News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

The Mayor playing favorites?

Started by OakParkSpartan, March 08, 2009, 09:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonster

Quote from: FedUp on March 10, 2009, 10:02:51 AM
Tell me where and when Lovero has been corrupt............

And as all the IVB'ers say..........GIVE ME FACTS AND PROOF

BRDO. 

Federal Investigations.

And to this day, he does not denounce corruption and pay-to-play politics. 

"I am not an agent for change."  
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

OakParkSpartan

I've never said he is corrupt.  He associates with some people who are (Stillo).  My concern is that a guy who has been involved in politics in Berwyn for years sees nothing wrong with associating with someone who has plead guilty of bribing an elected official.  Poor judgment IMHO.

I've seen nothing from the guy in the last 4 years to indicate he has any ideas.  His record at council certainly doesn't reflect any vision, rather to me it reflects upon a guy who takes care of a few minor issues for residents (handicap parking, getting a tree trimmed), but doesn't offer anything for the city at large as far as vision or plans.

I just don't think he is suitable to be mayor and run a city of 50,000+, manage a budget of $40+ million and act as CEO of the town.  His record does not support that level of trust.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

FedUp

AGAIN....Show me where LOVERO has been corrupt

and not association bullshit

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: FedUp on March 10, 2009, 10:19:15 AM

If you are claiming he is a choice for mayor because he's never been convicted of a crime...damn, that is a pretty low, low, low bar to set.

Read my post above.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

FedUp

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on March 10, 2009, 10:22:09 AM

If you are claiming he is a choice for mayor because he's never been convicted of a crime...damn, that is a pretty low, low, low bar to set.

Read my post above.

Sorry posted mine before I read yours....Although mine was meant for Bonster

You do seem to insinuate that Lovero wouldn't be a good mayor because of who he knows......Which I feel is wrong and very short sided of you

Lets not forget who it was in the very beginning of OC's political career that got him going and took him under his wing ..........Thats right folks

SONNY STILLO..............How come not the same feeling towards OC as you have for Lovero?

FedUp

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on March 10, 2009, 10:18:53 AM

I've never said he is corrupt.  He associates with some people who are (Stillo).  My concern is that a guy who has been involved in politics in Berwyn for years sees nothing wrong with associating with someone who has plead guilty of bribing an elected official.  Poor judgment IMHO.

I've seen nothing from the guy in the last 4 years to indicate he has any ideas.  His record at council certainly doesn't reflect any vision, rather to me it reflects upon a guy who takes care of a few minor issues for residents (handicap parking, getting a tree trimmed), but doesn't offer anything for the city at large as far as vision or plans.

I just don't think he is suitable to be mayor and run a city of 50,000+, manage a budget of $40+ million and act as CEO of the town.  His record does not support that level of trust.

And the button salesman CAN?

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: FedUp on March 10, 2009, 10:31:50 AM
Quote from: OakParkSpartan on March 10, 2009, 10:22:09 AM

Read my post above.

Sorry posted mine before I read yours....Although mine was meant for Bonster

You do seem to insinuate that Lovero wouldn't be a good mayor because of who he knows......Which I feel is wrong and very short sided of you

Lets not forget who it was in the very beginning of OC's political career that got him going and took him under his wing ..........Thats right folks

SONNY STILLO..............How come not the same feeling towards OC as you have for Lovero?

No, not because of who he knows.  Because an elected official going off for a fishing weekend with a guy who has plead guilty to bribing another elected official is POOR JUDGMENT.  That and his record on city council make him unsuitable (with the record being 90% of the determining factor).

renovatorbear

As someone that is undecided on how to vote in this election, I wish that SOMEONE would have the balls to answer the question (or acknowledge that they can't) about what Lovero has accomplished in his time in our local government.  C'mon..there has to be something to hang his hat on?  He's not an outsider, so there must be a record, right?  I've seen this question posed over and over and it never gets answered... ???

Bonster

Association bullshit?    It's not bullshit.  Not one bit.

FedUp

Boy ........suck one dick and you are a cocksucker for life syndrome.....GET OVER IT

He knows him he is his fiend............... SO WHAT

He was also OC's MENTOR..............SO WHAT

Bonster

The mere fact that he took on IVBers who went back on their word is bad enough.  That says a LOT about who he surrounds himself with...

