that way? That they check whether you asked for a sign during the election when you request something?
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Bear

pkd...The election is over,regardless of who you voted for or did not vote for
we are Berwyn, this administration will treat all residents the same way
and be pro-active to your concerns no matter what.
Call Mike directly, he will take your call.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

OakParkSpartan

Yeah pkd, unless your name is Marzullo, I doubt anyone will hesitate to help you :-) .
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

pkd50

Yes, I believe they know or should know who their supporters are.  They are being rewared, and that's fine.  It's politics.  As far as
calling "Mike", I don't know him well enough to call him by his first name.  Maybe that sounds like a small thing, but it's the way I am.  I would show him the respect of his office.  He worked for and earned the title of Mr. Mayor.  My parking issue is not something that a mayor should have to deal with.  He has aldermen to deal with the everyday happenings in the wards.  On 6/23 I asked my alderperson to consider voting for retail space in the DD parking garage.  I also asked if it would be possible to get permit parking on our block like the surronding blocks have.  I stated the reasons why I though we needed it.  It might not be possible, but I could have been told that.  I also thought a response to my hope that her vote would include retail space  should have been acknowledged one way or another.  It's a small issue, and I no longer wish or will  speak to anybody about it.   

I've said it before on this board.  I've been happy with the services I've expected for my tax dollars.  I needed Public Works to sweep and plow, and they've done a wonderful job.  I've needed the paramedics and police, and they were always there for me.  I don't need a job, zoning changes, building permits, so I'm not sure how the new adim can improve on what I need.  If they straighten out the financial mess, bring new business to the city, then God bless them.  I'll be there in 4 years cheering them on.

Paul Fuentes

In regard to some of the postings on the IVB fundraiser, it is not unusual, and in fact customary, for political fundraisers to be privately publicized within circles of contacts, i.e. your circle of contacts,your contacts circle of contacts...etc...  In fact, pushing tickets on the general public is seem by some as distasteful, as many can take it as strong-arming or exertion of influence, and avoids the appearance that attendance will lead to favored treatment.  So many opt to offer tickets to those they know wil not regard it as such.  Under the old style of Chicago politics, it in fact was strong-arming, as business owners who did not buy an ad in the alderman's adbook or tickets to fundraisers often found themselves not receiving city services or being placed last in line.

And before anyone takes this post out of context, Piniped's post DOES NOT fall into the category of distasteful pushing of tickets to the general public.  The difference is the IVB function benefits elected officials in power who do influence Berwyn public policy and services. 

Bear

There is a COW tonite at 7pm regarding the parking garage.
The retail is going to happen

pkd50

Bear,  do you really know that for a fact or wishful thinking?   

Bear

Last I heard fron Nona is that they are doing up two proposals,
one with retail, the other without to bring to council.
The proposal had to be done this way because of the bond issue,
however everyone on council is for the retail deal

pkd50

Paul you're probably right about keeping it to circle of contacts, but it sure keeps the rest of us on the outside.  I'm not complaining. I don't want in.

pkd50

That's good news from Nona, Bear.    Are you in her ward?

Ana

I attended that last BDC meeting and Bear is right on target.  They are taking bids for both retail and no retail, but apparently everyone is for retail.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Berwyn Patsy

will you definetley be selling tickets at the door?

piniped

Yes, there definitely will be tickets available at the door.