News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Miss my bungalow

Started by littlealexa, February 28, 2007, 09:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

Tony,

In my 30+ years in Berwyn, I never understood why people would pronounce it PROSKA!!!
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

OakParkSpartan

My guess is because SK is much more common than KS other than for plurals.

I don't get why I hear a lot of people talk about ashphalt.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

hounddog

Quote from: P-PANTHER on February 28, 2007, 03:57:39 PM
Tony,

In my 30+ years in Berwyn, I never understood why people would pronounce it PROSKA!!!
same reason they say Feb-yew-airy instead of February.  Sloppy.

I'd buy the above arguments but for the fact that most long time Berwynites can pronounce MY last name, and if they can do that, they sure as hell can pronounce Proksa, or at least not flip flop the KS sequence.
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

Bonster

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on February 28, 2007, 04:00:53 PM
My guess is because SK is much more common than KS other than for plurals.

lmfao...

right. on.

I didn't even know it was Proksa!

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bonster

Is it really Proksa, not Proska?

OakParkSpartan

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bonster

Bonster

dukesdad

Pretty common error, I assure you it's Proksa.

Bonster

Pretty common error...I'll say...if our own city and a major developer can't get it right, well...

Bonster

The closest park to me is a 25' x 100' footer on the 1200 block of Kenilworth! lol...I don't even know if it has a name...

Bonster

^^^  Unity Park, 1227 Kenilworth.

scoon

I'd like to point out that 7 of the last 9 posts were Bonster, Pseudo Admin and One Man Message Board.

Bonster

Quote from: scoon on February 28, 2007, 08:33:12 PM
I'd like to point out that 7 of the last 9 posts were Bonster, Pseudo Admin and One Man Message Board.
scoon just had to water down my post count...  :P

2000 posts, 90% fluff!
Quote from: Bonster on February 28, 2007, 07:10:11 PM
Unity Park, 1227 Kenilworth.

8/11:

Robert Pauly

Proksa, Proska - nonetheless, the crown jewel of Berwyn's park system.

Curious George

You say Proksa and I say Proska. You say tomato and I say tomahto, Proksa, Proska, tomato, tomahto, lets call the whole thing off!

dukesdad

Say it however you want, but if you want to spell it correctly.....it's Proksa.

Ana

I just want to say that all this Proksa and park talk reminded me that I needed to register my children for Baseball and Softball.  I am always late but thanks to you all, I've made it just in time!!!!!    Thank you!  ;D
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Wow, talk about derailing a thread! :D