Bonster

Quote from: FedUp on March 10, 2009, 10:44:49 AM
Boy ........suck one dick and you are a cocksucker for life syndrome.....GET OVER IT

He knows him he is his fiend............... SO WHAT

He was also OC's MENTOR..............SO WHAT

SO WHAT...SO WHAT.........nice attitude, and typically old school when it comes to dealing with the future of our city.  Nice work, guy.

FedUp

Quote from: Bonster on March 10, 2009, 10:51:53 AM
The mere fact that he took on IVBers who went back on their word is bad enough.  That says a LOT about who he surrounds himself with...

They didn't just out of nowhere go back on their words...............They figured out what and who OC really is....Now that says a lot

Bonster

Quote from: FedUp on March 10, 2009, 10:54:21 AM

They didn't just out of nowhere go back on their words...............They figured out what and who OC really is....Now that says a lot

Ohhhh, but it's NOT about OC.  It's about them - lying to their constituents.

So, will Bob and crew take back what they said about Nona and Co. during the last elections?  Or do they just carry the cross, like a black mark, as part of the DCoB?

MOMAS2

Wasn't it Sonny Stillo who helped old man Jerry O'Connor sell his gas station in Bridgeport years ago?

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: renovatorbear on March 10, 2009, 10:41:02 AM
As someone that is undecided on how to vote in this election, I wish that SOMEONE would have the balls to answer the question (or acknowledge that they can't) about what Lovero has accomplished in his time in our local government.  C'mon..there has to be something to hang his hat on?  He's not an outsider, so there must be a record, right?  I've seen this question posed over and over and it never gets answered... ???
You would think that if Lovero had such a long list of accomplishments the DCOB would be screaming them for out for everyone to hear but the silence is deafening on that.  Also, how about goals or a vision for Berwyn if he is elected mayor with clear cut ways or methods of achieving those goals or that vision.  I have visited the DCOB website numerous times thinking that even if no one wants to post it here maybe I would find it there.  Again, nothing and the man is running for Mayor of Berwyn.

FedUp

Quote from: Bonster on March 10, 2009, 10:56:17 AM

So, will Bob and crew take back what they said about Nona and Co. during the last elections?  Or do they just carry the cross, like a black mark, as part of the DCoB?

Tell me what BOB said........ and BTW look who the dems ran Woodward ...pleeez  Why was Lovero the only Dem to win

And SO WHAT is not an attitude towards bringing this city forward.... it is what it is, tellin OPS and you to get over the Stillo thing

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on March 10, 2009, 10:59:58 AM
Quote from: renovatorbear on March 10, 2009, 10:41:02 AM
You would think that if Lovero had such a long list of accomplishments the DCOB would be screaming them for out for everyone to hear but the silence is deafening on that.  Also, how about goals or a vision for Berwyn if he is elected mayor with clear cut ways or methods of achieving those goals or that vision.  I have visited the DCOB website numerous times thinking that even if no one wants to post it here maybe I would find it there.  Again, nothing and the man is running for Mayor of Berwyn.

See my other post in this section listing Lovero's council communications.  Not much there.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: FedUp on March 10, 2009, 11:00:34 AM

Tell me what BOB said........ and BTW look who the dems ran Woodward ...pleeez  Why was Lovero the only Dem to win

And SO WHAT is not an attitude towards bringing this city forward.... it is what it is, tellin OPS and you to get over the Stillo thing

It isn't a Stillo thing.  It is his judgment.  Along with the methadone clinic.  Along with the support of city unions over the taxpayers.  Along with no significant accomplishments in 4 years as an alderman.  It is his failure as a budget chairman to ensure audits were completed on time. 

It isn't one item, it is his track record over time.

Bonster

The Stillo "thing" (whatever you presume that to be) is not an issue to me.

Quote from: FedUp on March 10, 2009, 11:00:34 AM

He was in that party, and as their new LEADER, he should address what HIS people said. 

Then they should explain why they shoved it up the arse of those who voted for them.