News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Plumber recomendation

Started by Sandy, January 14, 2011, 07:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy

I need a plumber. Stack repair, some piping replacement, and a few other things are starting to go in my 2-flat.
"Modern cynics and skeptics see no harm in paying those to whom they entrust the minds of their children a smaller wage than is paid to those to whom they entrust the care of their plumbing."
John F. Kennedy

watcher

Quote from: Sandy on January 14, 2011, 07:09:25 AM
I need a plumber. Stack repair, some piping replacement, and a few other things are starting to go in my 2-flat.

TIM STEFL  (aka Plumber) (708) 749-9311
Lic. Bonded. Insured

Tell him Lickto said hello.
"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

LetsGoThrow

I've had excellent experience with Ron Crawford from Strictly Sewers.  Highly recommended.

PamF

Quote from: watcher on January 14, 2011, 07:26:47 AM

TIM STEFL  (aka Plumber) (708) 749-9311
Lic. Bonded. Insured

Tell him Pam & Drew said hello!

The Jackal

Gary at Gary's GW Plumbing (Brookfield) (708) 485-7172

plebeian gourmand

I'm a licensed plumber.  Direct message me if you are still looking for someone.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: watcher on January 14, 2011, 07:26:47 AM

TIM STEFL  (aka Plumber) (708) 749-9311
Lic. Bonded. Insured

We called him about 3 weeks ago because we had sewage (nasty stuff)backing up from the drain in our basement floor.  He was on vacation but had a relative filling in for him so he came out on a Saturday and was here for almost 4 hours.  He rodded out the main sewer line and also worked on two drains that were running slow.  I wasn't here but my husband said he was very professional and he was satisfied with the work.  When Tim got back he called to check on things to make sure we were happy with the work and everything was OK.  I just got the bill and was equally thrilled when I saw the price.  This guy is definitely our go to plumber from now on.  Not to gross anyone out but I thought this is something that will hopefully prevent anyone having the same problem.  The problem with the sewer line was tampons that had accumulated over time and worked up to the size of a football.  I guess they're not as flushable or biodegradable as the manufacturers make them out to be.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: Berwynite on February 08, 2011, 07:59:39 PM
duh.
You're so f***ing brilliant - perhaps you can solve the Riemann hypothesis next.  I was just trying to save some people money in case they weren't as smart as you Einstein.

berwynguy

Mrs. N, you have owned a home for how long and didn't know that was a no-no????   ???  

I had a few tenants do that in rentals.  When I would rent to a new person I would explain the consequences to them in graphic details. I would also print out a paper and tape it to the top of the closed toilet seat that would say short of "Hey moron's, PLEASE do not flush anything down the toilet that doesn't come directly out of the human body!!!""  People are so stupid.  I have had people flush tooth brushes, those newer style dental floss picks, baby wipes, tampons, applicators, plastic bags, and even a wash cloth once.  99% of it was NOT malicious, just people not giving a shit because they don't own the joint.  

I would also provide tenants with a brand new strainer for the shower drain and practically beg them to use it.  When they would call me and tell me that there was a problem I would go over and check it out and sometimes see the strainers still in the original package.  I would them promptly hand them a card for a rodder and tell them to get to it, cause they were on their own.  
Unfortunately, this ain't your grandmother's Berwyn anymore.

dukesdad

Don't tampons come out of the human body?

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: berwynguy on February 08, 2011, 08:59:31 PM
Mrs. N, you have owned a home for how long and didn't know that was a no-no????   ???  

I had a few tenants do that in rentals.  When I would rent to a new person I would explain the consequences to them in graphic details. I would also print out a paper and tape it to the top of the closed toilet seat that would say short of "Hey moron's, PLEASE do not flush anything down the toilet that doesn't come directly out of the human body!!!""  People are so stupid.  I have had people flush tooth brushes, those newer style dental floss picks, baby wipes, tampons, applicators, plastic bags, and even a wash cloth once.  99% of it was NOT malicious, just people not giving a shit because they don't own the joint.  

I would also provide tenants with a brand new strainer for the shower drain and practically beg them to use it.  When they would call me and tell me that there was a problem I would go over and check it out and sometimes see the strainers still in the original package.  I would them promptly hand them a card for a rodder and tell them to get to it, cause they were on their own.  
I, myself, have never used tampons sinced we moved into this house 17 years ago.  A personal decision on my part and Mother Nature took care of the rest.  I do however have a teenage daughter who has.  I pay for anything that goes wrong here because I DO own the joint. 

berwynguy

Quote from: dukesdad on February 08, 2011, 09:03:18 PM

No smart ass, they don't.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: berwynguy on February 08, 2011, 09:27:24 PM

Last time I yanked on one of those strings, yes they did.

berwynguy

LOL.....dear god Mrs. Northsider......Thanks for this and the rest of personal info you have provided us in this thread.  I am sure many appreciate it.  :-\

Berwnite

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on February 08, 2011, 09:39:39 PM
Quote from: berwynguy on February 08, 2011, 09:27:24 PM

Last time I yanked on one of those strings, yes they did.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present you the members of BTF

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: berwynguy on February 08, 2011, 09:41:38 PM
LOL.....dear god Mrs. Northsider......Thanks for this and the rest of personal info you have provided us in this thread.  I am sure many appreciate it.  :-\
[/quoteI've provided useful information for the residents of Berwyn, be they female head of household or families with girls in their care.  What have you done to improve the lives of women in this town?

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on February 08, 2011, 09:48:10 PM
Quote from: berwynguy on February 08, 2011, 09:41:38 PM
[/quoteI've provided useful information for the residents of Berwyn, be they female head of household or families with girls in their care.  What have you done to improve the lives of women in this town?
berwynguy - again, what have you done to improve the lives of women in Berwyn? 

berwynguy

QuoteI've provided useful information for the residents of Berwyn, be they female head of household or families with girls in their care.  What have you done to improve the lives of women in this town?

I sure as hell haven't informed them that my personal choice is not to wear tampons, but I have tried them and yanked them out in the past, am now in menopause, and have a daughter that flushes HER tampons down my toilet.  :-*

Mrs. Northsider, please do yourself a favor and sleep it off, ok?  ::)

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: berwynguy on February 08, 2011, 09:54:20 PM
QuoteI've provided useful information for the residents of Berwyn, be they female head of household or families with girls in their care.  What have you done to improve the lives of women in this town?

I sure as hell haven't informed them that my personal choice is not to wear tampons, but I have tried them and yanked them out in the past, am now in menopause, and have a daughter that flushes HER tampons down my toilet.  :-*

Mrs. Northsider, please do yourself a favor and sleep it off, ok?  ::)
I'm trying to think of words that haven't been invented yet to call you asshole.  I'm trying to give a recommendation for a great plumber we used and were recommended to on this website.  You have issues with me - AIR them.  Please don't try to ruin other folks lives.