News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

We need a DJ

Started by Bear, July 19, 2005, 08:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

Geez...Where is the Enlightened One when we need him....
I digress...we need a dj for our block party..one with kareokee capabilities
(kareokee in japenese translates to several people singing badly)...any way
we need a guy for 8-20...I have to do my annual rendition of the B-52's
Love Shack to torment all my neighbors...we are not goth here on the block
and we are not a cult...we just need a regular guy who does good tunes.
Please advise
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

hvychev

"The Enlightened One" was last seen with Senator Bukowski at Garvs Eating a loaf of bread.......

Bear

Quote from: hvychev on July 19, 2005, 08:56:58 PM
"The Enlightened One" was last seen with Senator Bukowski at Garvs Eating a loaf of bread.......

They did break bread in a Holy manner
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

T-Stan RPCV

and after distributing communion, the Enlightened One rose and brought forth unto the loyal patrons two foam board tablets enscribed with "The Ten Commandments of Berwyn Politics".  Alas, The Enlightened One had mastered the art of "fonts" thus enabling all ten commandments to fitith efficiently onto one tablet thus enabling there to be "duplicates":

I. Thou shalt not park your city vehicle in front of the tavern you are in
II. Thou shalt not worship in a house of God in the morning then spend the rest of the day stealing from taxpayers
III. If thou works in the building dept., know how to build something
IV. Thou shalt not keep football pools on your city computer (one never knows with the FBI will stop by to pick up the hard drive)
V. Thou shalt not accept cash from teh Mayor's main man in the bathroom
VI. Thou shalt not give 35 inept family members high paying city jobs
VII. Thou shalt not charge a taxpayer $240 in permit fees for a front porch
VIII. Thou shalt not fall asleep at council meetings
IX. Thou shalt not sell city property (the old police station) at a loss to taxpayers
X. Thou shalt not covet thru home rule

After placing thine commadments into the trust of Garv's faithful (and finishing his beer) The Enlightened One walked henceforth from the establishment, with the Senator at his side, and into history.

Alas, memories of this enlightened enigma have been preserveth.  One tablet was salvaged from the hands of a barmaid who veinly attempted disposal.  (She is forgiven, because she did not know what she nearly had done).  This tablet now rests in its arc placed securely in a bungelow attic, in hopes that the Enlightened One will come again.  No one knows what becameith of the second tablet, brother of the first, may we prey that Indiana Jones will heed our prayers and salvage it in time for the second coming.

Paul Fuentes

My son, I am not from Indiana, nor would my genealogical tree contain the surname Jones, but I do come from a true Mecca prayer and worship, surrounded by vast shorelines where locals prepare the aromatic delicacies of the day.

And it is I who holds the second tablet, in a fortress.  As you know I support Second Amendment principles, trust its safekeeping.

For now I await GoneFromCityHall's Bouviier to trespass my statutorily protected property rights and urinate on my tree so I can collapse its lungs with a .50 calibre projectile from my Barrett 99.

T-Stan RPCV

We are saved!  Bless you Senor Fuentes.

Bear

One day Senor Fuentes and myself will meet upon the pure sands
of the Mexican coastal boundaries and smile as we meet each other
ala "Shawshank Redemption". Our dream becoming reality. and the fools
scourned.

Life is good.

Paul Fuentes

Bear,

I meant Pilsen!!!!  And the shores I spoke of are those of lake Michigan, dead alewives and all!! ;D

hvychev

QuoteOne day Senor Fuentes and myself will meet upon the pure sands
of the Mexican coastal boundaries and smile as we meet each other
ala "Shawshank Redemption". Our dream becoming reality. and the fools
scourned.

Life is good.

Lol.....finally a thread here that made me smile! ;D

Neighbor

You guys are great...
I live to have a good laugh at 630 in the morning.
Please, continue.... ;D

Ana

Or right after lunch.  I would never have imagined Pilsen, I'm with Bear.   ;D
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby