TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Berwyn house on Internet

Started by Guy_on_Clinton, September 10, 2007, 01:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

Very strange video, the guy who made it is sure not
very high up in the food chain of life.

We got a 'tard here Cliff, and he lives by you, be careful on that expedition.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Bonster

Quote from: Bear on September 10, 2007, 07:46:29 PM

We got a 'tard here Cliff, and he lives by you, be careful on that expedition.

I am not in Funkytown...this guy's a wind-blown piss from the Spindle, down the street from t, Guy, & OPS. :D
I do have my own fucktards up ova heeya though...
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bonster

Quote from: apatriot on September 10, 2007, 05:58:14 PM
The point is this guy would not have to shoot video if the City would address his problem.  If things could have been addressed to some degree of his satisfaction I don't think this guy would have felt compelled to put video on youtube. 

Oh sure.  And considering the tickets written to others for a bit of chipped paint, you'd think they'd get this guy, but.........
There are WAY worse homes around than this from the street or alley view.  My next door neighbor, for one.  He did receive a pile of tickets earlier this summer. 

(2112, front.  Click to enlarge)
I do believe this could be a shithole for anyone living directly next door.  The place is built up like a fortress with ultra-high fences and tons brush.  I'm willing to bet there's some nasty crap on the other side of the fence.  I'd like to figure out what the three 2" aluminum tubular bars are at the top of the "covered porch."  It's like some kind of upper-level porch, but there's only a gable window up top.  I dunno...it was getting dark and the neighbors were giving me dirty looks.  Oh, that old tree the guy kept focusing on is ready to be brought down, it's in pretty bad condition.

2110, the guy who shot the video...his backyard could use some help as well...

2110 rear

OverOnHome

I live on this block....and by far....this house is not the worst.  Take a stroll down to the Cermak side of the block and you'll find a house that is literally falling apart.  And then cross the street and you'll see two more junky homes in disrepair.  The thing is, things have been reported to the Blight Department, but we see very little action taken.  I don't know what else can be done.

Disgrunted on Home

Bonster

Quote from: Cliff Yablonski on September 10, 2007, 08:48:12 PM
My next door neighbor, for one.  He did receive a pile of tickets earlier this summer. 

Case in point:

(Click to Enlarge)
Innovative Window Box?

OakParkSpartan

I think one of those homes were for sale last year.  The open house I went in was a mess.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Shackles

Quote from: Bear on September 10, 2007, 07:46:29 PM

This guy must be smoking some of the overgrown plants...  makes a good point, though.  Poetry isn't his forte. 

Bru67

Quote from: tgoddess on September 10, 2007, 02:20:16 PM
Quote from: OakParkSpartan on September 10, 2007, 02:14:00 PM
I think a little landscaping would have made the curb appeal better.  Just some flowers for summer.  It is a beautiful house. I think Bru should buy it...he loved the attic.

Yeah, Bru... Move to Funkytown, man!
:D

You guys are just trying to kill me aren't you ;)  I fear another project would bring a swift and decisive end to my back, bank account, and marriage (and not necessarily in that order).  Mine was more or less a spittin' image of the yellow bungalow in Yablonski's photos just 4 years ago, in terms of overgrown weed gardens and wild trees all over the place.  I think I was attacked by a scout patrol of Viet Cong in the back yard once it was so bad.  Must be a local thing.  It was a major PIA tearing everything out of there and re-landscaping it.  I want to enjoy it for awhile.  Not to offend any plant lovers but there are some very strong arguments for rocks and patio bricks!

Boris

Quote from: Bru67 on September 11, 2007, 07:58:46 AM
Quote from: tgoddess on September 10, 2007, 02:20:16 PM
Quote from: OakParkSpartan on September 10, 2007, 02:14:00 PM
I think a little landscaping would have made the curb appeal better.  Just some flowers for summer.  It is a beautiful house. I think Bru should buy it...he loved the attic.

Yeah, Bru... Move to Funkytown, man!
:D

You guys are just trying to kill me aren't you ;)  I fear another project would bring a swift and decisive end to my back, bank account, and marriage (and not necessarily in that order).  Mine was more or less a spittin' image of the yellow bungalow in Yablonski's photos just 4 years ago, in terms of overgrown weed gardens and wild trees all over the place.  I think I was attacked by a scout patrol of Viet Cong in the back yard once it was so bad.  Must be a local thing.  It was a major PIA tearing everything out of there and re-landscaping it.  I want to enjoy it for awhile.  Not to offend any plant lovers but there are some very strong arguments for rocks and patio bricks!

...and the best is a combination.

Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

Bonster

LOL...now the guy won't trim the overhang he has full authority to cut -
he wants O'Connor out there to help him.

http://www.youtube.com/v/y04ksaUMvwM&rel=1

Bear

...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Nazerac

I'd love to see this on Judy Judy!

ivan

Word in the "hood", is that the guy who did the video has been ordered to say at least 50 feet away from his neighbor. Guess he couldn't cut anything now if he wanted to. There is also a chance he will be going to jail for up to year over all this bullshit.

Bear

Looks like that will be hard to do seeing that both
houses are on 25' lots. Why the jail time?

ivan

Seems there was a hidden camera when some "lawncare" was being done.  It also had a recorder on it.  I guess some names were called that aren't PC and the judge was not a happy man.  I know there is much more to the story.

Bonster

So much for that...

Check his latest video, two weeks ago...explains a lot...

The guy making these videos may seem a little strange but his neighbor is really ... well, you decide:

http://www.youtube.com/v/1jqw5PBnEp8&rel=1

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1jqw5PBnEp8

scungili

wow ... I couldn't sit through the entire 8 minutes, but I kept waiting to hear Ira Glass interrupt to introduce "Bob" and then narrate a modern day Hatfield/McCoy tale ... "This Berwyn Life"

Bear

Neighbors fornicating in the yard?.....

Cool!

Guy_on_Clinton

I feel bad for this dude...  Is there really nothing he can do? Why hasnt the City helped him?
SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

Boris

Quote from: Guy_on_Clinton on November 30, 2007, 10:08:19 AM
I feel bad for this dude...  Is there really nothing he can do? Why hasnt the City helped him?

Maybe we should just give him his stapler back...

Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller