News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

OSAMA BIN LADEN DEAD

Started by The Jackal, May 01, 2011, 09:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Jackal

According to various news reports.....President Obama will be holding a news conference shortly!

~LL~

On one hand, cause for celebration.  On the other -- cause for grave concern re: possible retaliatory actions.  Heard it was not a drone that killed him - but actual "human operation" by USA with possible assistance from Pakistan. Whatever - still a good feeling knowing that evil incarnate was killed.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Bonster

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

~LL~

I just wish the media would NOT keep showing film clips of the monster and close ups of that hideous face over and over and over again since the announcement.  Somehow seems wrong to me because that sort of thing usually done when someone who did something good dies - or who, at least, did not murder thousands of people (such as a movie star, etc.). To give this monster any further recognition seems wrong at this moment.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Evil T

Will anyone be surprised if the Donald claims that Osama bin Laden was killed in a real estate deal gone bad?

Evil T

P.S. Does anyone else think that the White House release of the birth certificate was a ploy to keep the media distracted?

Crunchie

Bonster

NO MORE ROYAL WEDDING COVERAGE!!! Woooo hooooooo!!!

Bonster

Quote from: Evil T on May 01, 2011, 11:13:01 PM
Will anyone be surprised if the Donald claims that Osama bin Laden was killed in a real estate deal gone bad?

Evil T

P.S. Does anyone else think that the White House release of the birth certificate was a ploy to keep the media distracted?

I saw a Tweet that said Trump is demanding to see a copy of his death certificate.

Evil T

Distracted from covering real news, such as even a murmur from within the intelligence community that there were new leads as to the whereabouts of public enemy number one. If the news cycle had been quiet and even a whisper of Osama bin Laden whereabouts had been discussed in the media, then this could have severely compromised the secrecy of the mission to get Osama bin Lad.

Evil T

P. S. This is real history. Not that royal wedding nonsense!

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: ~LL~ on May 01, 2011, 10:30:34 PM
On one hand, cause for celebration.  On the other -- cause for grave concern re: possible retaliatory actions.  Heard it was not a drone that killed him - but actual "human operation" by USA with possible assistance from Pakistan. Whatever - still a good feeling knowing that evil incarnate was killed.
+1.  After almost 10 years of escaping his fate, he has finally been held accountable for all the murder he has personally been in charge of ordering.  We can't let anyone this evil not be punished because of fear of retaliation.  I hope this may give some final closure to families of victims of 9/11.  I heard the US has his body and a DNA match.  Thanks to the people who put their lives on the line to get this job done.

Mugster

I bet those virgins in hell are really... HOT!   :666:

Cheeky Monkey

Mrs. Northsider,
I got a call at 3:00 this morning from Afghanistan confirming that DNA match.
Anyone who questions that in any way is a fool. No conspiracy here... The man is dead. :usa:

Ted

Quote from: Evil T on May 01, 2011, 11:13:01 PM

Trump is probably pissed off that the announcement interrupted the end of Celebrity Apprentice.

I am reminded of a joke that was going around 10 years ago:

Bin Laden went to a fortune teller. The fortune teller told Bin Laden that he would be killed on a U.S. holiday. Bin Laden asked what holiday. The fortune teller responded that whatever day Bin laden would be killed would become a US holiday.

Evil T

Cheeky Monkey,

Thanks for the insider info on the DNA.

Although the DNA evidence might not be as spectacular as landing a jet on the deck of an aircraft carrier, it is far more important in the confirmation of the real Mission Accomplished!

Evil T

P.S. Say hello to Red from T and wish her well for me too.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Evil T on May 02, 2011, 07:40:59 AM
Cheeky Monkey,

Thanks for the insider info on the DNA.

Although the DNA evidence might not be as spectacular as landing a jet on the deck of an aircraft carrier, it is far more important in the confirmation of the real Mission Accomplished!

Evil T

P.S. Say hello to Red from T and wish her well for me too.

Likewise.  Sent her a congrats earlier.  Not sure if she still checks that account though.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Berwyn Patsy

I fear what most probably lies a head the most.  There will be acts of retaliations and More innocent
Lives taken.  Yes a day of celebration, but also a change in the security of our country an even bigger change this time.

buzz

The true fanatics will not be quieted by his death/martyrdom.
The immediate cry will be that he was not buried according to Islamic Law.  Bathing, shrouding, prayers throughout.  I don't believe burial at sea is acceptable under Islamic Law, unless the deceased died at sea.
So, watch Al Jazeera on Ch.20.  Should be good theater.

I hope his death brings some closure to the many families that have been hurt.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

douglas

This should have happened years ago

eno

President Obama (as commander-in-chief) deserves congratulations!

Not only for having the guts to authorize this mission, but more importantly for continuing the policies of his predecessor without which, the intelligence to find and capability to kill Bin Laden would not have been available.

eno
"None of us have to settle for the best this administration offers: a dull, adventureless journey from one entitlement to the next, a government-planned life, a country where everything is free but us." - Paul Ryan

n01_important

If it is true about the DNA match, we can close a chapter in our history (but not the book) and it will probably go down in history that Bin Laden was to us as Hannibal was to Rome.

There are a few questions that need to answered before we close the book.
- Why did we let him go at Tora Bora?  Who was involved in that leadership failure?

- Why did we get into bed with such a man?  We used the "enemy of my enemy is friend" and joined with him when he was fighting Russia.  How many other "Bin L" are we helping to build?  A friendly reminder of other US "associates"... Saddam Hussien and Noriega.

- When will we be out of Afg. and Iraq and meddling with foreign powers.

- Was he "taken out" or was he given a chance to surrender?  We are a nation of laws with equal protection and due process for all.  If we convince ourselves that Osama doesn't deserve that due process then others can convince themselves that we don't.

Peace out.
Stupid fuck