News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Berwyn GOP "Summer Social"

Started by piniped, July 06, 2005, 06:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Stan RPCV

While were on the topic of the media.

Determining Newsworthiness (from Jon Stewart's America: The Book)

Kidnapping: Y=familiy income X (abductee cuteness + skin color)2 + legnth of abduction X media savy of grieving parents
     (y=minutes of coverage)

Story value:  renegade moose in yard<septuplets<renegade truck on fire<conjoined babies<new disease outbreak (Africa<rest of world)<war<disgruntled man with gun<baby imperiled by celebrity

Body count conversion rates:  2000 masacred Congolese = 500 drowned Bangladeshies = 45 fire bombed Iraqis = 12 car bombed Europeons = 1 snipered American

Jacko formula:  1 Michael Jackson allegatation = 2 Tito Jackson convictions + (5 LaToya nude pictorals/Marion Jackson)

Paul Fuentes

Thanks Stan,

You know I love as my Anglo (LOL) pool shooting buddy, especially if we ever get in a "groove".  Vodka gibllets are on the menu wherever you and I go.  Given that, a big problem I have with news reporting is the definition of "hate" crimes.  If you beat me to a pulp (not that that could ever happen) you could bet charged with a hate crime, as some rumours in the wind say I am a "minority", and have your charges and sentence enhanced.   On the other hand, if I  beat you to a pulp, all the while calling you by racial slurs, and admitting I did so beacuse you are white, I would only be charged with battery or at worst, aggravated battery, which worst case scenario, means worst outcome for me is "paper" (probation).  The latter get no news coverage whatsoever.

Although I am saddened by the fact that I was not allowed to particpate in the "White Power" demonstration planned in Berwyn, and sudden realization that I AM included in the definition of "minority", I cannot bring myself to support a system of law that classifies crimes to sustain a political agenda, rather tham focusing on the facts or each case. 

T-Stan RPCV

Paul, I wouldnt want my skin color to deprive you of being charged with a hate crime.  All you and your friends (you'd need them) need to do is call me a Jew instead of white during the beat down.  

However, that may only count as 1/2 a hate crime or less considering I'm from a mixed family and don't practice.

Paul Fuentes

LOL,

Now you realize why I love you as a friend.  I have no friends, so that theory is out.  But even your Israeli traces, I don't think under the current state of state law, anti-seministic statements alone would deprive me of probation.

By the way, I am somewhat pissed at you as you never told me I was a minority and had to hear it fom someone else.   

T-Stan RPCV

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on July 09, 2005, 11:49:48 PM
By the way, I am somewhat pissed at you as you never told me I was a minority and had to hear it fom someone else.   

What are you talking about?!  I identified your minority status as a "somewhat intelligent republican" (a rare find) months ago.

Paul Fuentes

LOL,

But you never told me I was not "White".  Now I have to deal with the sins of my parents that made me believe otherwise for over forty years.  Imagine the albatross that sits on my shoulders or hangs from my neck after so many years. More than half of my expected life expectancy (somehow seems bad grammar).

Alas, perhaps my only fate is to send a donation to the DNC. 

Eh tu Brutus??   

Linda Kacirek

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on July 09, 2005, 10:36:30 PM

Castrogiovanni is a RINO (Republican In Name Only)

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with the above quote.  Have you by chance ever spoke to the Berwyn Township Republican Committeeman in regards to where he stands on specific issues of the Republican platform?

T-Stan RPCV

Paul - I don't mean to make fun (well yeah I do) but with your previous statement I can't help but thinking of Steve Martin in "The Jerk" when he finds out he's not black.

Paul Fuentes

You are free to disagree, as this is a free country.  And postured stances on issues do not influence my views over actions and record.  And, as this is a free country, I'll choose to characterize your defense of my target as an affirmation of my contentions, as your own history as a canidate and record setting shift in alliances only seems to bolster my contentions.  You both are sellouts.  Ulnless you are prepared to answer the performance of the Republican party in Berwyn, backed by evidence to support your contentions, do not waste my time and tell those you defend to speak for themselves.

Ana

T-Stan, I was thinking the same thing!   ;)
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Paul Fuentes

Damn am I an insufferable Weiner tonight or what?!!

OakParkSpartan

That was a really, really bad pun, even at Mark's expense  ;D
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Paul Fuentes

The comparison between "The Jerk" and myself....maybe.  But unlike Navin Johnson, I never had to be told the difference between shit and shinola.  And I've seen examples of both, and a conglomerate of both, tonight.  You know of what I speak.  In the meantime, someone who hates cans is shooting at them.

Ana

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Paul Fuentes

To Ms. Karicek,

I owe you an apology.  I went back and checked a the facts associated with your candidacy and also spoke to some individuals I previously thought credible. Their facts as previously conveyed did not match what was said today.  After that, as I am sure you are aware, I received some more information from a source much closer to the situation who provided a far more credible account. 

I unfairly characterized you, and for that I offer my apologies. 

OakParkSpartan

You have to respect anyone who is in the political arena and takes the time and effort to post on these boards.  They expose themselves to anonymous shots, and that is not pleasant.

Cheers,
Brian

PS.  Kudos to the Vampire writer for the public apology.  Gotta respect that as well.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Paul Fuentes

Brian,

I thank you for your support on this issue.  But I am far from anonymous.  I also thank you, publically, for your sage advice when most needed.  I truly hope you do not give in to your thoughts of leaving us for greener pastures.

Second, replace writer with slayer...vampire slayer.  My mom's middle name is Buffy (as if I expected you to believe that).  We've always slept with garlic and wooden stakes at bedside.   

And although you try to fool the others, your ad for the apt remains.  You say you are from a land that ends in "sylvania" which I believe, but given your sudden apparitions during the "dark" hours. I doubt the prefix is "Penn".  No coal miner country native skips happey valley, UPENN, Pitt, or Carnegie to skip past THEE OSU and transverse two states to reach the land in the green and white emblazoned East Lansing, then transverse two more states to end up in "Berwyn"????  Not exactly Friedman or Posen UoC country.   

As a buffer, I recently hired Kolchak "the Night Stalker" to assist in this case.

Unfortunately, the cross is only effective if you believe per "Fright Night".

Cheers,

Highlander and Buffy

OakParkSpartan

Uncle Milty...and UoC school of Econ was never my cup o' tea.  I alway preferred Walter Adams and Veblen :-).  Sadly, I studied econ about 10 years too late...as Game Theory had taken root, and Rational Expectations were all the rage.

Never have been to Happy Valley...was a Pitt fan growing up (Hugh Green and Marino).

Cheers,
Brian

Linda Kacirek

Thank you both to Mr. Fuentes and OakParkSpartan.

Berwyn GOP

I would like to thank Paul Fuentes for coming to our fundraiser and supporting the GOP. I would also like to thank !!!!!!!!!! for her support as well. Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves and it was a great atmosphere (small, intimate...family setting) for people to get to meet both Senator Steve Rauschenberger and Jim Oberweis.

Thanks Paul and Linda.
Committeeman Tony Castrogiovanni