News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

6849 Riverside Drive

Started by DFlynn, August 23, 2007, 05:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terri

Darrin,

Congratulations on obtaining the listing.  I was surprised to hear you were a realtor, my inital thought was you had a personal connection with the home or the family and was searching its history.  American Bungalow magazine is fond of our bungalows, we hope they chose to follow the restoration. 

Bear

Darrin, hope you do an open house after it is listed, it would spare you alot of leg work with "tire kickers"
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Terri

Quote from: Bear on August 27, 2007, 06:08:26 PM
Darrin, hope you do an open house after it is listed, it would spare you alot of leg work with "tire kickers"

"tire kickers"? 

Bear

People who just want to see the house and have no intention of
purchasing.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

DFlynn

Glad you brought that up Bear...  I will be doing a "Just cuz I know you are curious" Open House on a Saturday in September.  I will post the date and time here when I get it firmed up. 

Darrin Flynn
Baird & Warner Real Estate
Office:  708-697-5937
Cell:  773-951-9613
darrin.flynn@bairdwarner.com

MRS. NORTHSIDER

I am curious and will attend! This is a a very interesting one of a kind home in Berwyn and I'm interested in viewing the interior - not so much for all the bad things that have been done but more for what remains of what I am sure was once a Berwyn architectural masterpiece at one time.-I've always dreamed of owning such a property.

Nazerac

So which one will happen first:

a.  6849 Riverside's owner will sell (not including estate sale)
b.  Bank bldg redeveloped.

scoon

Ted

Quote from: Bonster on August 27, 2007, 09:23:59 AM
What kind of stone is it, then?  Off-whitestone?

Actually, the white balance is off on that pic...you can't really see the stone too well. 

I always thought a "Greystone" was a particular type of building structure, looks sort of like a 2 flat.  It is different structurally than a bungalow.  There are many of them on the southside.

Ted

pkd50

Yes Ted.  My husband and I lived in a beauty on Garfield Blvd. on the Southside.  The Riverside home is not what Chicagoans call a greystone.  Google Chicago Greystone and you'll see what they look like.

cozynite

Quote from: Bonster on August 26, 2007, 12:16:19 PM
I did notice that all the homes on OPA on the west side have tiny yards...those beautiful brink bungalows, many with driveways, too...dinky yards.  I'd go nuts.

Is that just because you usually spend all of your time in the yard due to TyRy locking you out?
"Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
-- Mao Tse-Tung

DFlynn

They Graystone part came from a conversation with someone from American Bungalow... They said it was a Graystone Bungalow.
Darrin Flynn
Baird & Warner Real Estate
Office:  708-697-5937
Cell:  773-951-9613
darrin.flynn@bairdwarner.com

Bear

Next time you guys are around 13th and Indiana, check out the greystone/brick "Bridgeport/Back of the Yards" style single family units of
new construction mixed in with the high rises that went up. Absolutely stunning, they even replicated the iron work on the front porches. Don't ask me how much, you don't want to know, but to give you an idea, my buddy paid 50K for a PARKING SPOT in his building on Prarie....And to think what that hood was like just a few years ago. Amazing.

Ted

Quote from: pkd50 on August 28, 2007, 07:43:42 AM
Yes Ted.  My husband and I lived in a beauty on Garfield Blvd. on the Southside.  The Riverside home is not what Chicagoans call a greystone.  Google Chicago Greystone and you'll see what they look like.

That is what I thought. The greystones in the pictures on google are what I think of when I hear of a "greystone".  The house on Riverisde drive is a bungalow, not a greystone.

But, then, a real estate agent is describing the house for sale two doors down from me as a "two flat" when it is a raised ranch with a walk-up attic, just like my house is.

To me, to be a "two flat", you should be able to get to the second floor independently without having to go through the first floor unit.  I think there are too many real estate agents in Berwyn describing two story single family houses as "two flats"  or "two units" when they are really single family homes. 

Ted

pkd50

If you have to enter thru the first floor unit, isn't that called an in law apartment?   Are those still legal in Berwyn?

tony la

Ted,

Get that adress on that two flat.  It probably is a registered non conforming two flat.  We as agents just can't willy nilly call something a two flat unless we have documentation from the city.
Tony LaMonica  Broker 1998 Hall Of Fame
Prudential RUBLOFF 708-795-5000
Director Chicago Association of Realtors
WWW.TONYLA.NET

tony la

6849 Riverside dr.  is http://igs.indiana.edu/geology/minRes/indianaLimestone/index.cfmmade of Indiana lime stone, the same used on the empire state building.
WWW.TONYLA.NET

tony la

WWW.TONYLA.NET

tony la

And yes that is a bungalow.
WWW.TONYLA.NET

Bear